• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

Awe look. My governor was wrong. But he was deliberately wrong so that makes him smart.
Look at it this way.

Trump is a moron, or became a moron with age. He had a right-wing populist charisma that many liked. And he was able to energize it. Heck, managed to get them into attempting a minor coup. But it was all disjointed and messy.

Now imagine someone with political savvy, with a similar level of that charisma or alt-right authorita'. A person that could deftly manipulate people. I don't think DeSantis is a genius, but he very clearly is either the luckiest idiot ever, or he knows exactly what he is doing and should not be taken lightly.

Evil always involves some kind of narcissistic blindness, but it can be surprisingly intelligent, even if something keeps the machine "strategically broken" with regards to ethics.

Is it intelligent to use your intelligence for evil? Take Mike Tyson for example. He was extremely intelligent at boxing in his prime. If he used his boxing intelligence for evil would that make him intelligent? Sure he has intelligent moves, but would randomly knocking out people on the streets make Mike intelligent?

Do you see the line yet?

Awe look. My governor was wrong. But he was deliberately wrong so that makes him smart.
Evil. He was not wrong he was evil. Evil always involves some kind of narcissistic blindness, but it can be surprisingly intelligent, even if something keeps the machine "strategically broken" with regards to ethics.

Technically it's not even blind. It's just purely solipsistic, which while less functional than being social, is a mode of thought that cannot be disproved absent the belief that there are other real people in existence, which is something that, while it can be reasonably surmised, is unprovable.
What most people call "evil" is almost always a mix of fear and incompetence

Look at it this way.

Trump is a moron, or became a moron with age. He had a right-wing populist charisma that many liked. And he was able to energize it. Heck, managed to get them into attempting a minor coup. But it was all disjointed and messy.

Now imagine someone with political savvy, with a similar level of that charisma or alt-right authorita'. A person that could deftly manipulate people. I don't think DeSantis is a genius, but he very clearly is either the luckiest idiot ever, or he knows exactly what he is doing and should not be taken lightly.

Look at it this way, a stupid person herd other stupid people like sheep into a group that becomes large enough to scare, intimidate and at times kill members of the intelligent group.

I don't buy the whole Hitler was intelligent nonsense. Many people are capable of retaining the same info as he yet use it for a better reason than some weird ass supreme race shit. He could have used his intelligence for anything else. DeSantis being similar but smarter than trump is not the alarm. Never will be, and never was the case for any Empire that succeeded in doing what Hitler attempted to do. The actual problem is a large group of stupid people that anyone (smart or not) can easily acquire to do their bidding. It's never just that one person either. It's usually some archaic interest group that does all the heavy lifting using a figure head for example Trump (Just look at his cabinet picks), Hitler (Anton Drexler & Erich Ludendorff) and Ganges Khan (leaders of the nomadic tribes) to rally cry.

Hitler wasn't all that intelligent (he believed in white supremacy which is just as stupid to me as the flat earth theory), it's just a large part of the population was stupid enough to believe him, So yeah, lets keep focusing on how much of a threat the intelligence of a stupid fascists is.

So how much grandstanding over Clinton's email server... and whether it was secure, and we have the same people (or brand) demanding Garland resign over the FBI removing classified documents Trump had no right to have, from a room in his Florida golf course hotel, that wasn't even locked until they were told to secure it?!

It's useless. They'll just see the democrats as hypocrites.

Evil always involves some kind of narcissistic blindness, but it can be surprisingly intelligent, even if something keeps the machine "strategically broken" with regards to ethics.

Is it intelligent to use your intelligence for evil? Take Mike Tyson for example. He was extremely intelligent at boxing in his prime. If he used his boxing intelligence for evil would that make him intelligent? Sure he has intelligent moves, but would randomly knocking out people on the streets make Mike intelligent?

Do you see the line yet?
It is pleasurable to use intelligence for evil, for some. Some people are willing to make other people pay the consequences for their pleasure, and are willing to knowingly gamble on the odds of getting caught. Or to skill-play it.

This doesn't make them unintelligent. It just makes them evil. It is their decision that their goals are attainable without needing a long future.

Talking heads are saying this is good news for Trump, that he was hoping for this! Campaign donations have been slow; this should perk them up. If the only crime is misplacing documents — comparable perhaps to an overdue library book — DoJ and the Ds will look like vindictive prigs and Trump's re-election chance will soar.

And if there were an incriminating document, might not Trump have been smart enough to burn it or hide it? How much evidence is needed anyway? To me, he's already clearly guilty of treason and other felonies, but QOPAnoners don't care.

At first the search warrant seemed like happy news, but I'm not optimistic. Only a dead teen-age girl could sway the base and I didn't hear that the FBI was digging up the grounds at Mar-a-Lago.

Do you see the line yet?
It is pleasurable to use intelligence for evil, for some. Some people are willing to make other people pay the consequences for their pleasure, and are willing to knowingly gamble on the odds of getting caught. Or to skill-play it.

This doesn't make them unintelligent. It just makes them evil. It is their decision that their goals are attainable without needing a long future.

Using your ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills for evil because it gets your dick hard is in fact, not showing careful thought or good judgment. These "some" individuals don't cancel out other individuals. When the use of your intelligence affects other people negatively (especially when deliberate) then those people who are negatively impacted by your actions can factually call you stupid.

Talking heads are saying this is good news for Trump, that he was hoping for this! Campaign donations have been slow; this should perk them up. If the only crime is misplacing documents — comparable perhaps to an overdue library book — DoJ and the Ds will look like vindictive prigs and Trump's re-election chance will soar.

And if there were an incriminating document, might not Trump have been smart enough to burn it or hide it? How much evidence is needed anyway? To me, he's already clearly guilty of treason and other felonies, but QOPAnoners don't care.

At first the search warrant seemed like happy news, but I'm not optimistic. Only a dead teen-age girl could sway the base and I didn't hear that the FBI was digging up the grounds at Mar-a-Lago.

The fact that actual people fall under the umbrella of your post is the problem. What I mean is, it's like a narrator telling the voter everything yet the voter still falls into the Select a) Trump bad or B) Democrats bad without once asking themselves: Why the hell are we treating real world issues like a choose your own adventure book?

Do you see the line yet?

Using your ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills for evil because it gets your dick hard is in fact, not showing careful thought or good judgment. These "some" individuals don't cancel out other individuals. When the use of your intelligence affects other people negatively (especially when deliberate) then those people who are negatively impacted by your actions can factually call you stupid.
By your definition of what constitutes good judgement and careful thought.

Be careful not to decide what is a "true" scotsman and what is not.

You ought just call someone stupid, though because that would be reductive.

Call them evil.

That's the word for it.

I get that it can be really tempting to consider evil to be stupid, but it is not.

I'll grant that this mindset, this solipsistic psychopathic lack of empathy, does not engender a long life. It can feel really good looking down on it and not worrying about it.

But that's not safe or sane or reasonable.

Rather, it engenders people getting what they want, and depending on how well someone dances and hides and keeps from getting caught, it's successful enough that it just won't go away. It means that as long as enough of them hide well enough to reproduce enough to rebirth this mindset in the dark corners of human society, there will always be people to "be in on the party".

It isn't unintelligent, it's antisocial.

It's possible, but really, can the FBI really be the bad guy for removing classified documents, with varying levels of secrecy, that Trump wasn't supposed to have?

Intelligent: the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
Stupid: Having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

Do you believe a person can both be stupid and intelligent?

Examples:
Intelligent DeSantis: Knows the right things to do at the right time to increase his chances of becoming president.
Stupid DeSantis: Uses his position as governor to attack those in opposition to him and his platform.

Both of the above examples makes him stupid from where I sit but you and I are not the same person. What you call skills and knowledge is different from what I call skills and knowledge. So if a person can be both stupid and intelligent it would be simple (and intelligent) for both of us to call it how we see it, both be right & move on.

If not continue:

Knowledge = facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.

Hitler's intelligence is dependent on facts, information and his skills acquired from experience or education. I rightfully question that clowns intelligence especially one rocking a neck duster under his nose . I'm certain the facts, information and skills he gathered weren't those at all (you can visit the European theme park at your local library). It's probably why he had to brute force the German people that were capable of actually getting shit done while he only designed a Nazi flag and screamed at people. And his Generals were the strategists not him he was just at the center of a huge snowball while interest groups within Germany used him as the face for their cause.

Meanwhile there have been Empires of NON-Proto-Indo-Europeans long before German was born that were way larger and succeeded in actually taking way more territory. What knowledge was he basing his SRT (supreme race theory) on?

Intelligent: the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
Stupid: Having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

Do you believe a person can both be stupid and intelligent?

Examples:
Intelligent DeSantis: Knows the right things to do at the right time to increase his chances of becoming president.
Stupid DeSantis: Uses his position as governor to attack those in opposition to him and his platform.

Both of the above examples makes him stupid from where I sit but you and I are not the same person. What you call skills and knowledge is different from what I call skills and knowledge. So if a person can be both stupid and intelligent it would be simple (and intelligent) for both of us to call it how we see it, both be right & move on.

If not continue:

Knowledge = facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.

Hitler's intelligence is dependent on facts, information and his skills acquired from experience or education. I rightfully question that clowns intelligence especially one rocking a neck duster under his nose . I'm certain the facts, information and skills he gathered weren't those at all (you can visit the European theme park at your local library). It's probably why he had to brute force the German people that were capable of actually getting shit done while he only designed a Nazi flag and screamed at people. And his Generals were the strategists not him he was just at the center of a huge snowball while interest groups within Germany used him as the face for their cause.

Meanwhile there have been Empires of NON-Proto-Indo-Europeans long before German was born that were way larger and succeeded in actually taking way more territory. What knowledge was he basing his SRT (supreme race theory) on?
I do not believe it is wise to consider someone stupid who clearly has a great deal of general intelligence who points it at gratification rather than edification.

I think some people, such as Trump, lack general intelligence and nonetheless succeed because of accidentally having found a winning strategy, generally of targeting those too dumb to know they have been had.

It's not stupid, though, in any respect, to burn the world and destroy the universe, if that's what you were born wanting to do and feel good doing, provided you can figure out how to make it happen. It just makes you evil.

Because most of us don't want that to happen to us, we fight against it.

I do not believe it is wise to consider someone stupid who clearly has a great deal of general intelligence who points it at gratification rather than edification.
Anyone who believes their intelligence is infallible is stupid. Hitler was clearly one of those people. Again, you and I seem to define intelligence differently.

Intelligence = the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
Skills = The ability to do something well; expertise.
Stupid = having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

Hitler's alleged "intelligence" led to his failures. Clearly the facts and information he acquired and applied were incorrect. He was also not the strategist that people make him out to be. Essentially the German army was free of red tape (their only advantage) and he had competent Generals (who had a hard on for their peace of the mythical pie Hitler was selling). Regrettably Hitler was too stupid to discover his "intelligence" was flawed before causing the death of approximately 20 million people from around the world. What did he gain? He killed himself and Nazi Germany fell. You call that intelligent? The only people who consider that dude intelligent are the people who view him as Führer.

I think some people, such as Trump, lack general intelligence and nonetheless succeed because of accidentally having found a winning strategy, generally of targeting those too dumb to know they have been had.

Hitler was hardly different. What really give people like them the the power is enough stupid people to play along.

It's not stupid, though, in any respect, to burn the world and destroy the universe, if that's what you were born wanting to do and feel good doing, provided you can figure out how to make it happen. It just makes you evil.

Oh so an individual gets to decide for the world huh? That's stupid.

Because most of us don't want that to happen to us, we fight against it.

I'm glad most of us aren't stupid.

Last edited:
Someone needs to start the rumor that it was a Trump-appointed judge who signed the warrant. Don't name them, so the "lock and loadies" have to go out and take their "second amendment solution" to ALL the Trump judges.
I dunno... just having a hard time seeing the action plan for these fascist rebels. What do they plan to do? Randomly shoot every non white and every white suspected of being a democrat? Mad Max movie or what?

Back
Top Bottom