• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

McCarthey out as Speaker of the House - Bozo the clown on deck

It's not there. It's in Leviticus, 19:33-34.

There it says "a stranger". Not "a million". I do not see how a verse from a book written (most likely) in the Iron Age about some Bronze Age tribes should be seen as instructive for the immigration policy in 21st century America anyway. The world is just vastly different now.
It's just silly to use Leviticus to advocate for unrestricted mass migration of millions of random migrants.

There it says "a stranger". Not "a million". I do not see how a verse from a book written (most likely) in the Iron Age about some Bronze Age tribes should be seen as instructive for the immigration policy in 21st century America anyway. The world is just vastly different now.
It's just silly to use Leviticus to advocate for unrestricted mass migration of millions of random migrants.
Most people don’t follow the rules laid out in Leviticus. Even self-identified Christians.

Republicans are the House majority.
But the entire House votes on the Motion to Vacate.
McCarthy lost his post because Republican members of Congress didn't vote for him. After a Republican, Gaetz, decided to to take it to a vote.
Gaetz got only 7 other Republicans to vote with him. He got all Democrats to vote with him. The motion would not have passed without the Democratic votes.
This isn't rocket science.
Indeed, it isn't. So why are you struggling so much with it?
The Republicans got rid of McCarthy for their own reasons. Pretending that it was because Democrats is painfully stupid.
Only 8 Republicans voted to vacate. It is inaccurate to say that "the Republicans" voted to get rid of McCarthy. A small minority of Republicans did. The overall majority was formed because the Democrats joined and supported Gaetz. So, yes, it was because of Democrats. To insist on the contrary position ignoring all evidence is what's painfully stupid.

You’ve already been told. Because McCarthy’s word was shit. He reneged on deals and broke his word. There was no point in keeping him.
Ok. I get McCarthy was not a good option. But it was the best option Dems were going to get. He was certainly infinitely better than the Jesus Freak they elected now. He was a Burger King Whopper when Dems were looking for a medium rare ribeye. But the Whopper is at least edible. Mike Johnson is a literal shit sandwich.

Government shutdown talks won't be fun. And Dems did it to themselves, as usual. And for what?
seinfeld-for.gif

Only 8 Republicans voted to vacate. It is inaccurate to say that "the Republicans" voted to get rid of McCarthy.

But that was enough and Gaetz, a Republican, knew it.
If the Republican majority had voted to keep McCarthy, there wouldn't have been the shit show Gaetz and his fellow republicans created.
Tom

It was only enough because Democrats voted with him.

Again, the entire House votes on the Motion. So all Members have responsibility for their vote. Period.

McCarthy would have been easier to work with than Johnson. So Dems did themselves a disservice. I wonder if they still think it was worth it?

the shit show Gaetz and his fellow republicans created.
You mean the shit show Gaetz and the Democratic House caucus created?

Ok. I get McCarthy was not a good option. But it was the best option Dems were going to get. He was certainly infinitely better than the Jesus Freak they elected now. He was a Burger King Whopper when Dems were looking for a medium rare ribeye. But the Whopper is at least edible. Mike Johnson is a literal shit sandwich.

Pretty much every Republican Speaker candidate is, and that's why Democrats don't vote for them unless they are given an incentive to. Republicans dine alone, and they'll have Mike Johnson on the menu during election season.

Again, the entire House votes on the Motion. So all Members have responsibility for their
And, again, Gaetz and the Republicans are a clear voting majority. Pretending that the minority party is the problem is ridiculous.

Partisan Bullshit.

Republicans started this mess. They kept it going for weeks. They were in charge from the get go.
And you know it.
Tom

You’ve already been told. Because McCarthy’s word was shit. He reneged on deals and broke his word. There was no point in keeping him.
Impeachment inquiry! That was launched by McCarthy. McCarthy wasn't remotely good option. He just didn't let DC burn to the ground. They are both shit sandwiches.

It was only enough because Democrats voted with him.

Again, the entire House votes on the Motion. So all Members have responsibility for their vote. Period.
Of course they do.
McCarthy would have been easier to work with than Johnson. So Dems did themselves a disservice. I wonder if they still think it was worth it?
How is getting someone like Johnson doing the Dems a disservice? What makes anyone think Johnson will be able to deliver anything given the clown show the House GOP has become.
the shit show Gaetz and his fellow republicans created.
You mean the shit show Gaetz and the Democratic House caucus created?
Actually, McCarthy poured the coals for the fire because he was willing to agree to anything to become Speaker. Gaetz and his 7 dwarves lit the match and the Dems poured gasoline on the fire.

All the Democrats did was get the House GOP to reveal itself to the voters of the USA. Why are you against transparency?

I don't have a party. I'm an independent.
Not really. If your future vote was dependent upon all your previous votes or no previous votes at all then yeah, you might be an independent. Your next vote is more likely based on your last vote alone. You're more likely to continue on your present path than you are to turn and go back. You do have goals, don't you?

Republicans are the House majority.
But the entire House votes on the Motion to Vacate.
McCarthy lost his post because Republican members of Congress didn't vote for him. After a Republican, Gaetz, decided to to take it to a vote.
Gaetz got only 7 other Republicans to vote with him. He got all Democrats to vote with him. The motion would not have passed without the Democratic votes.
This isn't rocket science.
Indeed, it isn't. So why are you struggling so much with it?
The Republicans got rid of McCarthy for their own reasons. Pretending that it was because Democrats is painfully stupid.
Only 8 Republicans voted to vacate. It is inaccurate to say that "the Republicans" voted to get rid of McCarthy. A small minority of Republicans did. The overall majority was formed because the Democrats joined and supported Gaetz. So, yes, it was because of Democrats. To insist on the contrary position ignoring all evidence is what's painfully stupid.

All Democrats voted the same way. To say "He got all Democrats to vote with him" is disingenuous in that you imply they had the same motivations. They did not "support Gaetz".
It is accurate to say these eight Republicans voted McCarthy out if they determine it is highly likely all Democrats will also vote him out based on their current opinion of McCarthy.
Of course Democrats are going to vote him out. In McCarthy they were left with a person who broke his word. Going forward, how can anyone make deals with such a person? They can't. Regardless of Johnson's religious bent, it is assumed he is at least a man of his word until he isn't. In this, the Democrats could do no worse. So Johnson can either deal, get nothing done, or show he is not a man of his word and likely get a total of one thing done based on deception.

Republicans started this mess. They kept it going for weeks. They were in charge from the get go.
True. The eight who voted to can McC were 3 more than they even needed to oust him. But go ahead and blame Democrats for not saving the rudderless, lying trumpsucker from himself. Dems won’t save the new trumpsucker either, should he make the mistake of failing to quickly tear down the government’s law enforcement capability to save Trump from criminal justice.
And you know it.
Assumes facts and intelligence not in evidence.

This is silly. Of course there were other and better options. The Republicans could have picked the Dem choice that already had more votes than any Republican got. Why is it the Dems fault for doing the same thing the Republicans were doing?

Most people don’t follow the rules laid out in Leviticus. Even self-identified Christians.

Most Christians ignore the commands of Jesus Christ.

John 14:15
If you love me, keep my comandments.

"Sell all you have and give to the poor."

Mark 10:21, Luke 12:32-33, 14:32, 18:22, Matthew 19:21.
Christians want the ten commandments in all classrooms in the U.S.. But not these punchlines to the commands of Jesus to follow the ten commandments.

This is silly. Of course there were other and better options. The Republicans could have picked the Dem choice that already had more votes than any Republican got. Why is it the Dems fault for doing the same thing the Republicans were doing?
Jeffries would have made a far more competent Speaker. And he had a bunch of Democrats votes. The Republican majority stuck with partisan Bullshit even when it meant voting for an idiot YEC.

That's the reality.
Tom

Republicans pretending they wish they could get their shit together - pitiful.
THEY DON’T WANT TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER.

Many of us have been repeating for years “Trump will burn this country down before giving up power”.

Let’s not act surprised - Trump is in charge of the Republican Party and the Republican Party is burning this country down at his behest. It’s shameful. But not surprising, let’s face it.

More shameful IMHO than if someone were to take out the Orange Menace. TBH I wish someone would. I’d name a holiday in their honor.
No, because that would be taken as evidence he was right.

Now, if he were to stroke out during a TV broadcast...

Republicans pretending they wish they could get their shit together - pitiful.
THEY DON’T WANT TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER.

Many of us have been repeating for years “Trump will burn this country down before giving up power”.

Let’s not act surprised - Trump is in charge of the Republican Party and the Republican Party is burning this country down at his behest. It’s shameful. But not surprising, let’s face it.

More shameful IMHO than if someone were to take out the Orange Menace. TBH I wish someone would. I’d name a holiday in their honor.
No, because that would be taken as evidence he was right.

Now, if he were to stroke out during a TV broadcast...
That would be proof that the Derp State finally got him with the poison. A million former epidemiology economic strategy psychophysiology experts will testify to the symptoms he exhibited being consistent with a Chinese Democrat-made genetic warfare device.
Why wait for a stroke?

capitolhunters on X: "Dear News Media ..." / X
Dear News Media discovering now that our new House Speaker Mike Johnson has - just today - deleted his podcast webpage: all the podcasts are saved and archived. Because we figured this would happen. https://mikeandkellyjohnson.com 1/

No one has had time to sort through them yet but they are downloaded and can be made available to reporters. Those who understood Johnson's role around Jan 6 realized that he would scrub his online presence. 2/

In fact Mike Johnson's podcasts remain up for now on Apple Podcasts so you can grab them too if you want. 3/
Mike and Kelly Johnson have deleted their podcast site: https://www.mikeandkellyjohnson.com/ at Wix: "Looks like this domain isn't connected to a website yet"

But their podcasts are still up on Apple's site: Truth be Told with Mike & Kelly Johnson on Apple Podcasts

Also noting
Congressional insurrection scores on Google Docs

Mike Johnson is well up there, not far behind Jim Jordan and Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar and ahead of Kevin McCarthy and Lauren Boebert.

Back
Top Bottom