• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Meet the man behind the fake seal

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Meet the man who created the fake presidential seal, a former Republican fed up with Trump

Charles Leazott hadn’t thought about the seal in months.

The 46-year-old graphic designer threw it together after the 2016 presidential election — it was one part joke, one part catharsis. He used to be a proud Republican. He voted for George W. Bush. Twice.

But Donald J. Trump’s GOP was no longer his party. So he created a mock presidential seal to prove his point.

He substituted the arrows in the eagle’s claw for a set of golf clubs — a nod to the new president’s favorite pastime. In the other set of talons, he swapped the olive branch for a wad of cash and replaced the United States’ Latin motto with a Spanish insult. Then, his coup de grace: a two-headed imperial bird lifted straight from the Russian coat of arms, an homage to the president’s checkered history with the adversarial country.

The motto is Spanish for "45 is a puppet."

seals.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

It was a pretty clear and effective prank.

I had heard it wasn't a prank. It was a mistake made by the person creating the display. At the last minute, a presidential seal was demanded to be displayed when the president took to the stage. The person creating the display did a quick google search and came upon the offending seal and chose it without looking carefully at what it really was. Least that's what I heard.

Either way, it was beautiful.

I had heard it wasn't a prank. It was a mistake made by the person creating the display. At the last minute, a presidential seal was demanded to be displayed when the president took to the stage. The person creating the display did a quick google search and came upon the offending seal and chose it without looking carefully at what it really was. Least that's what I heard.

No, not a mistake. If you watch one of the videos, you'll noticed that the screen behind the podium had the authentic seal displayed. So someone put this in as a substitute. It'd make sense to use the doctored one off the center, where it wouldn't be noticed as much.

Yeah, I'm leaning toward "definitely not an accident," too. But I'm glad the WH has decided to call it an accident and not put the guy in a concentration camp.

I'm interested in which trumpsucker first noticed it, and why.
Dollars to donuts (not the deal it once was) nobody in the cheato camp noticed it until the media frenzy erupted.

I'm interested in which trumpsucker first noticed it, and why.
Dollars to donuts (not the deal it once was) nobody in the cheato camp noticed it until the media frenzy erupted.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

None of Trump's yes-men noticed anything. It was first noticed by media folk but I've lost the original story.

It makes sense to me that the WH would say it was a simple mistake and not an intentional insult. If the WH admitted it was an intentional insult it would make trump look that much worse, his own people at odds with him again. Nothing really new, but the lie makes it no big deal when it really is a big deal - again.

Per this BBC article it was first reported by The Washington Post

Turning Point USA is actually responsible for getting the conservative message out there to younger people. It makes the Dems scared.

Turning Point USA is actually responsible for getting the conservative message out there to younger people. It makes the Dems scared.
Well, if halfie thinks we're scared, we must be absofuckinglutely terrified.

Or not. I'm gonna go with not.

According to the man himself (he did an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit) he doesn't see how it could have been a mistake. He made the image, but his website had been dormant for 2 years.

Well, if halfie thinks we're scared, we must be absofuckinglutely terrified.

Or not. I'm gonna go with not.

There's a parade for Hitler in Germany. Halfie's invited. What a trooper.

Never heard of it.

It's an astroturf organisation funded by the Koch brothers that has an unfortunate history of consistently hiring racists. Half-life loves them.

Ah, I see. White supremacists, basically, and they're trying to appear to be something decent folks would be interested in. Right wing mentality is all about appearances. They can't win on honesty.

Never heard of it.

It's an astroturf organisation funded by the Koch brothers that has an unfortunate history of consistently hiring racists. Half-life loves them.

And then they FIRE THEM when they find out they are racists! No one would answer "yes" in a job interview to the question, "Are you a racist?" So, they can't know before hiring them.

Secondly, who cares who donates to them? George Soros funds everything for the left and you don't see lefties screaming about the evil of Soros.

And then they FIRE THEM when they find out they are racists! No one would answer "yes" in a job interview to the question, "Are you a racist?" So, they can't know before hiring them.

And yet TPUSA hires a lot of them, like that high school kid you were outraged about. Amazing how ToiletPaperUSA is the only organization that has trouble in not hiring racists

Secondly, who cares who donates to them? George Soros funds everything for the left and you don't see lefties screaming about the evil of Soros.

So if you want to know why people like Angry Floof know the right can't win on honesty, it's because of bullshit like this that you post. First off - it does matter who does the funding. If it's from a pair of brothers whose net worth is seven times that of evil George Soros, it's hardly a grass roots organization. Tuning Point USA is dishonest about its methods, its funding, its goals and the type of people it attracts. I can see why you find it appealing. I bet your a fan of Project Veritas as well (an ironic name if ever there was one).
Secondly, Soros is a nobody. Not a single leftist I know takes money from him He's the Keyser Söze of the right, mainly because the right has never matured past believing in bogey men.

Back
Top Bottom