• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

'Merica: YOU ARE SO GAY!

I've been reading conservative comments on news articles, and it's now clear to me. Every single civilization that has ever failed went into decline immediately after legalizing gay stuff. Greece failed because of gays. Rome failed because of gays. Babylon failed because of gays. The Shang Dynasty failed because of gays. The Aztecs? It was the gays. The Maya: gays. Need I go on?

In fact, no other sin has ever led to the decline of a nation. I just want you all to realize that shit is going to go down, because this is the only sin that God is interested in punishing a nation for.

Look at the facts. chipping rocks lead to spears and arrows. Any doubt that killed a few civilizations. Romans built their water systems around lead pipes. We just got rid of lead in gas and noticed an immediate drop in murders. Blame science!?

Gays could never do that. Why consider strange fucking anyway? Birthrates are way down without that. seems people have more free time and they like it. Blame idle hands and science?

The reason we accept gays is because we wrote laws excluding them then realized we are an inclusive society. Blame stupid, lack of foresight, idle hands and science?

Don't change law say the lazy, change conditions for which laws look bad. Good idea. Jerry and Jeff are married because of the marriage tax advantage. Blame stupid, lack of foresight, idle hands, lazy, maney and science?

Why not just blame everybody and everything? It'll use a finger every time you meet somebody or encounter something. Shit. We do that now.

Don't worry, Scott Walker has it all under control. Soon, this will just be an inconsequential blip on the radar screen of history.

See, this I would actually like to see. Back in 2004 or something, Rove had a bunch of anti gay marriage propositions on the ballots in order to drive the right wingers out to the polls. When Obama came out in favour of gay marriage a few years later, not a single elected GOPer came out against him except to say that the only reason he did it was to be popular.

I would enjoy seeing a similar attempt on the next Presidential ballot just to see what happens.

Also, it's good to have one of the GOP candidates taking this stand so that it becomes an issue in the primary campaign and all the candidates are going to be forced to take a stand on it and get pillioried by either their base or the general electorate.

I've been reading conservative comments on news articles, and it's now clear to me. Every single civilization that has ever failed went into decline immediately after legalizing gay stuff. Greece failed because of gays. Rome failed because of gays. Babylon failed because of gays. The Shang Dynasty failed because of gays. The Aztecs? It was the gays. The Maya: gays. Need I go on?

In fact, no other sin has ever led to the decline of a nation. I just want you all to realize that shit is going to go down, because this is the only sin that God is interested in punishing a nation for.

Look at the facts. chipping rocks lead to spears and arrows. Any doubt that killed a few civilizations. Romans built their water systems around lead pipes. We just got rid of lead in gas and noticed an immediate drop in murders. Blame science!?

Lead is obviously a gay metal.

It's not being "sensitive" to condemn bigotry and hatred. It's being "normal".

So you too think my post was "vitriolic"?

You mean when you were talking about how gays should stop feeling the need to publically express who they are because bigotry against them is now done?

If you also held the view that blacks needed to STFU about racism after the Civil Rights amendment was passed, then I could at least credit you with being consistent.

It's a scary time to many conservatives. Obamacare was ruled legal and fair Housing was kept intact by SCOTUS, Gay marriage is the law of the land, and the confederate flag is is coming down in many parts of the US. All in ONE WEEK. It's my hope the momentum continues. While the GOP leadership pledges to never end the fight, I think in a short amount of time they'll play hawk just like they always do, talking a big game but acting little. That or the real crazies are about to come out. I hope it's the former.

It's a scary time to many conservatives. Obamacare was ruled legal and fair Housing was kept intact by SCOTUS, Gay marriage is the law of the land, and the confederate flag is is coming down in many parts of the US. All in ONE WEEK. It's my hope the momentum continues. While the GOP leadership pledges to never end the fight, I think in a short amount of time they'll play hawk just like they always do, talking a big game but acting little. That or the real crazies are about to come out. I hope it's the former.

I'm hoping for the crazies. The GOP primary is supposed to be fun and entertaining. If it's just Donald Trump on a stage with a bunch of sane, rational candidates who've crafted intelligent and thoughtful policies which could lead to the betterment of the nation, then it's kind of dull because Trump gets old quick. I want them all to try and out-crazy each other.

So, marriage is 'redefined' right now. That's what at least one of the naysayers claimed, that this would be the result of the suit. I'm trying to figure out where that happened. What changed.

For me, a redefinition or reinterpretation of marriage would either force me to get married again or maybe jump through some hoops to recertify it, or add paperwork to make sure my current relationship qualifies as one of the New Marriages. Or I would find new powers in my role as the husband or new powers in her role as the wife.

But, like, bupkes, man.

I'm still married. She stillhas my last name. We're both on the hook for Youngest's tuition this fall. I still can't drive her car without her permission and I still have to put the mirrors back when I do. We get to subtract money from our taxes because of the marriage status, but we have to combine household incomes so we're in a higher tax bracket.

She won't cook any more of the week's meals, nor any fewer, nor do the dishes on my nights to cook. (we used to have the house rule of alternating cooks and dishwashers, but then one kid would use eleventy three pans to make one casserole, for his brother to wash up after, so now cook cleans and any pan that needs cleaning is his/her fault).

She still gets the side of the bed closest to the bathroom AND she retains control of the air conditioner settings which is still unfair as it's on my side of the bed.

She has expressed a guarantee that the probability of intimacy has not altered, though she will not undress for my casual viewing at four in the afternoon 'just to show that the traditional institution of marriage hasn't been irrevocably altered by the latest decision.' So that hadn't changed, either.

One neighbor's home is getting rather loud from a celebration, but I figure that's a wash as the other neighbor would be celebrating just as loud if the decision had gone the other way. In fact, they're strangely silent over there. You could say deathly silent. I hope Bob's head didn't explode....

Maybe I should go tell him my wife still won't strip on command, so marriage hasn't fundamentally changed and we'll probably survive?

But then again, his door opens in the direction of the other couple's house and they appear to be hosting an orgy, so maybe i'll just leave everyone alone.

I'm hoping for the crazies. The GOP primary is supposed to be fun and entertaining. If it's just Donald Trump on a stage with a bunch of sane, rational candidates who've crafted intelligent and thoughtful policies which could lead to the betterment of the nation, then it's kind of dull because Trump gets old quick. I want them all to try and out-crazy each other.

What frightens me is that folks like Walker and Bush are not recognized for the "real crazies" that they are. Walker was quick this morning to come out strong against the ruling and in favor of amending the Constitution to ensure States can ignore the ruling. There are not many proposals more insane than altering the Constitution to allow States to violate what most people in the free world agree is a basic human right. I hope that the so-called "Moderate" candidates are forced to expose the dangerous extremist ideology that will actually determine their policies once in office.

What the Supreme Court Decision Means to You:

Q: Does the decision mean I have to be gay now?
A: No. If are not gay or not in denial about being gay, you will still be straight.

Q: Does this decision change my marriage in any way?
A: Ask your wife.

Q: I am looking into getting a straight wedding. How does this affect me?
A: I recommend hurrying up to reserve whatever place you had in mind.

Q: Will Gay Divorce affect my own marriage?
A: Likely not, but just to be certain, ask your wife.

Q: Will legalized gay marriage make it more likely that my son or daughter will be gay?
A: Did Bruce Jenner's sex change make you want to become the other sex?

Q: Are there any other things about this decision that I should be worried about?
A: Only the direction of Constitutional Law in regards to Scalia's and Robert's dissents.

Q: When does ABC start filming the Gay Bachelorette?
A: Seven months from now.

What the Supreme Court Decision Means to You:

Q: Does the decision mean I have to be gay now?
A: No. If are not gay or not in denial about being gay, you will still be straight.

Q: Does this decision change my marriage in any way?
A: Ask your wife.

Q: I am looking into getting a straight wedding. How does this affect me?
A: I recommend hurrying up to reserve whatever place you had in mind.

Q: Will Gay Divorce affect my own marriage?
A: Likely not, but just to be certain, ask your wife.

Q: Will legalized gay marriage make it more likely that my son or daughter will be gay?
A: Did Bruce Jenner's sex change make you want to become the other sex?

Q: Are there any other things about this decision that I should be worried about?
A: Only the direction of Constitutional Law in regards to Scalia's and Robert's dissents.

You forgot the most important question. When is TLC going to create a TV show about a polygamous gay family with 19 children?

What frightens me is that folks like Walker and Bush are not recognized for the "real crazies" that they are. Walker was quick this morning to come out strong against the ruling and in favor of amending the Constitution to ensure States can ignore the ruling. There are not many proposals more insane than altering the Constitution to allow States to violate what most people in the free world agree is a basic human right. I hope that the so-called "Moderate" candidates are forced to expose the dangerous extremist ideology that will actually determine their policies once in office.

Which is why we need the crazies to be front and center in the GOP primary. They will force discussion of this type of issue and make the "moderates" like Tripya (as in the third Bush - I just thought of that and I'm trying to make it happen) publically take extremist positions in order to last in the primary which will then go on to haunt them during the general election should they win.

If you just have Trump, Bush can ignore whatever the hell Trump is ranting about on a given day and nobody will care because he's only Donald Trump. If you have the people whom the GOP base sees as legitimate candidates going on about it, then Tripya is forced to respond and that only hurts him.

So you too think my post was "vitriolic"?

You mean when you were talking about how gays should stop feeling the need to publically express who they are because bigotry against them is now done?

If you also held the view that blacks needed to STFU about racism after the Civil Rights amendment was passed, then I could at least credit you with being consistent.

1. You haven't answered my vitriolic question about my vitriolic post.
If they feel they need their version of a Santa Claus parade, then let them have it. I will continue to dislike that and to say so. I will not join in a Heterosexual parade, if one is ever organised, and will insist on making equally vitriolic comments about it. As far as homosexuality itself is concerned, I have no objections to it. The parade is sleazy, as would be the same parade of heterosexuals.

2. Racism by 'whites' in the USA and Canada is widespread, in the North as well as the South of the USA. especially among the ignorant and badly educated, this last category encompassing the majority of the population of N.America. Blacks, as you call them, have been its victims here for 300+ years. Civil rights do not guarantee protection from it. Takes a murderous crime like that in Charleston, to give a kick in the balls to self-satisfied 'whites' sufficient to even make them begin to think of the problem of racism. I don't think parades will do it. Blacks, as you call them, the majority of them, publically express who they are by the colour of their skin. Bigotry is here to stay. There was bigotry against the various waves of immigrants, the Irish, the Germans, the Jews, the Polacks, the Italians, the Bohunks, the Ukes, the Swedes in Minnesota. Now shifted in the US to the Hispanics. That against the African Americans continues throughout these various others. Education and example is the answer. Parades speak to the sympathisers only.

1. You haven't answered my vitriolic question about my vitriolic post.

Ya, it was vitriolic and derogatory. I thought that this was implied obviously enough in my response that I didn't need to bother outright saying it. I apologize for overestimating your basic comprehension skills. That was my mistake.

Your position appears to be based off of an ick response. You and mojorising can get together and bitch about how they're not staying in the closet and rubbing their gross homosexuality in your faces all you want, but the gays are going to continue to be happy about taking the opportunity to tell the world that there's nothing about them which they need to be ashamed of or hide.

Back
Top Bottom