• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Minnesota has a new flag

It's possible you haven't spent much time in Eastern Oregon.
Absolutely true. I've visited near every state east of The Rockies, but never the west coast.
Tom
Pity, you should come visit us!

One thing the three West coast states have in common is a wicked rainshadow effect east of the mountains. There are plenty of regions where wildfires and perpetual drought abound, just a few dozen miles away from verdant rainforest.

I think it should have some blue, but that may be too many colors.
Yeah.
The yellow implies sunshine, blue would imply water. I definitely associate Oregon with water, not Sun. ;)
Tom
It's possible you haven't spent much time in Eastern Oregon. The flag strongly resembles a precipitation map of the state:

View attachment 44986
I think the colors are meant to represent the green of the coastal rainforest on the western side of the Cascade Mountains and the wheat fields and rangeland on the eastern side.

It's a great design.

I think it should have some blue, but that may be too many colors.
Yeah.
The yellow implies sunshine, blue would imply water. I definitely associate Oregon with water, not Sun. ;)
Tom
It's possible you haven't spent much time in Eastern Oregon. The flag strongly resembles a precipitation map of the state:

View attachment 44986
I think the colors are meant to represent the green of the coastal rainforest on the western side of the Cascade Mountains and the wheat fields and rangeland on the eastern side.

It's a great design.
Yeah, I like it, too. The triangles represent both trees and mountains. Seems perfect for Oregon.

Georgia's flag looks like it has Cartman (South Park) encircled by a constellation of stars.

Georgia's flag looks like it has Cartman (South Park) encircled by a constellation of stars.
You see Cartman? Really?

The "Cartman" is really the Georgia seal.

891-004-1A660847.jpg

It's a natural association my mind often makes, something that's beyond my conscious control.

Untitled.pngEricCartman.png

Passing through Georgia on the way to South Carolina. There's this rest stop, I believe in St. Mary, on I-95, where I get to see Cartman waving at me.

When you see the flag flying on a flagpole the details of the seal are lost.
Sure. That's why I posted a high res version of the seal.
The general shape is Cartman-like.
I still don't see it. Maybe I need an edible.
Passing through Georgia on the way to South Carolina. There's this rest stop, I believe in St. Mary, on I-95, where I get to see Cartman waving at me.
You should not drive stoned through Georgia. Weed is still illegal here.

To their credit, it's substantially better than a confederate flag with a cookie.

When you see the flag flying on a flagpole the details of the seal are lost.
Sure. That's why I posted a high res version of the seal.
The general shape is Cartman-like.
I still don't see it. Maybe I need an edible.
You should not drive stoned through Georgia. Weed is still illegal here.
I don't see it, either. Both are approximately round but that's as far as it goes for me.

It doesn't belong on a flag, though--flags should not have fine detail because they are going to be seen from a distance and likely not flat.

Back
Top Bottom