• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Minnesota has a new flag

States with flags prominently displaying an X design should consider updating their flags. My state flag looks like the confederal flag with a cookie in the center.
I had to google, but yeah. I see what you mean.

Is the brownish woman supposed to be throwing flowers to welcome the white folks aboard the steamship?
Tom
So that's where the Land O' Lakes butter Indian lady went. I always wondered what happened to her.

Looks like a swim suit design for old guys. I thought the new flag would show Bob Dylan eating a Juicy Lucy. But that, again, would be too much art in a small area.
It would also definitely be NSFW. Also possibly NSFL depending on what era Bob Dylan we are talking about and how old/hot this Lucy chick is ...

Are conservatives truly stupid enough to believe this crap, or just trolling?
Dunno. You'd have to ask a conservative.

Like, you really think they looked up an obscure regional Somalian flag for inspiration as part of some sort of bizarre Islamist plot?
As to me, I was being partially tongue in cheek because the OP quoted an "ex" by Ilhan Omar.
That said, I do not think it is that unlikely that this Prekker guy used a flag of a Somali state as inspiration. Especially given how many Somalis there are in Minnesota, he probably saw it "in the wild" somewhere.

They could at least consider modifying the flag's colors to blue and white, should they wish to preserve their historical roots while distancing themselves from Confederate associations. However, this assumes that their current values align more with being Scottish than of being Confederates.;)

Are conservatives truly stupid enough to believe this crap, or just trolling?
Dunno. You'd have to ask a conservative.

Like, you really think they looked up an obscure regional Somalian flag for inspiration as part of some sort of bizarre Islamist plot?
As to me, I was being partially tongue in cheek because the OP quoted an "ex" by Ilhan Omar.
Actually they are called "xhits".
That said, I do not think it is that unlikely that this Prekker guy used a flag of a Somali state as inspiration. Especially given how many Somalis there are in Minnesota, he probably saw it "in the wild" somewhere.
What... a Somalia Flag camping on the North Shore with it's family of flags?

Looks like a swim suit design for old guys. I thought the new flag would show Bob Dylan eating a Juicy Lucy. But that, again, would be too much art in a small area.
It would also definitely be NSFW. Also possibly NSFL depending on what era Bob Dylan we are talking about and how old/hot this Lucy chick is ...
Obviously you don’t know what a juicy Lucy is.

I think it should have some blue, but that may be too many colors.
Yeah.
The yellow implies sunshine, blue would imply water. I definitely associate Oregon with water, not Sun. ;)
Tom
It's possible you haven't spent much time in Eastern Oregon. The flag strongly resembles a precipitation map of the state:

Annual PRecipation.jpg

Back
Top Bottom