• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

MLB 2017 Season

And then Cleveland hits a grand-slam in the latest episode of home-run league baseball.

Watching the Astros is like watching batting practice.

Cubs-Nats game:

Washington hits a 1 run home-run
Cubs respond with a 1 run home-run

Cubs hit a 2 run home-run
Washington responds with a 2 run home-run

Other than that not much has happened. Why even bother watching?

if you go to a game, you can be on the telly.

eyesontheball.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Kershaw is so wobbly in the playoffs. Four home runs.

Dodgers need to find a way to skip the 7th inning.

What's hilarious about this image is the guy with his arm around his girl while he's obviously checking out the impressive rack in front of him.

Yeah, I was being too subtle, but that was the point. I bet at least one of their friends has shown them this by now.

And in other news, Boston :( and NY :D each live on to play another day!

Gotta hand it to NY, didn't think they had a chance, though they should still should lose against Kluber tomorrow. Indians with their pitching are still the scariest team out there to me.

I'm a Dodgers fan but didn't think they would beat AZ, thought they had our number, fucking hate that mfer Goldshmidt. Impressed with Darvish today, I thought he was overrated since they got him but that was an excellent performance. I still have no faith they will advance to WS, I've seen this picture too many times. Cubs and Nats are pretty evenly matched, but I think I'd rather face the Nats, mostly hope it goes five.

Oh and this was a little disturbing. I was dreading a sprained wrist.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNdFnIcfmPU[/YOUTUBE]

A little help, skip?

Gotta hand it to NY, didn't think they had a chance, though they should still should lose against Kluber tomorrow.
We'll see! I was reminded that they came back from being down 2-0 in the ALDS against Oakland in 2001 and advanced all the way to the WS where they lost to the stupid D-Backs. The bats are starting to heat up and this couldn't be a better time.

Gotta hand it to NY, didn't think they had a chance, though they should still should lose against Kluber tomorrow.
We'll see! I was reminded that they came back from being down 2-0 in the ALDS against Oakland in 2001 and advanced all the way to the WS where they lost to the stupid D-Backs. The bats are starting to heat up and this couldn't be a better time.

Agreed, New York seems to be outperforming their expectations, which speaks a lot to their management, both in building the team, and probably day to day stuff too.

I'm a Dodgers fan but didn't think they would beat AZ, thought they had our number, fucking hate that mfer Goldshmidt. Impressed with Darvish today, I thought he was overrated since they got him but that was an excellent performance. I still have no faith they will advance to WS, I've seen this picture too many times. Cubs and Nats are pretty evenly matched, but I think I'd rather face the Nats, mostly hope it goes five.

I didn't expect to sweep the D'Backs and thought they would win last night's game. But the Dodgers are so patient at the plate and Roberts managed the bullpen brilliantly. A couple of exceptional plays made the difference in this very tight game. Greinke struggled and the Dodgers were patient at the plate and forced his pitch count up. Puig took 10 pitches at one at bat, wow. Archie did well when he came in. It was a nerve jangling finish though.

Yeah, for years never would have thought Puig and 'patience' would be mentioned together. Dodgers also benefited from Greinke having to pitch the WC game. That summer winning spree with getting top seed paid off, hoping home field does too.

Jimmy, hate to break it to ya if you didn't know, but Bauer is a bit of a Trumpy snowflake.

Trevor Bauer Had A Rough Start And Then Went On A Twitter Blocking Spree

Jonathan @JonathanSacks
Trevor Bauer just blocked me. Which is interesting because the game is still going on... pic.twitter.com/WP1wSUyfG5
7:32 PM - Oct 9, 2017

Please don't remind me some of these guys are Trump supporters, it's already hard enough ignoring the usual crowds at sporting events. At least the athletes usually have to pretend to be normal while competing.

Social media ruins everything.

Strasburg is pitching a helluva game, he should be sick everyday. No shutdown this time.

eta. Michael Taylor just came up big with to put the game on ice, in any other year.

Agreed, New York seems to be outperforming their expectations, which speaks a lot to their management, both in building the team, and probably day to day stuff too.

Well, I'm still hopeful going forward, but I'm not so deluded as to think Houston will be an easy matchup. So, fingers crossed that they at least put up a good fight. Whatever happens, it's probably going to be a good WS this year!

Well... I guess you go into the playoffs with the Franchise you have. RIP Cleveland Indians 2017.

Well... I guess you go into the playoffs with the Franchise you have. RIP Cleveland Indians 2017.

They are still the best in the NL. Their best pitcher just had 2 of his worst games of the year. Bad luck. Even though the won his first start, they had to use both Tomlin and Clevinger to do it, which forced them to start Bauer on short rest in game 4.

Although not really the source of Cleveland's loss, an issue I don't like is that the playoffs are structured to negate the differences between teams, making chance a bigger factor. There should be no day offs during a series (just as there typically none for weeks at a time during the season). Days off negate momentum for the team with the lead and negates having a deeper starting rotation.

The Cubs experienced that last night, where their #4 guy is better, but the scheduled day off meant that the extra day day off due to rain gave Strasburg a full 4 days rest.

The Indians gave up a total of 21 runs, only 14 were earned. The Indians committed 10 errors in 5 games.

In Game 4, the 4 runs for the Yankees were all unearned and because of a fielding error by the third baseman. Fielding lost that series.

Back
Top Bottom