• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

MLB 2023

Clase officially went down with the loss, however, when you only get three hits, not likely winning the game. Detroit's pitching overwhelmed the Guardians. Best of three now. Hopefully the jet lag isn't too bad flying up to Detroit.

Game 3 today. Both for the Yankees/Royals and Tigers/Guardians, both series are tied at 1. Meanwhile in the NL, the Dodgers are doing their typical annual "We have somewhere else we'd rather be" act.

One thing Cricket has that Baseball doesn't, no balls and strikes. You either score, protect your wicket, or your are out (or some combination). Some level of achievement. All balls matter. Baseball, not so much.

In other news (not news) Aaron Judge, so far, is doing his usual post-season el-floperoo. Maybe that will change tonight. Having been born in Detroit but living in NYC, I have three teams to root for. :)

I was pleasantly surprised that the Dodgers absolutely hammered the Padres 8-0. The Dodgers have a weak bullpen and used eight relievers to get the win. This sets up game five at Dodger stadium on Friday evening. I think this game will be too much for the Dodger bullpen and will be the end of the season for LA.

I was pleasantly surprised that the Dodgers absolutely hammered the Padres 8-0. The Dodgers have a weak bullpen and used eight relievers to get the win. This sets up game five at Dodger stadium on Friday evening. I think this game will be too much for the Dodger bullpen and will be the end of the season for LA.
Not going into predictions, but Dodgers find a way more often than not.

Again, pleasantly surprised that the Dodgers bullpen finished as strong as they did. A pitchers duel through the fifth as Darvish and Yamamoto duked it out. Darvish was on form but gave up two solo home runs and was badly let down by the subdued batting line up. The Dodgers could go all the way.

Kike Hernandez now has 14 postseason home runs and 1 nutcracker.

Subway series started in the NL and the Brooklyn Dodgers blanked the Mets. This series is quite unfortunate for most of America. Only thing worse would be the Yankees v Dodgers in the World Series, which could only be redeemed by Ohtani hitting for the cycle and a perfect game on the mound.

Meanwhile, the Yankees meet the Guardians for the first time in the playoffs since way back in 2022. Generally the Yankees play in prime time, but it is NE Ohio in mid-October and it can be anywhere from 30 to 85 degrees. Game 3 is scheduled for the afternoon with a high in the upper 50s. Game 4, 8 PM, but it'll be warmer than at 8 PM the previous day and make it to the upper 50s. Wind is coming from the south, so it shouldn't be too bad.

The Guardians collapsed at the end of the game... and then went on to win. Huge for the series. Guardians are boxing well above their weight.

Dodgers are killing it. Ohtani and Betts have been outstanding. Mets have been pretty disappointing actually.

Back
Top Bottom