• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

MLB 2023

Saw Ohtani is on pace for potentially fastest ever 40-40, one of the most exclusive clubs in professional baseball. Currently has 39 SBs and 38 HRs. Only five have achieved this and no one has completed the task in August.

He'd be joining the likes of John Kruk, Mo Vaughn, and Johnny Bench.

...I might need to get a better fact checker.

Are you sure about Ohtani? Last tear Acuna became the founding member of the 40/70 club.

I just don’t get it with this new rule that when a game goes into extra innings, the innings start with a runner automatically at second base. WTAF? :unsure: Haven’t watched much baseball this year so just learned about that.
I like it. It speeds up the game. Super disappointed by my Ms. They’ve folded like a cheap suade suit.

All the top team have been going through slumps.

Ohtani gets to 40-40 in style,

If he goes on at his season rate, he would make 50-50 by game 160.

Joel Youngblood, please hold my beer. The funny thing about the article is that it is from August 4, 2024... and has a sub byline of "It never happened before and will likely never happen again", and it is happening again... on steroids!... within a month of the article's publication.

Ohtani stands at 46 HRs / 47 SBs. 50 / 50 club is a very real possibility. MVP? In the AL probably second or third. In the NL, I'd say there isn't anyone else close to him.

Ohtani came into today's game at 48-49, and has had a MONSTER game. He's now at 51-51. He's gone 6 for 6 with 10 RBIs and the game's not over yet.

Edit: the top of the 9th ended, so it is over for Ohtani at least.

Last edited:
A blowout win for the Dodgers and Ohtani was outstanding but Miami sucked. Ohtani was chasing the cycle at one point. What a player he is. He has a few mementos now too, he got the actual base where he got number 50 and the ball for the fiftieth home run. A fan almost snagged it but missed. I'm not sure what happens when a fan catches a significant home run ball.

This must have been one of the single greatest games a player ever had, maybe even the greatest. Not only did he have three homers and two stolen bases, he drove in 10 (!) runs and went 6-6 (!) How many players in major league history have driven in 10 runs in a single game or went 6 for 6, let alone both at the same time? Very few have done either and perhaps none has done both in the same game.

Guardians closer, Emmanuel Clase has been a dream to watch. The Guardians bullpen is excellent and Clase has been incredible this year. A 0.61 ERA over 73 games. I'm glad we have him locked up through 2028. Then he'll likely be drawn to a big money team. He could always take less money like Jose Ramirez did to stay in a Guardians uniform but it's not likely. I don't think that happens very often, not at this level.

Guardians slumped and are not slumping anymore. My family could be at war soon with the Phillies v Guardians in the World Series. A long way to go, but thankfully the Guardians won't be playing any BS mini-series.
This must have been one of the single greatest games a player ever had, maybe even the greatest. Not only did he have three homers and two stolen bases, he drove in 10 (!) runs and went 6-6 (!) How many players in major league history have driven in 10 runs in a single game or went 6 for 6, let alone both at the same time? Very few have done either and perhaps none has done both in the same game.
It was a game an Ohtani video game player would be expected to have. It is something to have half the RBIs of the team's total runs... and for the team to have scored 20 runs.

Curious as to the pressure he'll be under for the playoffs. LA Dodgers are notorious for bailing out of the playoffs. Is Ohtani going to be the difference maker?

Back
Top Bottom