• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Morality in Bible stories that you don't understand

The Tree of Life kind of seems like an after the fact thing. It is awkwardly introduced well past the last second. Almost like a seven year old wrote the story.
Actually the Tree of Life is mentioned in Genesis 2:9 just after it talks about the creation of Adam.

About God wanting to be worshipped forever and ever - I posted an image like this on Christian Forums and got in big trouble for mocking God....
07_image-34.jpg
I was a mocker of God once. I used to visit the old David Icke forum religious section.. small world, you bringing him up lol.
(And now... I could mock (lightly) the mockers ;))
The best mocking is only possible by knowing about the subject. So please, don't compare yourself with people that have studied the Tanakh seriously with you when you didn't give a darn about it.
Pretty much highlights a lot of the atheists and agnostics back then on that forum - not knowing the subject very well; not giving a damn.
I've studied the Tanakh and religion more as an atheist than most theists.
I'm sure you have. "I would assume then by this notion, theists would have difficulty responding to your posts, and "refusing" to even debate with you".
Seriously, you play the 'I was dumb like you' card and that is your response. I have no problem with theists believing whatever, but don't come around here with your 'I was dumb like you' shit.

About God wanting to be worshipped forever and ever - I posted an image like this on Christian Forums and got in big trouble for mocking God....
07_image-34.jpg
I was a mocker of God once. I used to visit the old David Icke forum religious section.. small world, you bringing him up lol.
(And now... I could mock (lightly) the mockers ;))
The best mocking is only possible by knowing about the subject. So please, don't compare yourself with people that have studied the Tanakh seriously with you when you didn't give a darn about it.
Pretty much highlights a lot of the atheists and agnostics back then on that forum - not knowing the subject very well; not giving a damn.
I've studied the Tanakh and religion more as an atheist than most theists.
I'm sure you have. "I would assume then by this notion, theists would have difficulty responding to your posts, and "refusing" to even debate with you".
Seriously, you play the 'I was dumb like you' card and that is your response.
The "playing the card" nonsense doesn't have any intended advantage for me, as you think you see it. It sounds like you're wishfully asserting from an emotional place.
I have no problem with theists believing whatever, but don't come around here with your 'I was dumb like you' shit.
If that's what you think I'm doing, then make the complaint to the staff members.

800 years per generation x 7 generations....

But the next generation is said to be after about 65 - 200 years.... not when they die at about 800-900 years....
Are you trying to figure out 70 generations acording to Enoch??
I don't really believe in prophecies in the Bible or the book of Enoch.
Neither do I...But some people do...You seemed to be counting generations and that's why I asked...:shrug:

Neither do I...But some people do...You seemed to be counting generations and that's why I asked...:shrug:
I was quoting what was in your video - I was correcting the issue in their reasoning....
View attachment 43429
Profile photo for Ordm.Peter McCallister
Ordm.Peter McCallister
Ordained minister & Student of Biblical & Apocryphal textsAuthor has 234 answers and 173K answer viewsUpdated 1y
I have researched this extensively to arrive at a time for the return of the watchers, it is written in the book of Enoch that they shall be imprisoned for 70 generations, I've found that a generation '’’’IN’’”—The book of Enoch represents 70 years, (This factual information***a 70 year generation***was taken from where the information on the punishment passed was scribed, The book of Enoch) So 70 generations time's 70 years equals 4,900 years, from my research from the book of Enoch this means that the watchers were already released in approximately 1890, which in my mind no coincidence, ( The begining of the Industrial Revolution ) The birth of “ Techno-Wizardry” and all the Technology it produced and still is, We as humans went from horse and carriage to walking on the moon within 100 years??? And most all of this technology revolves around Warfare and arrogance ( The Military Industrial Complex) and the advancement of mankind before were ready for it, as to hurt ourselves, because this is there agenda, liken it to giving a 5 year old a handgun to play with, ( ex: our experiments with CERN and nuclear fission) I hope that answers your question friend.

Is this guy correct? :ROFLMAO:

Creationist believe the weirdest stuff...I'm just glad you don't believe that anymore...

Last edited:

Ordm.Peter McCallister
Ordained minister & Student of Biblical & Apocryphal texts
I don't really have any interest in the apocrypha.
(This factual information***a 70 year generation***was taken from where the information on the punishment passed was scribed, The book of Enoch) So 70 generations time's 70 years equals 4,900 years
70 years per generation might be normal in early Genesis, but not later...
e.g. in Luke's genealogies the average generation is 22-26 years.

Ordm.Peter McCallister
Ordained minister & Student of Biblical & Apocryphal texts
I don't really have any interest in the apocrypha.
(This factual information***a 70 year generation***was taken from where the information on the punishment passed was scribed, The book of Enoch) So 70 generations time's 70 years equals 4,900 years
For those interested....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogy_of_Jesus

from my research from the book of Enoch this means that the watchers were already released in approximately 1890, which in my mind no coincidence, ( The begining of the Industrial Revolution )
Is this guy correct? Well, according to Wikipedia, his date for the beginning of the Industrial Revolution is off by 130 years. He's even missed the end of it by fifty years. That's not a reassuring sign.

The Industrial Revolution was a period of global transition of human economy towards more efficient and stable manufacturing processes that succeeded the Agricultural Revolution, starting from Great Britain, continental Europe, and the United States, that occurred during the period from around 1760 to about 1820–1840.

Source

For those interested....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogy_of_Jesus
The gospel genealogies thread link I mentioned would be good place for this discussion. Also there are 4 major issues with the genealogies - but most places just focus on the conflicting fathers of Joseph. (and can claim one is talking about Mary's father) - and some talk about the conflicting son of King David - but the other two major problems are the father of Shealtiel and the son of Zerubbabel.

Last edited:
from my research from the book of Enoch this means that the watchers were already released in approximately 1890, which in my mind no coincidence, ( The begining of the Industrial Revolution )
Is this guy correct? Well, according to Wikipedia, his date for the beginning of the Industrial Revolution is off by 130 years. He's even missed the end of it by fifty years. That's not a reassuring sign.

The Industrial Revolution was a period of global transition of human economy towards more efficient and stable manufacturing processes that succeeded the Agricultural Revolution, starting from Great Britain, continental Europe, and the United States, that occurred during the period from around 1760 to about 1820–1840.

Source
The Encyclopedia Britannica

https://www.britannica.com/event/Industrial-Revolution

Exodus 21:20–21:
20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property..."

Really??

20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property..."

Really??
( I covered this somewhere before)

Really, yes, but not quite in it's entirety - you are implying a different picture without the verses below:

Exodus 21:22-27

22 “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows.

23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life,

24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

26 “An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.

27 And an owner who knocks out the tooth of a male or female slave must let the slave go free to compensate for the tooth.

Really??
( I covered this somewhere before)

Really, yes, but not quite in it's entirety - you are implying a different picture without the verses below:

Exodus 21:22-27
The earlier verses say that the owner of the slave is not to be punished.... verses 22-25 don't seem to be about slaves. Verses 26-27 just talk about letting the slave go free and it only talks about for the slave losing an eye or a tooth. If you kill your slave quickly then it just says you would be "punished" but probably not the regular punishment for murder which is death.

Back
Top Bottom