• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mrs. Trump's missing headscarf

Yes, head covering and modest dress is the custom for meeting the Pope at the Vatican.
Not necessarily on head coverings.
ALE_0878.jpg

Although dressing in black does seem to be customary.

And that may be the differences in the various photos Derec posted - what was the context for each. If those photos were taken in connection with meeting religious leaders, that is often a different protocol than meeting political leaders, regardless what is the general custom in the country
Possibly for some. But that photo of the Clintons grinning it up with Arafat does not qualify. He was definitely not a "religious leader".

Yes head gear and skirts or dresses only at the Vatican.
No shit? I remember the RC days when women had to cover their heads inside a church but thought that stupidity had been overturned by Vatican II. So inside Vatican City the women are still required to cover in shame?

Must be a drag sometimes having a vagina.

Okay, so I checked what seemed to be couple official sites and didn't see any of this, nothing about women having to cover their heads or wear dresses.

Can you please provide a link as I can find no confirmation of this requirement?

I bet it's even more of a drag having one all of the time :D

- - - Updated - - -

Although dressing in black does seem to be customary.

Like for a funeral?

Of sanity, perhaps? :)

Widow.jpg

Trump has never had an issue taking other people's money.

But is he going to wear it with a sweat suit? Or melt it down? Is that legal? At my company you cannot accept expensive gifts from vendors and other companies we have deals with.

check your policy. I am sure there is exception for gifts under $50 dollars or so, and for any gift from an existing vendor that is given to all of their customers.
the real sticky part is accepting gifts from vendors that are NOT already in business with you... THAT can look pretty bad.

check your policy. I am sure there is exception for gifts under $50 dollars or so,
Don't be too sure.
My company has zero tolerance, exactly because we wish to avoid even the appearance of a hint of a question of impropriety.
Easier all around to say no from the get go.

No shit? I remember the RC days when women had to cover their heads inside a church but thought that stupidity had been overturned by Vatican II. So inside Vatican City the women are still required to cover in shame?

Must be a drag sometimes having a vagina.

Okay, so I checked what seemed to be couple official sites and didn't see any of this, nothing about women having to cover their heads or wear dresses.

Can you please provide a link as I can find no confirmation of this requirement?

When I was a kid, I figured having a penis would be a real pain, that thing dangling between your legs, getting in your way when you tried to run.

Then, when I was older, I got a better perspective on the relative size of a penis and figured it would hardly be noticeable at all, for most guys.

When I was a kid, I figured having a penis would be a real pain, that thing dangling between your legs, getting in your way when you tried to run.

Then, when I was older, I got a better perspective on the relative size of a penis and figured it would hardly be noticeable at all, for most guys.

Yes, I expect most guys don't have the kinds of issues I have come to take for granted.

Completely irrelevant for running. Balls, though, are another matter--I do not like moving quickly if I'm not wearing something that supports them. There's the low risk of them getting pinched between the legs and that is painful.

Regardless of its size, it's the centre of the male brain, controlling thought, intellect and reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom