• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

It's honestly ridiculous to me that he's been a pawn of a foreign government all this time and never said anything, when he can't even stop himself from casually alluding to incest with his daughter.
I agree. It seems unlikely. This is the idiot that stated at a press conference with the Israeli PM, that he 'didn't say it was Israel' when speaking with the Russians about ISIS intel. He fucking leaked the identity of uber secret Israeli intel while trying to insist he didn't.

A man that stupid shouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut about being compromised.

Of course, being a sociopathic narcissist, he is likely able to quickly convince himself that he isn't compromised most of the time... just like he convinced himself that he wanted to be President after learning he actually won the election.

It's honestly ridiculous to me that he's been a pawn of a foreign government all this time and never said anything, when he can't even stop himself from casually alluding to incest with his daughter.
I agree. It seems unlikely. This is the idiot that stated at a press conference with the Israeli PM, that he 'didn't say it was Israel' when speaking with the Russians about ISIS intel. He fucking leaked the identity of uber secret Israeli intel while trying to insist he didn't.

A man that stupid shouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut about being compromised.

Of course, being a sociopathic narcissist, he is likely able to quickly convince himself that he isn't compromised most of the time... just like he convinced himself that he wanted to be President after learning he actually won the election.
As I have noted several times now. One doesn't have to be an agent for a foreign power to be a tool (knowingly or otherwise) to that foreign power.

So the claim is that, per Mueller-team investigators, the Mueller report is far more damning that Barr has announced. I do believe that we are in a full-fledged constitutional crisis.

So, we've been waiting two years for the actual results of the investigation, as opposed to the opinions of unconnected commenters, NOW we're waiting for the actual results of the investigation as opposed to the opinions of CONNECTED commenters...?

Isn't that the meaning of the phrase 'useful idiot'?

Or stooge. Puppet.

Intern.

...Ensign.
Red Uniform Ensign?

- - - Updated - - -

So the claim is that, per Mueller-team investigators, the Mueller report is far more damning that Barr has announced. I do believe that we are in a full-fledged constitutional crisis.
I honestly thought that much was apparent based on the footnote Barr put in his commentary. Whenever someone reports on a report and sets the target as small as possible with the review, you usually can confirm that they are hiding something.

So, we've been waiting two years for the actual results of the investigation, as opposed to the opinions of unconnected commenters, NOW we're waiting for the actual results of the investigation as opposed to the opinions of CONNECTED commenters...?

This will never end. The final report will be released, but redacted, and the long-form non-redacted version will become a point of contention forever and ever.

This will never end. The final report will be released, but redacted, and the long-form non-redacted version will become a point of contention forever and ever.
Did Mueller not write an Executive Summary?!

Meuller's team wrote multiple summaries and provided them to Barr. Barr wrote his own summary, and allegedly omitted anything damaging that was contained in the report / summaries. According to that article, those members of the team were "disappointed" at the misrepresentation Barr provided. That, in itself, is a form of illegal collusion to defraud the US government, knowingly misrepresenting findings that are intended for use by Congress in consideration of legal action.

Meuller's team wrote multiple summaries and provided them to Barr. Barr wrote his own summary, and allegedly omitted anything damaging that was contained in the report / summaries. According to that article, those members of the team were "disappointed" at the misrepresentation Barr provided. That, in itself, is a form of illegal collusion to defraud the US government, knowingly misrepresenting findings that are intended for use by Congress in consideration of legal action.
Actually Barr just reported that his report on the report wasn't collusion to defraud the US Government, so it is okay.

When has any Trump administration official felt that dishonesty could backfire on him/her? These folks don't calculate the odds the way you do.

Actually Barr just reported that his report on the report wasn't collusion to defraud the US Government, so it is okay.

His entire career has been about obstruction and protection of corrupt powers. What are the chances he or anyone else involved in such activities will be held accountable?

His entire career has been about obstruction and protection of corrupt powers. What are the chances he or anyone else involved in such activities will be held accountable?

That's the point I've been trying to make about the FBI itself, as well as the entire law enforcement and justice system in this country, which you responded to when I posted the Charlie Brown metaphor. It's always been like this. American institutions that were set up to protect the ruling elite can't be relied upon to prosecute them. They represent the same power that is being investigated for evidence of misuse.

That's the point I've been trying to make about the FBI itself, as well as the entire law enforcement and justice system in this country, which you responded to when I posted the Charlie Brown metaphor. It's always been like this. American institutions that were set up to protect the ruling elite can't be relied upon to prosecute them. They represent the same power that is being investigated for evidence of misuse.

Then I misunderstood your use of the cartoon. It should more accurately have said "American people" rather than "liberals," which comes off as an appeal to cowardly, sycophantic cynics who take a jab at anyone except those who abuse power.

I really do think hoping the full report will be the Deus Ex Mueller people are hoping it will be, is a path to a let down.

If Barr was dishonest in the summary, that is very bad for him. Think about it.

A person working in our government being caught lying? I suppose some time in the past that happened too, you will tell us... so we shouldn't be talking about this like it was a bad thing or anything like that.. or maybe you mean we should think about it in terms of it being impossible that he was dishonest.. because it would be very bad for him...

Then I misunderstood your use of the cartoon. It should more accurately have said "American people" rather than "liberals," which comes off as an appeal to cowardly, sycophantic cynics who take a jab at anyone except those who abuse power.

No, it was accurate as written. Only liberals placed their hopes and dreams in the Mueller probe. The right thought it was a witch hunt and the left thought it was a distraction from the deeper problems that led to Trump.

No, it was accurate as written. Only liberals placed their hopes and dreams in the Mueller probe. The right thought it was a witch hunt and the left thought it was a distraction from the deeper problems that led to Trump.

I guess I don't see the same definitions of "right," "left," and "liberal."

Back
Top Bottom