• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

I doubt it. The Mueller Report indicates Trump abused his power as President, that the Trump Admin and Campaign lied a lot about Russia related things, but ultimately, proving it in court would be very hard. Mueller notes that Congress has the ability to deal with the unethical actions Trump and his Administration were involved in. And if nothing else, we have the best quote from Trump ever: "This is the end of my Presidency. I'm fucked."

Meanwhile:

CNN said:
The special counsel examined whether President Trump learned during the presidential campaign of the rumored existence of compromising tapes made of him years earlier when he visited Moscow.

According to a footnote in the special counsel’s report, in October 2016, prior to the election, former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen received a text from Russian businessman, Giorgi Rtskhiladze, that said: "Stopped flow of tapes from Russia but not sure if there's anything else. Just so you know..."

Rtskhiladze told the special counsel that "tapes" referred to “compromising tapes of Trump rumored to be held by persons associated with the Russian real estate conglomerate Crocus Group,” which had helped host the 2013 Miss Universe Pageant, according to the report. Cohen told the special counsel that he spoke to Trump about the issue after receiving Rtskhiladze’s text.

Rtskhiladze, however, told prosecutors that he was told the tapes were fake, but that he didn’t convey that to Cohen.
So the question is, what did Trump say to Cohen when he brought this up?

CNN said:
Security contractor Erik Prince, who is the brother of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, helped finance an effort to obtain Hillary Clinton's deleted emails in 2016.

This effort was led by Barbara Ledeen, a onetime GOP Hill staffer and associate of President Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

Flynn reached out to Ledeen after Trump privately and repeatedly asked him and other campaign officials to obtain the deleted emails from Clinton’s private server, according to the report.
Umm... yeah...

The assholes released it non-text-searchable. That's obstruction in itself.

You also cannot copy and paste, although you can take screen shots of it. The next step is for someone to use OCR (optical character recognition) on the text images to convert the document into text that can be scanned and copied. I don't have that software handy or the time to do it, but there are free programs available: For example, see: The 7 Best Free OCR Software Tools to Convert Images Into Text

Yeah, there are ways to convert it obviously. It was petty, delaying obstruction just to be a dick.

ROZitU1.jpg

Piss tape is real, guys! :D

Rtskhiladze
First half of that surname is the alphabet having a stroke

I noticed that, too. Never trust anyone whose name has five consonants in a row.

- - - Updated - - -

Rtskhiladze

I noticed that, too. Never trust anyone whose name has five consonants in a row.

It would be funny if it turned out to have only one syllable, like "shadz" or something. :D

Trump tried to obstruct justice, but because justice wasn't obstructed due to others, it'd be harder to present a case. Yeah, "total exoneration" there bub.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, total exoneration sounds kind of damning.

Putting the ball in Congress' court is literally equivalent to doing and recommending nothing, though
The Mueller report indicated that the President abused his authority.
Which, without prompting any action or consequence without the approval of Congress, means literally nothing

EDIT: Let me put it this way, do you think when Pelosi declared impeachment was off the table she was somehow unaware that the President abused his authority? He's been doing that since day one, in broad daylight

No. I think Pelosi was calculating the Mueller report would be ambiguous as to the question of whether Trump obstructed justice, and such ambiguity would result in political immolation to impeach Trump for obstruction.

The Mueller report is ambiguous in regards to the question of obstruction, essentially concluding maybe Trump did, maybe Trump didn’t obstruct justice. Mueller reports he had evidence which was incriminating and pointed towards innocence. Compounding the conflicting evidence is the issue of where is the line drawn between Trump’s legitimate constitutional authority to provide direction to executive agencies that ultimately answer to him, and obstruction.

Pelosi played this right, she acted cautiously, understanding if the Mueller report was not clear about Trump obstructing justice, then they would be foolish to impeach, so take impeachment off the statute table. I think she surveyed the evidence known at the time and realized, it was opaque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I think we can all agree that we haven’t seen complete and total exoneration on this scale since OJ Simpson.

- - - Updated - - -

Rtskhiladze

It would be funny if it turned out to have only one syllable, like "shadz" or something. :D

A sailor on my first boat was named Zwyrt. We pronounced it 'zurt.' But he told officers "it's pronounced 'Smith,' sir. Everything's silent."

Rtskhiladze
It's reads as "R-ts-hee-lad-ze", Georgian surname, not russian.

Don't be so defensive. Russian has some pretty awful consonant clusters, thanks to the fall of the yers. (You probably don't know what that is, but it is the major historical event that totally transformed Slavic languages. Here is a link:  Yer). Georgian, of course, has its own issues with consonant clusters.

It's reads as "R-ts-hee-lad-ze", Georgian surname, not russian.

Don't be so defensive. Russian has some pretty awful consonant clusters, thanks to the fall of the yers. (You probably don't know what that is, but it is the major historical event that totally transformed Slavic languages. Here is a link:  Yer). Georgian, of course, has its own issues with consonant clusters.
You are trying to give a russian lesson to a russian again. Modern russian is as much as old one as english is german.
And I am not defensive, just pointing out that disproportional number of russians in Mueller report are not russians but shady people from former soviet republics like Georgia, Azerbeidzjan, etc.

Back
Top Bottom