• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

After that, I went on to take a couple of tourist photos of the harbors in Yalta and Odessa. Under Soviet law, taking those pictures was forbidden, even though one could buy postcards with the same views.

Not surprising--they know the images on the postcards don't show anything they don't want shown, your snaps would be at a different time and might show a ship they didn't want to show.

But[ent]hellip[/ent] but[ent]hellip[/ent] attorney-client privilege!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge...nd-cohen-over-fbi-raid-youve-miscited-the-law

In order to conduct that raid, investigators had to convince a judge that the raid was necessary despite attorney-client privilege. Raids on attorneys are rare for precisely this reason, but obviously the Mueller investigation was able to show a judge that this was needed despite the privilege because of the peculiarities of the case, or else the warrant would never have been issued.

- - - Updated - - -

Fake new! Trump would never fire Mueller because he has nothing to hide! [/conservolibertarian]

I am starting to think that Trump may be taken down not because of anything the Russia investigation turns up, but because he will interfere illegally to stop the Russia investigation. They may have started as a witch hunt, and ended with the suspected non-witch torching the village.

I am starting to think that Trump may be taken down not because of anything the Russia investigation turns up, but because he will interfere illegally to stop the Russia investigation. They may have started as a witch hunt, and ended with the suspected non-witch torching the village.

Hence the term "The cover-up is worse than the crime."

Come on...it didn't start as a witch hunt. There is no "may have started as a witch hunt." Trump knows what his guys did he knows his son sent that email and did that meeting. He is willing to fire people and start wars and be part of "torching the village," but don't put any blame at all, even partial blame, even partial, theoretical blame on Mueller or Comey. The fault lies at the feet of his campaign members. Some of them wanted to meet with Russians. Some of them actually met with Russians. Some of them worked for Russians off-the-books. That much is established and it seems there may be a lot more.

I am starting to think that Trump may be taken down not because of anything the Russia investigation turns up, but because he will interfere illegally to stop the Russia investigation.
Well, I disagree. Mueller is working his way up to the Russian stuff. The question is will he be fired first.
They may have started as a witch hunt...
Witch hunt? The investigation was into Michael Flynn and lies he had made and the Government knew he made. There is already a plea deal over a bunch of Flynn failings.

Trump fired the FBI head and the acting AG directly because of the investigation into Michael Flynn. He said so himself (regarding Comey) in front of the Russians, on camera!

This was never a witch hunt. It started based on a few known truths and then Trump lit the cannon taking actions that screamed "I did something!"

If Trump escapes to Russia to avoid prosecution in the US for Treason by way of a flying broomstick, THEN (and only then) can we retroactively consider anything that has been going on as a "witch hunt".

If Trump escapes to Russia to avoid prosecution in the US for Treason by way of a flying broomstick, THEN (and only then) can we retroactively consider anything that has been going on as a "witch hunt".

If the Secret Service knocked down his broomstick that would be enough to make it a witch hunt. (However, my understanding is all they have are MANPADS--and they need a heat source to track.)

I am starting to think that Trump may be taken down not because of anything the Russia investigation turns up, but because he will interfere illegally to stop the Russia investigation.
Well, I disagree. Mueller is working his way up to the Russian stuff. The question is will he be fired first.
They may have started as a witch hunt...
Witch hunt? The investigation was into Michael Flynn and lies he had made and the Government knew he made. There is already a plea deal over a bunch of Flynn failings.

Trump fired the FBI head and the acting AG directly because of the investigation into Michael Flynn. He said so himself (regarding Comey) in front of the Russians, on camera!

This was never a witch hunt. It started based on a few known truths and then Trump lit the cannon taking actions that screamed "I did something!"

Timeline of Russia Investigation

The FBI was looking into Russia-linked interference and hacking before Trump secured the nomination.

Timeline of Russia Investigation

The FBI was looking into Russia-linked interference and hacking before Trump secured the nomination.

That was on July 19th. Here’s what FactCheck reported (emphasis mine):

July 25 – The FBI confirms it has opened an investigation into the hacking of the DNC computer network. “The FBI is investigating a cyber intrusion involving the DNC and are working to determine the nature and scope of the matter. A compromise of this nature is something we take very seriously, and the FBI will continue to investigate and hold accountable those who pose a threat in cyberspace,” it says in a release.

(James Comey, the FBI director at the time, would later testify that the FBI in late July 2016 began investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election and whether Trump campaign associates were involved in those efforts. The New York Times would later report that Page’s speech in Moscow “was a catalyst for the F.B.I. investigation into connections between Russia and President Trump’s campaign.”)

So, aside from the fact that Trump had run unopposed as early as May 4th and was the presumptive nominee prior to that, it would appear as if the investigations were officially opened after he secured the nomination, both officially and presumptively.

That was on July 19th. Here’s what FactCheck reported (emphasis mine):

July 25 – The FBI confirms it has opened an investigation into the hacking of the DNC computer network. “The FBI is investigating a cyber intrusion involving the DNC and are working to determine the nature and scope of the matter. A compromise of this nature is something we take very seriously, and the FBI will continue to investigate and hold accountable those who pose a threat in cyberspace,” it says in a release.

(James Comey, the FBI director at the time, would later testify that the FBI in late July 2016 began investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election and whether Trump campaign associates were involved in those efforts. The New York Times would later report that Page’s speech in Moscow “was a catalyst for the F.B.I. investigation into connections between Russia and President Trump’s campaign.”)

So, aside from the fact that Trump had run unopposed as early as May 4th and was the presumptive nominee prior to that, it would appear as if the investigations were officially opened after he secured the nomination, both officially and presumptively.
The general timeline is that while running for the nomination competitively, the US began getting contacts from Europe and Australia about weird shit between Russia and the Trump Campaign.

The FBI officially starts their investigation at a point where Trump has all but won the nomination.

Trump is elected.

Investigation into Flynn begin due to statements he made that were incorrect and could have compromised him.

Trump fires acting AG for bringing this up, under the guise of another excuse.

Comey continues investigating Flynn while Trump is continually asking him to tell people he himself isn't under investigation.

Trump fires Comey.

#2 guy in DoJ hires Mueller because this shit is weird!

Witch hunt my ass.

If the Secret Service knocked down his broomstick that would be enough to make it a witch hunt. (However, my understanding is all they have are MANPADS--and they need a heat source to track.)

You don't think there is a good enough source of heat coming out of Trump's ass?

I think it’s simpler than that, Jimmy. There were several things going on that on their own were worthy of investigating (with Flynn and Page in particular). Iow, many seemingly separate pieces of what then eventually turned out to be a much larger puzzle. But, yes, absolutely not a witch hunt. Red (hammer and sickle) flags all over the place.

The media is puzzling over why the Republicans pressured Rosenstein to release these memos.

The media is puzzling over why the Republicans pressured Rosenstein to release these memos.

And coming up with answers.

BWAHAHAHA!
I'd say "great job, republitards!", but it is not exactly an epic accomplishment to prove once again that Trump is a liar. And that's all they seem to have done.
They probably need to file this one under "be careful what you wish for".

Back
Top Bottom