• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

Are there any conservatives left who think that debunking the dossier will prove Trump innocent? Seems like only yesterday they were all acting like the dossier was the only evidence.
Have significant portions, minor portions?, been debunked from the dossier yet?

The only parts that have been "proven" one way or the other have (AFAIK) been "proven" correct.

Trump is a dog who chased a car, and has no idea what to do with it after he's caught it. I've seen more cunning from a 3-year-old. A "cunning" individual wouldn't continually hire criminals/incompetents, make statements that make it easy for courts to neutralize his executive orders, or sabotage the legislative agenda he's allegedly in favor of.

He hires criminals because that's the realm in which he moves. He doesn't know non-criminals.

Besides, honest people don't want to work for him.

9 months ago America got screwed. We are seeing the first of the results now.

Are there any conservatives left who think that debunking the dossier will prove Trump innocent? Seems like only yesterday they were all acting like the dossier was the only evidence.

I explained (I think successfully) to my father-in-law recently that if you are a cop pulling over a speeder that was going over 100 mph, and in response to everything you ask the driver, they respond, "But officer, I was and still am wearing my seat belt!!".. over and over again, what would you do?

He said, "arrest him for drinking"

I said, "no. you would ticket him for SPEEDING... the actual offense, not an emotional response to the non-offense that no one mentioned except the person that didn't want the speeding ticket".

That's okay, who doesn't owe 400% on their mortgage? I know when I bought my house with cash, I immediately got a mortgage worth 4 times my house was worth. Banks just give people cash like its worthless Zimbabwe currency.

That is pretty incredible. Blog post -> blog post -> The New Yorker -> FBI Indictment

When this started coming out, a guy on NPR noted that the cash sale followed by mortgage was a red flag for money laundering. The bigger issue is how this money trail continues.

I wonder of Calk had to get an ok from the Donald on this...

It also kills me that the eyesore in the neighborhood is a $3M property. I used to date a woman in Carrol Gardens just a couple blocks away...maybe shoulda coulda...

Have significant portions, minor portions?, been debunked from the dossier yet?

Republicans believe that the fact that Hillary paid for the dosssier makes everything in it false, so in their minds, it is already debunked.

Trump is a dog who chased a car, and has no idea what to do with it after he's caught it. I've seen more cunning from a 3-year-old. A "cunning" individual wouldn't continually hire criminals/incompetents, make statements that make it easy for courts to neutralize his executive orders, or sabotage the legislative agenda he's allegedly in favor of.

He hires criminals because that's the realm in which he moves. He doesn't know non-criminals.

Besides, honest people don't want to work for him.

9 months ago America got screwed. We are seeing the first of the results now.

You forgot to use a "liberals are exactly as bad" argument when saying something negative about a Republican.

And this isn't just any Republican. This one is a Nazi sympathizer, so you have to use a "both sides" argument to make him seem less bad.

What is the connection to the campaign?

"A professor with close ties to the Russian government told an adviser to Donald J. Trump’s presidential campaign in April 2016 that Moscow had “dirt” on Hillary Clinton in the form of “thousands of emails,” according to court documents unsealed Monday."

Nope - big nothing-burger. Never heard of George - he's fake news. A liar too - he was busted for lying.
Court documents? Anyone can make those up!

I'm not saying it is a nothing burger, but it doesn't seem to be what people here think it is.

If I told you I had dirt on some one, does that make you guilty?

Hmmm, what connection does a campaign manager have to the campaign they are managing? I have to admit, I am mystified!
I didn't ask how the campaign manger was related to the campaign.
In what way is the charge of conspiracy related to the campaign.
In what way are you certain there no more charges to be filed?

I didn't ask how the campaign manger was related to the campaign.
In what way is the charge of conspiracy related to the campaign.

Charges? What charges? There are no stinkin' charges! WTF are you talking about? </WW>

(Hint: the "campaign manger" is where the Cheato administration has been gorging itself. America is their cash cow.)

If I told you I had dirt on some one, does that make you guilty?

No*, that probably makes you a liar, unless you actually have such dirt. Being found guilty would make me (or you or anyone else) guilty - such as Cheato's campaign advisor has been found.
Go out and buy yourself a clue, dude.

* If you got close enough to tell me anything, I'd likely feel like I had dirt on me.

Charges? What charges? There are no stinkin' charges! WTF are you talking about? </WW>

(Hint: the "campaign manger" is where the Cheato administration has been gorging itself. America is their cash cow.)

Ok...so there is no evidence that the conspiracy charges are related.

Right. No evidence. Just like there's no evidence of anyone in the Cheato campaign talking to any Rus - no, wait... Just like there's no evidence of wrongdoing by anyone in the Cheato campai - oh, wait... never mind. That was day BEFORE yesterday!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Who are you trying to convince with your transparent and silly denials, WW? Certainly nobody who has read the indictments...

Now you're getting smarter...

Prosecutors are recommending 0 to 6 month jail time and less than ten grand in fines. I suspect his cooperation has a lot to do with such a small punishment. Not to mention the almost certainty he wore a wire for the feds after being charged.

Hate to be a bubble-buster about the wire thing... It makes sense and I would hope it is true... however, the court papers associated with his (previously secret) criminal trial indicate that he was ordered to "make no contact with any person affiliated with [the campaign]". So wearing a wire and talking to these guys would have been a violation in the court's eyes. It could aslo have been an intentional smoke screen so that if anything done there leaked, it would not look like he was turned.

"hey, it's me, George.. look, I'm not really supposed to be talking to you right now, but I really need to who that was that you met with.... I don't want my story messing you up..."

Can you link me to that? It's not in his indictment and that's all I can find.

Mueller’s Russian Collusion Case Comes into Focus*

"Papadopoulos made multiple attempts to leverage the professor's connections to the Kremlin in order to set up a meeting between Russian officials and the Trump campaign, according to the plea bargain. The document outlines a series of communications between Papadopoulos, the professor, other individuals with alleged ties to the Russian government, and other members of the Trump campaign.

* Did you know that collusion and conspiracy are virtually interchangeable terms in this situation?

Sorting Out the Russia Mess

If prosecutor Mueller had direct evidence that Papadopoulos had informed the Trump campaign about the Clinton emails, you would assume that the proof would have been included in Monday’s disclosures. Further, since Papadopoulos was flooding the campaign with news about his Russian outreach, you might have expected that he would say something about how helpful the Russians had been in publicizing the Democratic emails.

The absence of supporting evidence that Papadopoulos conveyed his hot news on the emails to campaign officials and Mifsud’s insistence that he knew nothing about the emails would normally raise serious questions about Papadopoulos’s credibility on this most crucial point.

At least for now, those gaps represent major holes in the storyline. But Official Washington has been so desperate for “proof” about the alleged Russian “election meddling” for so long, that professional skepticism has been unwelcome in most media outlets.

That's my concern... not presently, but calling some other man that is about to serve 5 years in prison, "Papa", is just creepy. I'm too old to start developing daddy issues at this age.

Prosecutors are recommending 0 to 6 month jail time and less than ten grand in fines. I suspect his cooperation has a lot to do with such a small punishment. Not to mention the almost certainty he wore a wire for the feds after being charged.

If you say it's "almost certain" then that is good enough for me. :p

The dossier isn't evidence of anything except for imbeciles who gush when anonymous sources confirm their biases and who think spooks tell the truth.

If prosecutor Mueller had direct evidence that Papadopoulos had informed the Trump campaign about the Clinton emails, you would assume that the proof would have been included in Monday’s disclosures.

Who would assume that - an idiot? Do you imagine that yesterday's revelations laid bare EVERYTHING George told them?

Further, since Papadopoulos was flooding the campaign with news about his Russian outreach, you might have expected that he would say something about how helpful the Russians had been in publicizing the Democratic emails.

You'd be an idiot to expect that, too. Is there some reason that Russia would have told George how they were helping? If they DID tell him, and he told Cheato's henchmen, why would you expect that information to have been divulged yesterday?

The absence of supporting evidence that Papadopoulos conveyed his hot news on the emails to campaign officials and Mifsud’s insistence that he knew nothing about the emails would normally raise serious questions about Papadopoulos’s credibility on this most crucial point.

Who has proven this "absence of evidence"? The same people who "proved" there were no meetings with Russians during the campaign?
Weren't you and WP touting the "absence of evidence" that there were ever meetings between Russians and campaign officials just a few months ago?

Credit where it is due, though - at least you're admitting the existence of a "Russia mess" now.

Back
Top Bottom