• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New report on climate change released today

I repeat, the planet evolved mankind, not mankind evolved the planet!

40,000 years is a bit longer than the three months it took to make a dramatic, very visible difference to the earth's atmosphere from a mere reduction - not even elimination - of fossil fuel consumption. You'd have to be an utter fool to continue to insists that humans are not modifying the climate and the entire biome of the planet. The evidence is staring you in the face. (you forgot to explain how people had nothing to do with the fact that Everest is suddenly visible from Kathmandu)

BYW, more than 99% of all species that have ever existed on this planet are extinct. More than 99.99% of mega-fauna that have ever existed, are extinct.
In 40,000 years there will almost certainly still be crocodilians. Humans? Not so likely. In fact, people who have more facts in-hand and are better at math than most of us - including angelo - estimate a 5% chance that HSS won't make it to the year 2100.

Professor Stephen Hawkins gave mankind around 100 years to find another planet and move there, if we want our species to survive. I think he was wrong as I have enormous faith in mankind's ability to survive and our science to assure our survival well past his 100 years timeline.

So acid rain and ozone depletion?

As soon as it was discovered that the release of the old refrigerant and other minute gases into the atmosphere were harming the ozone layer, it was banned world wide, with the results that the ozone layer recovered in just a few years.

So acid rain and ozone depletion?

As soon as it was discovered that the release of the old refrigerant and other minute gases into the atmosphere were harming the ozone layer, it was banned world wide, with the results that the ozone layer recovered in just a few years.

Thank you for demonstrating that mankind can and has evolved the planet.

Have you any idea why homo sapiens left the African savannas all those thousands of years ago if not for the fact that the climate changed opening up the pathway out of there to greener pastures. And the end of the Ice Age allowing them to migrate to Europe and Asia?

Have you any idea why homo sapiens left the African savannas all those thousands of years ago if not for the fact that the climate changed opening up the pathway out of there to greener pastures. And the end of the Ice Age allowing them to migrate to Europe and Asia?

You know that your response doesn't negate Jimmy Higgins comment about what you said, don't you?

We have changed local ecosystems, too. Every power dam. (Those damn dams in MI.) We have created distinctly warmer local climates called heat islands. We have polluted and polluted. We have driven species extinct. We have agriculture evolving plants to our whim. We have evolved antibiotic-resistant bacteria. We can manufacture viruses.
Mankind evolved into what we are long before we could do any of the above. Mankind evolved with the planet in many different ecosystems.

You know that your response doesn't negate Jimmy Higgins comment about what you said, don't you?

I've responded by repeating that the planet evolves mankind and not vice versa! But why the shite am I responding to your nonsense post!

I've responded by repeating that the planet evolves mankind and not vice versa! But why the shite am I responding to your nonsense post!

And again, you are wrong.

Professor Stephen Hawkins gave mankind around 100 years to find another planet and move there, if we want our species to survive. I think he was wrong ...

You remind me of all those people of average or below average intelligence and education with zero study of either special relativity or general relativity, who think they have proven Einstein wrong. They're a dime a dozen.

I have enormous faith in mankind's ability to survive and our science to assure our survival well past his 100 years timeline.

Enormous faith is one of the prime factors that will limit the duration of Homo Sapien Sapiens on this planet.

Professor Stephen Hawkins gave mankind around 100 years to find another planet and move there, if we want our species to survive. I think he was wrong ...

You remind me of all those people of average or below average intelligence and education with zero study of either special relativity or general relativity, who think they have proven Einstein wrong. They're a dime a dozen.

I have enormous faith in mankind's ability to survive and our science to assure our survival well past his 100 years timeline.

Enormous faith is one of the prime factors that will limit the duration of Homo Sapien Sapiens on this planet.

You vastly underestimate man's ingenuity!

A short visit to a library to study the biology and history of homo sapiens and his environment would answer most questions.

angelo believes humans are smart enough to invent their way out of imminent environmental collapse, but he doesn't believe scientists when they tell us that we are facing imminent environmental collapse.

angelo believes humans are smart enough to invent their way out of imminent environmental collapse, but he doesn't believe scientists when they tell us that we are facing imminent environmental collapse.

All your ingenuity are belong to us! :hysterical:

Seriously... angelo personifies the main reason we cannot rely on "human ingenuity". Too much of it resides in the land of wishful thinking, where one can solve problems such as global warming by pretending they don't exist.

WTF has all that water from the melted ice gone?

Are you so handicapped that facts are physically beyond your reach, or what?
More than a billion people live in watersheds fed by the glaciers in the Himalayas and Tibet, which source giant rivers like the Ganges, Brahmaputra, Yangtze and Mekong. According to the Kaab's calculations, glacier melt supplied, on average, 2 to 4 percent of the extra water flow as these rivers enter the lowlands.

They have these colorful things called maps that can show you where each of those rivers went to the sea, and you don't even have to fucking READ!

Which scientists would that be, the 97%?

A pdf about the " consensus" if you care to read it.

https://friendsofscience.org/assets/documents/97_Consensus_Myth.pdf

We've already done the 97% consensus.

THis is how angelo responds when you call out his bullshit:

However way it's put, the fact remains the 97% figure is a crock full of BS.

"However way it's put" meaning "I believe in the conspiracy, regardless of the facts".

You're correct, as I recall we've done this 97% consensus bullshit before. I also recall posting a list of real climate scientists who also think that figure is pie in the sky. So let's drop it as it's just going over old ground!

Back
Top Bottom