• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New report on climate change released today

What the "experts' don't tell you about climate change is that you can perform your own experiments and see the sea level is not rising. There's rocks I can stand on at high tide that go up to the same level as they were 20 years ago. There's still buoys and pylons sticking out of the ocean since the early 1900's that haven't went underwater yet. They are still sticking out in the same spot at the same height. The movie "Planet of the Apes" came out in 1968 and if you look at the filming locations today (52 years later) you can see the water is in the same spot. Some of it is even lower!

Next time someone tells you that climate change is real, tell them to perform their own experiment.

Not only that, but many of the Pacific atolls that were predicted to be under water by now, have actually grown.

Not sure if it's in any way related to climate change, but volcano has erupted at mt taal south of Manila and Ash has filled the sky and has fallen incredibly far. My cousins have sent me some incredible photos of it.IMG-20200112-WA0004.jpg

Dunno why only one of them loads within the message. it's the least impressive one lol. I am told it smells of sulphur there.

Attachments

• IMG-20200112-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20200112-WA0011.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG-20200112-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20200112-WA0012.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20200112-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20200112-WA0010.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20200112-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20200112-WA0009.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20200112-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20200112-WA0006.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2
Not sure if it's in any way related to climate change, but volcano has erupted at mt taal south of Manila.

The devout will find some way of attributing this on the “climate emergency/crisis”.

This is one of those events that is not accounted for in climate models. Volcanic cooling, which has happened before (Year Without a Summer), cannot be predicted. A major coronal mass ejection like the Carrington Event, could make our CO2 production zero very quickly after all copper wires in half the world get melted (worst case). Predicting 100 years out is nonsense. So much not modeled could happen.

What the "experts' don't tell you about climate change is that you can perform your own experiments and see the sea level is not rising. There's rocks I can stand on at high tide that go up to the same level as they were 20 years ago. There's still buoys and pylons sticking out of the ocean since the early 1900's that haven't went underwater yet. They are still sticking out in the same spot at the same height. The movie "Planet of the Apes" came out in 1968 and if you look at the filming locations today (52 years later) you can see the water is in the same spot. Some of it is even lower!

Next time someone tells you that climate change is real, tell them to perform their own experiment.

Not only that, but many of the Pacific atolls that were predicted to be under water by now, have actually grown.

And using identical logic, there are no elephants in my back yard, which proves that elephants are extinct.

And using identical logic, there are no elephants in my back yard, which proves that elephants are extinct.

As it happens, you are closer to the truth with that equivalence...

Not sure if it's in any way related to climate change, but volcano has erupted at mt taal south of Manila.

The devout will find some way of attributing this on the “climate emergency/crisis”.

This is one of those events that is not accounted for in climate models. Volcanic cooling, which has happened before (Year Without a Summer), cannot be predicted. A major coronal mass ejection like the Carrington Event, could make our CO2 production zero very quickly after all copper wires in half the world get melted (worst case). Predicting 100 years out is nonsense. So much not modeled could happen.

Don't make the mistake is thinking that Twizzle has any interest in actual scientific information. His goal was only to make a false equivalence between attributing the increase in extreme weather events to climate change and attributing volcanic eruption to climate change. Since he's incapable of critiquing the actual arguments of those who accept consensus climate science, he likes to attack things he made up that no one said.

Does the exclamation mark make it true?

Australia hasn't been in drought for very long, by historical Australian standards. What's different the last few years is that it's been hotter, rather than drier, leading to big fuel loads and higher fire dangers on the hottest days - which are hotter, more common, and less widely separated.

The weather pattern we are seeing is exactly that predicted a decade ago to occur around now, due to climate change. Angry denials and the use of exclamation marks by demonstrably ignorant Internet users don't do much to counter a prediction that frighteningly accurate.

My email of apology to the " messiah " of GW/CC/CD Al Gore is on it's way, NOT!

This response doesn't appear to be in any way related to the quoted post :confused:

Or, for that matter, to reality.

Does the exclamation mark make it true?

Australia hasn't been in drought for very long, by historical Australian standards. What's different the last few years is that it's been hotter, rather than drier, leading to big fuel loads and higher fire dangers on the hottest days - which are hotter, more common, and less widely separated.

The weather pattern we are seeing is exactly that predicted a decade ago to occur around now, due to climate change. Angry denials and the use of exclamation marks by demonstrably ignorant Internet users don't do much to counter a prediction that frighteningly accurate.

My email of apology to the " messiah " of GW/CC/CD Al Gore is on it's way, NOT!

Thanks for the illustration of what is a red herring. Now do you have any relevant information about what bilby wrote?

How is that identical logic?

Identical logic would be saying, "They predicted elephants would be extinct by the year 2000, but there are still elephants."

Please explain why sea levels haven't risen from 52 years ago when they filmed Planet of the Apes.

Identical logic would be saying, "They predicted elephants would be extinct by the year 2000, but there are still elephants."

Please explain why sea levels haven't risen from 52 years ago when they filmed Planet of the Apes.

Because where they filmed Planet of the Apes wasn't the entire fucking planet, so the back yard analogy applies. Is the sea level rising? Yes. Yes it is. And your assertion that the levels where Planet of the Apes was shot 52 years ago haven't risen (that was at Westward Beach, Malibu, Los Angeles by the way). Surprise surprise complete bullshit.

Because where they filmed Planet of the Apes wasn't the entire fucking planet, so the back yard analogy applies. Is the sea level rising? Yes. Yes it is. And your assertion that the levels where Planet of the Apes was shot 52 years ago haven't risen (that was at Westward Beach, Malibu, Los Angeles by the way). Surprise surprise complete bullshit.
So you're saying it's rising in some spots but not others?

I'm saying your arguments are absolute crap with no basis in reality. I am then proving that with facts.

I'm saying your arguments are absolute crap with no basis in reality. I am then proving that with facts.

This was the argument when it was pointed out the Obamas bought a $15 million house on Martha's Vineyard and some of you guys said, "It's not really going to rise over there!"

Which coasts are not going to experience sea level rise? Why not just focus on the coasts that will experience it instead of saying "it's gonna happen all over!....except on Marth'a Vineyard for the Obama's!"

Well that's obviously not fair. You're up against a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.

Planet of the Apes was set in the future, and at that time sea levels had clearly risen many tens of metres, as about half of the Statue of Liberty is visibly below sea level.

IMG_4787.JPG

Checkmate, climate change deniers.

;)

Last edited:
Planet of the Apes was set in the future, and at that time sea levels had clearly risen many metres, as about half of the Statue of Liberty is clearly below sea level.

View attachment 25632

Checkmate, climate change deniers.

;)

Maybe you guys are right. At the 1:40 mark, you can see the water level is higher.

But, in all the other parts you can't tell at all.

Here's the video. It really is very well done.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do_pHzBwN8M[/YOUTUBE]

This was the argument when it was pointed out the Obamas bought a $15 million house on Martha's Vineyard and some of you guys said, "It's not really going to rise over there!"

Which coasts are not going to experience sea level rise? Why not just focus on the coasts that will experience it instead of saying "it's gonna happen all over!....except on Marth'a Vineyard for the Obama's!"
I decided to settle this issue by tracking down that estate.

The Vineyard Gazette - Martha's Vineyard News | President Obama Buys Home on Edgartown Great Pond - "The sprawling 6,892-square-foot house sits on 29.3 secluded acres fronting the Edgartown Great Pond between Slough Cove and Turkeyland Cove, with views of a barrier beach and the ocean beyond." - this is enough to locate it on a map.

I used Google Maps and Topozone, and I found that its coordinates are 41.360699, -70.546341 and its likely elevation about 10 ft / 3 m. So it's safe for the next decade or so.

I decided to settle this issue by tracking down that estate.

The Vineyard Gazette - Martha's Vineyard News | President Obama Buys Home on Edgartown Great Pond - "The sprawling 6,892-square-foot house sits on 29.3 secluded acres fronting the Edgartown Great Pond between Slough Cove and Turkeyland Cove, with views of a barrier beach and the ocean beyond." - this is enough to locate it on a map.

I used Google Maps and Topozone, and I found that its coordinates are 41.360699, -70.546341 and its likely elevation about 10 ft / 3 m. So it's safe for the next decade or so.

This was settled the last time he brought it up. Yet he brought it up again.

Back
Top Bottom