• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL 2022/2023

Kind of NFL adjacent, but did anyone see the college "championship" tonight?

Holy shit, what a farce. Thankfully I forgot it was on and tuned in just in time to see the final score (65-7).

How do NFL teams even begin to evaluate players from a school like Georgia? Is there a "Player Need to Beat Up the Skinny Kid" category scouts look for?

The season of parody on parity is over. Kansas City and Philly are the #1 seeds. Anyone who thinks they know how the playoffs are going to go are lying.

For me, I'm pulling between 8-9 Tampa led by Brady having a resurgence and just pissing off the country with an 8th title... and Buffalo of whom the chip on their franchise's shoulder was escalated with intense human inspiration.

Patriots miss the playoffs in part because they couldn't punt the ball more than 30 or so yards, an offensive play calling scheme that involved throwing the ball behind the line of scrimmage almost all the time, and a brain fart so loud it could be heard on distant planets.

Planet Blorg IX Space Observatory (128,497 years in the future):
*BOOM*
Snoglog: What was that?
Timbluck: I think someone royally fucked up.

The Bucs have a good chance of getting through Round 1. The Cowboys looked horrendous against the Commodes, and they’re 0-7 against Brady.

Bengals & Ravens playing consecutive games could be interesting, but only if Lamar suits up. If not, Bengals will win, but they may need help getting out of bed Monday morning.

For me, I'm pulling between 8-9 Tampa led by Brady having a resurgence and just pissing off the country with an 8th title...

Were he not so physically gifted but had the same personality, he'd be locked away with a Hannibal Lecter mask permanently affixed to his face.

Anyway, it would be the ultimate sports troll for him to win another Super Bowl. All the draft picks, all the training, all the support that goes into finding just an above average QB just gets shat on by Brady's never ending success. It also laughs at freakish talents like Mahomes.

A lot of people are pulling for Brady just because it's such a great F You to the rest of the league.

My picks for Wildcard Weekend:

49ers over Seahawks
Jaguars over Chargers
Bills over Dolphins
Vikings over Giants
Bengals over Ravens
Cowboys over Buccaneers

Seahawks Chargers, Bucs, Bill's, Vikings, Bengals. Of course this yr, who knows.

49ers over Seahawks
Jaguars over Chargers
Bills over Dolphins
Vikings over Giants
Bengals over Ravens
Cowboys over Buccaneers
I’ll agree, except Bucs over Cowboys. And I’m kind of on the fence about Vikings/Giants; not sure if the horseshoe up the Vikings’ ass will work in a playoff game.

Bengals likely with a walkover as Jackson is out for the game. Of course, this year... Ravens could still win by 30. Wouldn't bet on it though.

Bengals likely with a walkover as Jackson is out for the game. Of course, this year... Ravens could still win by 30. Wouldn't bet on it though.
Ravens reach the red zone five times and only score 13 points. Bengals win, but are so banged up that they lose next week.

Injuries have been such a huge factor this season, seems to me more than usual. But Staley needlessly fucked his team over by playing starters for most of the game last week when it meant nothing. It's like Staley likes to do things outside the box just for the sake of it.

In-fucking-believable, the Chargers gave up a 27-0 lead to lose 30-31. Chargers were not worth their lead anyway as the picked up points from turnovers but still, ugh.

In-fucking-believable, the Chargers gave up a 27-0 lead to lose 30-31. Chargers were not worth their lead anyway as the picked up points from turnovers but still, ugh.
I turned it off at 24-0, but checked occasionally. Turned it back on when it got to 30-28. Just looking at the players, the outcome seemed inevitable.

I want to know what Joey Bosa said to the ref during his final meltdown.

49ers over Seahawks
Jaguars over Chargers
Bills over Dolphins
Vikings over Giants
Bengals over Ravens
Cowboys over Buccaneers
It appears that you're picking all chalk? Chargers and Herbert will upset Jags!
Last year on this weekend I went with all road dogs on wild card weekend and was correct 5 out of 6.

I decided to save myself the frustration and not watch the Ravens game. My best decision of 2023, as they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. The only thing I want to hear about them is the announcement that they’ve fired their offensive coordinator.

It was a watchable game otherwise, nearly an amazing finish.

FmkQtqjXwAAO8J-.jpg

Missed it by that much.

What did we learn this weekend? If you only score when then other team throws an interception (Chargers) and the other team starts throwing TDs instead (Jags) you might be in trouble. Clock management is still a thing for some teams (Ravens). And seriously, didn't the Bill James of football determine that saving a time out is worth more than taking a 5-yard delay of game penalty? One more, you will likely lose with a third string QB (Fins) but you might win (49ers).

What would we change for Wild Card Weekend? Home field must be determined by overall record and NOT position in division. While the traveling team with the (much) better record (Boys) won (easily) over the home team (Bucs) it is not fair. Afterall, this is Wild Card Weekend, if you didn't get a bye, you deserve to be judged by your record and not position in your (weak ass) division.

Finally, I went 5 for 6, picking winners (I don't bet so the spread means nothing to me, nor does it mean anything for who plays next weekend) same record as last year on Wild Card Weekend.

Well, I always thought Brady was just a flash in the pan......

How many top pro athletes step away at their peak or shortly past it?

Ali took some terrible beatings fighting past his time.

Back
Top Bottom