• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL 2022/2023

Brady also won the Super Bowl two years ago. And while finishing 8-9 isn't a highlight, they did still technically make the playoffs, which in NE Ohio would be considered a banner year... until the QB is run out of town by the fans.

Well, so much for 8-9 Brady led Bucs Super Bowl this year.

Well, I always thought Brady was just a flash in the pan......

How many top pro athletes step away at their peak or shortly past it?

Ali took some terrible beatings fighting past his time.
Ali needed the money.
Don't know if he neEded the money, he did say he took the Manila fight for he paycheck.

Things like this are why I’ve never had any respect for Brady, never will, and hope someone seriously effs him up:

You can destroy a guy’s ankle or pop his Achilles doing that; he has history of tripping/kicking/trying to injure opponents. If you’re too much of a bitch to try to tackle someone after a turnover, get off the field.

Part of the role of prominent pro athletes is giving people something to talk about, and hate.

Brady also won the Super Bowl two years ago. And while finishing 8-9 isn't a highlight, they did still technically make the playoffs, which in NE Ohio would be considered a banner year... until the QB is run out of town by the fans.

Well, so much for 8-9 Brady led Bucs Super Bowl this year.
The thing is, the Cowboys have a pretty poor rushing defense, and when the Bucs ran at them they did well. But the fact is they dropped the running game and left it all in Brady's hands, and Brady looked terrible, at least for three quarters. He came alive only when the game was out of reach and presumably the Cowboys defense had relaxed.

Picks for this weekend: Chiefs, Eagles, Bengals, 49ers.

Chiefs - Mahomes and Reed have reached a new place and the team is loose and ready.
Eagles - sentimental pick. The Giants are hot, Eagles had a needed week off to rest and prepare. Eagles might not be ready for show time, but they have beaten the Giants twice this year already and they are at home in one of the stadiums with the biggest home field advantage.
Bengals - my upset special for the wind and snow in Buffalo. Both the Bengals and Bills have plenty of play-off and Super Bowl ghosts. Which one will be haunted this time?
49ers - you have to enjoy watching a 3rd string QB with nothing to lose and then not losing. And love his sidearm touch passes.

I really REALLY want to see Eagles vs Chiefs in the SB. If SF can beat the Eagles, more power to them, but I doubt it.

Chiefs - Mahomes and Reed have reached a new place and the team is loose and ready.
Eagles - sentimental pick. The Giants are hot, Eagles had a needed week off to rest and prepare. Eagles might not be ready for show time, but they have beaten the Giants twice this year already and they are at home in one of the stadiums with the biggest home field advantage.
Bengals - my upset special for the wind and snow in Buffalo. Both the Bengals and Bills have plenty of play-off and Super Bowl ghosts. Which one will be haunted this time?
49ers - you have to enjoy watching a 3rd string QB with nothing to lose and then not losing. And love his sidearm touch passes.
I'm going with the favorites. The Bills defense may not match up as well as the Ravens D did against the Bengals, but the Bills actually have an offense. Bengals are lucky to still be in the tournament; they're on borrowed time.

A Niners-Chiefs Super Bowl would be great, in an irresistible force vs. immovable object way.

4 for 4 this past weekend.

Observations
1. The networks AND the NFL have vastly improved the replay review processes. As a fan, I very much appreciate that the booth team now defers to the experts on the rules during the replay review.
2. At one point in the league it was considered unfair or not sportsman like for those on offense to join in the pile and push their teammate with the ball forward - that is no longer the case. The refs and the league seem content with this and teams - well, mostly the offensive linemen - are now actively doing this on nearly every play. Considering that it was always "fair-game" for defensive players to pile on a ball carrier, perhaps it is all fair now.
3. In this league of fast release throwing schemes the tight end receivers are more important than ever. There is little time for the speedsters to get down field.
4. Defensive ends are all track stars now. Speed and quickness are the prime attributes.
5. All successful teams have one or more great small tough running backs. Small and quick to get through the holes in line and to slip under tackles. Tough enough to help on blocking before releasing into the flat.

Cincinnati remind me of New England circa '02 to '04. Curious as to the Eagles still. They keep winning. If they steamroller the 49'ers, probably need to make them the favorite. Cincinnati keep winning themselves in the playoffs. But Mahomes be Mahomes, the Steph Curry of the NFL. No idea how the Conference finals finish up this year.

Observations
1. The networks AND the NFL have vastly improved the replay review processes. As a fan, I very much appreciate that the booth team now defers to the experts on the rules during the replay review.
One thing I hate about the NFL... is that we need experts on the mic for these situations... because the rules are too complicated!
2. At one point in the league it was considered unfair or not sportsman like for those on offense to join in the pile and push their teammate with the ball forward - that is no longer the case. The refs and the league seem content with this and teams - well, mostly the offensive linemen - are now actively doing this on nearly every play. Considering that it was always "fair-game" for defensive players to pile on a ball carrier, perhaps it is all fair now.
Is it not pushing or not "pulling"?

My picks for Sunday: Bengals over Chiefs, Eagles over 49ers. The first game Eagles 31, 49ers 17. Second game Bengals 34, Chiefs 33.

What do you do when your 3rd-string QB shreds his elbow in the first quarter, and your 4th-string QB is concussed, requiring your 3rd-string QB to re-enter the game and just hand off? Trick question: you get your ass kicked. Great run for the Niners, but they were toast.

Bengals and their fans choked on their own trash talk. Couldn’t have happened to a more appropriate mob.

Brady retires for realz this time. I think he lacks hiring options. There aren't many teams in the NFL where they have a Super Bowl out of the box team waiting for a Tom Brady to helm them, like Tampa Bay did. And seeing he's been to more Super Bowls than many teams have wins in a season, time to hang it up. No one would want to pay him the money unless he was the last piece of the puzzle.

Brady goes down by far, as the most successful QB ever. While some QBs might have had more pure talent, Brady's execution when it mattered was unmatched by anyone. From the tuck drive against the Raiders in the snow to winning the Super Bowl in his 40s... and unlike Manning, looking good while doing it. Tom Brady has a 35-13 record... in the playoffs! That alone is jaw dropping. No QB endured for as long as he did and for as well as he did, generally making the playoffs every year he started, I think there was one year he didn't.

Reactions: WAB
I went 10 for 12 picking playoff games. Super Bowl prediction Eagles 37 Chiefs 33.

I want to see the Eagles get their second Super Bowl. It should be a great game. I predict that the difference in the game will come down to a fumble or interception based on a funny bounce in the 4th quarter. Andy Reed will undoubtedly have some trick plays on offense, expect to see the "hook and ladder" more than once, in fact the "receiver option" may be in play on all pass plays to the outside. For the Eagles, I expect that the D Line will be key, and with the linebackers, expect that they will have installed schemes to limit what Mahomes does best - make gold out of a potential sack. If it weren't for the fact that MVP is always (nearly anyway) the winning QB, the proposition bet that I would take is that a Kelce will get the MVP trophy. The other proposition bet that I would consider is that the QBs will account for more touch downs than receivers and running backs combined. But I don't bet.

I'll go with Eagles 31 to 19. They've been the best team all season.

A reminder that not everybody will be watching football today.

link

Going into halftime, the injured Mahomes should be benched in favor of the excellent backup QB Chad Henne.

Coaches should be the dictators in this game.

Hennething is possible.

Back
Top Bottom