• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL 2022/2023

Denver lost because of the 2 goal line fumbles. Wilson will have a better season than Smith.

It will be a long hangover for the Rams, don't see the O line getting competitive enough soon. They also have a harrowing schedule that could get you 8--8 even with a good team. But as we've seen of late, it's about how you're playing at the end of the season.
Maybe so, but t was a good game to watch. In the vdieo of his walking into the
stadium he had an arrogant strut wearing a silly looking tuxedo. I think he was looking forward to showing the Seahawks really needed him.

Pete Carrol seems to be back on his game.

No one knows the details outside the Seahawks but apparently he really wnated out of Seattle. Part of it may be that for a while he was not getting proteciona nd took a lot of hits.

In the post game Q&A Wilson bit his tongue on the question of not being given the ball on 4th and 5.

It is a new young motivated team and the fans are excited. That is all that matters right now. Seattle needs some relief after the last several years.
Seattle is my team. Although starting to love the Chargers! But I'm a hawk. Last Monday's win was unexpected and glorious. However, I see big problems. And I think that we'll be rebuilding. Geno had a great game. He played way above his talent level. But how long will that last? He has very serious deficiencies: doesn't throw down field well, doesn't stretch the field, and doesn't feel the pocket well.
Holy cow was I wrong here or what? Geno has been incredible. He's certainly the comeback player of the year. And next years team will have a huge amount of draft picks and a very flexible payroll (Thank you Denver). Go Hawks!

Denver.
Least entertaining team on record.
Ever.

Denver lost because of the 2 goal line fumbles. Wilson will have a better season than Smith.

It will be a long hangover for the Rams, don't see the O line getting competitive enough soon. They also have a harrowing schedule that could get you 8--8 even with a good team. But as we've seen of late, it's about how you're playing at the end of the season.
Maybe so, but t was a good game to watch. In the vdieo of his walking into the
stadium he had an arrogant strut wearing a silly looking tuxedo. I think he was looking forward to showing the Seahawks really needed him.

Pete Carrol seems to be back on his game.

No one knows the details outside the Seahawks but apparently he really wnated out of Seattle. Part of it may be that for a while he was not getting proteciona nd took a lot of hits.

In the post game Q&A Wilson bit his tongue on the question of not being given the ball on 4th and 5.

It is a new young motivated team and the fans are excited. That is all that matters right now. Seattle needs some relief after the last several years.
Seattle is my team. Although starting to love the Chargers! But I'm a hawk. Last Monday's win was unexpected and glorious. However, I see big problems. And I think that we'll be rebuilding. Geno had a great game. He played way above his talent level. But how long will that last? He has very serious deficiencies: doesn't throw down field well, doesn't stretch the field, and doesn't feel the pocket well.
Holy cow was I wrong here or what? Geno has been incredible. He's certainly the comeback player of the year. And next years team will have a huge amount of draft picks and a very flexible payroll (Thank you Denver). Go Hawks!
Sorry Amigo! Honestly, I thought that Denver absolutely robbed us in that trade. If you had told me that Geno would be outperforming Russell - no freaking way. It could be poor coaching. If you guys getting a better coach and system, you might rebound next year. I have no idea what the heck happened to Wilson.

Denver.
Least entertaining team on record.
Ever.
My team once went the entire month of October (5 games) without scoring a touchdown.

Of course, that team won two of the five, and the Super Bowl. Denver’s defense is really good, but not historically good. They’re screwed for years.

SF wins with their 3rd string QB (aka Mr. Irrelevant).

Ravens finish a win in Pittsburgh with their 3rd string QB, executing the same offense used by General Patton to capture Sicily.

(Former) MVP candidate Tua Tagovailoa completes only 36% of his passes, despite having more weapons than most NATO members.

Giants, Jets, Titans, and Seahawks say, “Never mind. Just kidding.”

The Detroit Lions. Sure. Why not?

The Panthers, who traded their best players, fired their coach, and cut their starting QB, are one game behind Tom Brady for a playoff spot.

Russell Wilson still sucks, but at least now he has an excuse.

Saturday games start this week. Merry Christmas.

Win?!! Nay lad, it was an absolute THRASHING of the Tom Brady lead Buccaneers. It was so bad that the coverage was switched to another game. It was so one sided that if it had been a boxing match, the referee would have stopped it.

Win?!! Nay lad, it was an absolute THRASHING of the Tom Brady lead Buccaneers. It was so bad that the coverage was switched to another game. It was so one sided that if it had been a boxing match, the referee would have stopped it.
A network taking Tom Brady off TV was damn near the highlight of the season.

Patriots beat the Cardinals are back into the playoffs. At 7-6, the Patriots are shaping up to be a well oiled machine capable of a 9-8 record, but they are at least well oiled. Three teams are competing for the right to lose to Buffalo or Kansas City in the first round of the playoffs. The last four games aren't easy, facing the Dolphins and Bills in their division and Cincinnati. They also play the Raiders, of which the Patriots have little history with that I'm aware of. These games are all important because they are conference/division games, so the likely important tie breaker, to allow them to be broken by Mahomes or Kelly or whomever is throwing the ball in Buffalo these days will be based on how they finish up.

If the Patriots win the last four games, they'll finish 11-6, and have more wins than other other AFC team (today). But that won't likely happen. So they'll need some help from perennial underachievers in the forms of the Chargers and Jets to fulfill their destiny as perpetual letdowns.

Last edited:
Tuned into the early Saturday game at halftime just for background noise, but then omfg!
Screenshot_20221217_140506.jpg

Poor Matt Ryan doing Matt Ryan things. 😬

Well the Seahawks fizzled, not surmised. They still had a good run and were entertaining.

Smith is a good quarterback, but he is past his physical prime. It shows once in a while, he seems to loose concentration.

I heard a sports commentator say people are calling the trade the Denver Disaster. There was reporting that Wilson reverted to Seahawk signals a few times. If you look up relity check you will see a picture of Wilson.

Wilson got benched. Who would have saw that coming when he was traded.

Talk about humiliation.

Well, looks like the NFL might to need to relaunch Footballs Funniest Bloopers in homage to the New England Patriots and their new from scrimmage time killing / chance of winning killing run - lateral - lateral to other team with one man to beat and time expiring... in a tie game.

The Colts will always be the winner of worst designed play, against the Patriots too, where they lined up with two men at the scrimmage and everyone else by the sideline (against the rules)... and after failing to draw the Patriots offsides... hiked the ball. But this play... I'm thinking Leon Lett needlessly touching a ball to make it live for the other team like historically bad. The Lett case involved a slippery field, and having the lead to win. The Patriots, perfectly fine conditions and a game heading to OT, so the Patriots didn't give away a win (ignoring the switch to prevent defense where the Raiders marched up the field to tie the game late in the fourth quarter).

On the other hand, there is the issue of the play call, because when the ball was handed off, I was curious why in the heck they were running, instead of a long bomb to the end zone. That didn't make much sense, but then the running back kept moving forward and it was starting to appear that the Raiders might blow this themselves on a running play with time expiring from midfield. But that choked up, and then the laterals. Oi, the laterals.

But I'll let history decide, Leon Lett v New England Patriots coaching staff and players. Worst play execution ever. Maybe Musk could do a Twitter poll.

Well, looks like the NFL might to need to relaunch Footballs Funniest Bloopers in homage to the New England Patriots and their new from scrimmage time killing / chance of winning killing run - lateral - lateral to other team with one man to beat and time expiring... in a tie game.

The Colts will always be the winner of worst designed play, against the Patriots too, where they lined up with two men at the scrimmage and everyone else by the sideline (against the rules)... and after failing to draw the Patriots offsides... hiked the ball. But this play... I'm thinking Leon Lett needlessly touching a ball to make it live for the other team like historically bad. The Lett case involved a slippery field, and having the lead to win. The Patriots, perfectly fine conditions and a game heading to OT, so the Patriots didn't give away a win (ignoring the switch to prevent defense where the Raiders marched up the field to tie the game late in the fourth quarter).

On the other hand, there is the issue of the play call, because when the ball was handed off, I was curious why in the heck they were running, instead of a long bomb to the end zone. That didn't make much sense, but then the running back kept moving forward and it was starting to appear that the Raiders might blow this themselves on a running play with time expiring from midfield. But that choked up, and then the laterals. Oi, the laterals.

But I'll let history decide, Leon Lett v New England Patriots coaching staff and players. Worst play execution ever. Maybe Musk could do a Twitter poll.
Lett was a solo act. The one yesterday ... they should have brought out the vehicle so the Keystone Kops could pile back in. I'm surprised Hoodie's head didn't detonate right on the field.

It's been an ugly season, but finally, a good weekend of football, at least for the national games.

Also, as mentioned, and fittingly, nearing the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception, another all time improbable play. Sin City Insanity?

Jakobi Meyers is going to need a personal injury lawyer himself after that.

I hadn't studied the replay too much, but I didn't realize just how bad the throw was from Meyers, it was awkward... and to no one but one black shirt. Two Patriots are within 5 to 7 yards, and one of them is a lineman. The only way Meyers could have managed that worse would have been to run it into his own end zone himself.

This play is something else. It is hard to accomplish, but this play just looks dumber and dumber every subsequent time I watch it. Mac Jones' attempted "tackle" if we even want to suggest calling it that, I mean, Montgomery Burns would have managed better contact. If I were a Conspiracy Theorist, you'd swear he didn't try to tackle and botched the fake tackle. But it is more likely that a guy three times his size approaching him probably put Jones into self preservation mode.

Mac Jones getting posterized takes the play to an extra level.

Belichick's postgame interview was creepy. How can anyone ever be motivated by such a personality?

Belichick's postgame interview was creepy. How can anyone ever be motivated by such a personality?
He’s a brilliant coach; he puts players in positions/situations that help them succeed; and he wins. His team is virtually always smarter than the other team (Sunday’s debacle excepted).

He also seems to have no trouble crossing over the line of legal and ethical behavior. And he sucks at drafting, especially at the “skill” positions.

he puts players in positions/situations that help them succeed
It has sometimes seemed to me that he almost forces individuals to succeed, seeing to it that they are swept along with the success of the team. He has a firm vision of how they have to be within the game at hand to achieve a win, and that vision is always consilient with the individual's capabilities. Whatever anyone says, he is an amazing coach and it's not because of his radiant personality.

Back
Top Bottom