• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL team owner Robert Kraft was swept up in a bust of a sex-trafficking day spa

What's questionable about it?
Law enforcement suspects illegal activity is happening in an establishment so they start surveillance. Done daily by LEOs all across the US.

What is "done daily" is audio surveillance. Not full-video surveillance of places where people tend to be naked. There is still the 4th amendment, even if both Left and Right love to ignore way too often. :rolleyes:
Also, surveillance warrant was approved on the basis of the claim that there was "human trafficking" afoot. Since no evidence of that was found, this intrusive invasion of privacy should not be allowed to be used to prosecute much less serious "crimes"*, i.e. solicitation, prostitution, that are the only "crimes" being prosecuted.

It's amazing how self-identified "liberals" (really illberals) and "progressives" (really regressives) like you, Toni and laughing dog become über-authoritarian and very trusting toward claims by LEOs ("the sheriff said it in a press conference, I believe it, that settles it") when it comes to them persecuting sex work. Why is that?

* use of scare quotes is because laws criminalizing sex work are blatantly unconstitutional given precedent of Griswold, Roe and Lawrence.

P.S.: To revisit my "parallel universe" thought experiment. Would you be as supportive of the sheriff's department tactics if (in a parallel universe without Lawrence where gay sex is still criminalized in Florida) they clandestinely recorded gay men having sex and, finding no other wrongdoing, used these recordings to prosecute these men for having gay sex?

How else is a transaction that doesn't require speech to be recorded other than by video?

How else is a transaction that doesn't require speech to be recorded other than by video?
Doesn't make it any less of a government intrusion and a violation of privacy. But I guess it's ok if it allows Florida to prosecute a few hundred misdemeanor "crimes" :rolleyes:
And you are still evading the question if you would approve of these invasive, heavy-handed tactics if it was to prosecute something you personally approve of - like gay sex.

They video’d an illegal brothel where there wasn’t supposed to be nudity.
People are usually nude when they get a massage. Under a sheet, for sure, but they disrobe in the room. And sheriff's department was watching. But all is good, because you regressive, illiberal left-wing authoritarians do not think there should be any limits on police power in order to stamp out sex work ...

Sounds like someone is getting nervous.
Which is not an argument why what Florida is doing is in any way acceptable. Again, would you support intrusive government surveillance to stamp out things like gay sex before Lawrence? Gay sex was against the law once too, you know.

Seriously dude. You must think we are rather dumb to believe that your concern over this is anything but self-preservation.

The Police need a warrant to video surveil the premise. I’m pretty certain the Judge would take all of this into account.

Seriously dude. You must think we are rather dumb to believe that your concern over this is anything but self-preservation.
No. I think you are rather dumb because you are willing to jettison all truly liberal principles just because you want to see people who engage in sex work be persecuted.
Just because I may be affected by these tactics at some point does not mean that I do not also have a principled objection to tactics used.
You would not have dismissed a gay man posting about Florida using such tactics to ensnare gay men. So why dismiss me?

The Police need a warrant to video surveil the premise. I’m pretty certain the Judge would take all of this into account.
And I am sure police never misrepresented matters (like pretend a garden variety sex sting is about "human trafficking") in order to get a warrant. In this case, there is definite reason for concern about the warrant as well, as I have posted about repeatedly.
Again, I find it amazing how you people turn into full-on authoritarians on this issue. :bnaghead:

Doesn't make it any less of a government intrusion and a violation of privacy. But I guess it's ok if it allows Florida to prosecute a few hundred misdemeanor "crimes" :rolleyes:
And you are still evading the question if you would approve of these invasive, heavy-handed tactics if it was to prosecute something you personally approve of - like gay sex.

I'm actually in favor of legal prostitution. I'm just questioning you why you think they went overboard on an investigation of criminality.

The investigation worked. They caught criminals. If the investigation went overboard, I'm sure a guy with Kraft's money will be able to afford a lawyers to convince the judge and jury of that. Frankly, I don't see it, but IANAL.

No. I think you are rather dumb because you are willing to jettison all truly liberal principles just because you want to see people who engage in sex work be persecuted.
Just because I may be affected by these tactics at some point does not mean that I do not also have a principled objection to tactics used.
You would not have dismissed a gay man posting about Florida using such tactics to ensnare gay men. So why dismiss me?

And I am sure police never misrepresented matters (like pretend a garden variety sex sting is about "human trafficking") in order to get a warrant. In this case, there is definite reason for concern about the warrant as well, as I have posted about repeatedly.
Again, I find it amazing how you people turn into full-on authoritarians on this issue. :bnaghead:
Extremely dumb.

You have provided no info indicating the surveillance was illegal.

Derec said:
It's from another post I wrote in this thread yesterday. A "parallel universe" thought experiment where the sheriff's department targeted gay people having sex in Jupiter, and not hand-job giving masseuses and their customers.
So, you are babbling on about babbling.

Derec said:
You really have a hard time following along, do you?
When it comes to babbling, yes.

Derec said:
Used to be a time when self-identified "liberals" and "progressives" were against police overreach/abuse of powers and in favor of the Fourth Amendment. I miss that time. Just like I miss the time when self-identified "liberals" and "progressives" were in favor of free speech and the First Amendment.
Something tells me if this was not about going after men who purchase illegal sex that your level of indignation and concern would be much much lower. Their surveillance was legal - get over it.

Derec said:
I do not need to be one. The prosecutor was quite clear and explicit.
Yes, which is why anyone who can read English understands you are promoting your conclusion as a fact.

Not a false statement.

Yeah. It was.

But initial suspicions are not always born out by evidence.

Which is why there are investigations. To gather information, facts. Usually involves warrants.

And where do you get the idea that sheriffs are not political? A sheriff is as much an elected official as the DA.

Different jobs, different pressure, different kinds of accountability. A DA is much more political.

And there is another issue - the very intrusive and legally highly questionable video surveillance inside massage rooms. The warrant was given for human trafficking, not garden variety prostitution. Hence, the sheriff has a vested interest in insisting this is human trafficking no matter what the evidence shows. The prosecutor, however, is more independent of the investigations and thus more likely to be objective here.

Yes, investigations into human trafficking and prostitution (illegal in FL, no?) are often quite intrusive. I imagine that clients would find it upsetting for many reasons.
The prosecutor is not 'likely to be more objective.' The prosecutor is much more likely to respond to more considerable and direct political pressure and is generally scored on number of cases which are won. A loss in a big case (and this one got tons of publicity with famous rich people involved) would be a huge negative. I imagine the political pressure to not move forward with charges was immense, given who was among the clients.

It's really interesting that you feel that Sweden is quite repressive.
It was partly tongue in cheek. Overall they are not, but on the issue of sex work, they most certainly are. And yet it still happens. I should have used Iceland instead maybe as they are even worse - they even banned strip clubs!

You and I simply view the issues differently. You think that men should be able to purchase sex with women whenever they want. I think a lot more about what it says about a society where one class of individuals can purchase intimate services from a different class of individuals in an industry which has a long history that is rife with physical, psychological and sexual abuse, coercion and violence and where the workers typically use drugs to get them through the day. Best case scenario, sex workers are at high risk of contracting incurable sexually transmitted infections that are life threatening, life changing and extremely expensive to treat and manage. They effectively end the sex worker's career in that industry, leaving her ill prepared for any other work and usually without the means to support herself or gain training for other jobs.

BTW, I also have strong objections to professional boxing, professional football and other careers which are dangerous and put workers at serious work for injury, illness and death.

It's widely regarded as being extremely liberal and progressive.
American version of "liberal", but restricting the freedoms of sex workers and their clients is hardly "liberal" in the true sense of the word. [/quote\]

Oooooh, I'm sooooo scared that Derec doesn't think I'm really liberal! Because we all know that what passes for liberal in the US is fairly conservative by US standards 50 years ago in many respects.

I realize that most people on this board see liberal = smart, educated, cool, good. The better, more evolved way of thinking. Even some people who claim to be very liberal but who actually espouse ideology that I see as pretty conservative and frankly backwards thinking claim that they are the true liberals. I really don't care.

People form opinion, adopt positions (which may change and evolve over time) and claim various labels that they think fit their ideology. No one is pure. Labels are messy and ill fitting and imprecise.

Which is how they should be and why I don't really give a rat's ass about them.

Just because you don't agree with a stance doesn't make it the wrong stance to take or repressive.
If it represses people (and it does), it is a repressive stance.

Prostitution oppresses people. It basically says that one group of people (almost always male) has the right to purchase the intimate services of another group of people (mostly young women and too often minors, including children) for their own sexual gratification and without regard to the sex worker's well being, health, pleasure or desire or willingness and free will to participate.

I see that as pretty repressive.

I find prostitution to be quite repressive and oppressive.
Why? As long as it is consensual sex work, it is repressive and oppressive to tell people what to do with their bodies. It is also oppressive to condemn certain people (me included) to sexlessness.

You have other choices. You just choose not to use them.

Legalization does not mitigate, much less eliminate forced prostitution. Apparently the 'free market' does not eliminate the ills that are commonly associated with prostitution, including the lack of freedom often associated with the practice.
You love to claim that, but have never actually shown it to be true. The numbers you cited are by groups that use the bogus "trafficking = moving for sex work, even if consensually" definition, which will obviously yield high numbers when you legalize sex work.

And you quote numbers cited by pro-prostitution groups. Hardly unbiased. For the record, when I talk about human trafficking, I look at the definitions and standards that legal organizations use. Like the one that Homeland Security uses.

I'll go with Homeland security's definition: Human trafficking is modern-day slavery and involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act.
But it is not the definition anti-trafficking groups use. You can't use their numbers and then pretend their numbers apply to trafficking under this definition.
Also, I would be wary of the word "coercion". It is kind of vague and has been abused by radfems before. Like when Ms. Magazine listed breaking up with a girlfriend who won't have sex with you as "coercing" her. Surely anybody, man or woman, is free to end a sexually unsatisfying relationship!

You are the one who is misapplying words and quotes.

You should not make up shit because you don't like my opinion. It doesn't make you more right and it does make you look less open minded and less intelligent.
I am not making that up. For example, Marriott hotels have "anti-trafficking" policy where they observe their (female, travelling alone) patrons for signs that they may be engaging in sex work and treat any instance of it as "trafficking". No force, fraud or coercion required. This is conflation of all sex work with trafficking, pure and simple.

And then you go off onto another tangent.

I do believe that it is unwise to fuck people you don't actually know well enough to know that they are actually a willing participant. Regardless of whether money changes hands. For one thing, it opens the door to all kinds of valid criminal complaints.
You mean invalid criminal complaints?
What's your solution? Go back to the age where premarital or casual sex are frowned upon?

No, I meant what I said: Having sex with people you don't know well enough to ascertain their willing participation is dangerous. It leaves you legally vulnerable, physically unsafe and also financially at risk.

I disagree with you. I am an actual liberal, in that I support freedom of individuals.

You can tell yourself that all you want, little man. Everybody who reads your posts knows and understands your positions which are quite anti-female, anti-black, anti-Hispanic and definitely not liberal.

If that's too difficult: to actually be able to ascertain whether the person you intend to have sex with is willing (and legally able to give consent) to have sex with you, you should not be having sex.
And what does that mean in practice? Who should be presumed to be unwilling? All sex workers, according to you. But who else? Any woman who had anyhing to drink? Anybody you've known less than a month?

If you're old enough to have sex, then you are old enough to be responsible enough and mature enough to actually have a conversation. That should include things like consent, birth control, any sexually transmitted infection risks.

I believe the sheriff rather than someone whose job is politically driven.
The sheriff is also an elected official. And he is also closely linked to the sting, and has vested interest in yielding some convictions, especially given the nature of the highly intrusive surveillance.

I imagine he authorized and helped organize and made available resources for the sting. Why would he do that? Perhaps because he had reason to believe that there was human trafficking? Maybe because one of the sex workers managed to make a complaint? What should he do except investigate? Wait until after hours so that Trump's buddy isn't embarrassed?

By the way, what do you think of that surveillance? Are you all right with it because it targets sex work?
If warrants were obtained, then the surveillance was legal and given the suspicion of serious violations of human rights involved, I'm glad that the surveillance was carried out and an investigation was conducted. Aren't you? Or are your only objections because it was sex work and it hits a little close to home for you? What if it was drug trafficking? Would you have also objected?

If you force somebody into labor, sexual or otherwise, you are a vile piece of shit and you should go to prison.
Yes you should.

But being a sex worker and hiring a sex worker should be perfectly legal in a free society.

It doesn't seem to work out to actually be a free choice on the part of sex workers.

How do you know that she owns her own massage parlor?
How do we know anything? In this case, I've known her for years and we talked.

Derec talked to a girl!! Good for you!

You must think she must be forced into it because you can't abide the idea that some woman would have paid sex of her own free will. That work is not for everybody, for sure, but those who want to do it should not have nanny-state prohibit them.

I simply asked because I wanted to know how you knew. That's all.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that your attitudes towards the nanny state do not carry over to say, marijuana.

Wrong. I care far more about sex workers than you do about men who, for whatever reason, seek out this kind of companionship.

Really, Derec? Is that what you think? How many posts have I written that directly contradict that opinion? I've lost count but surely it's at least 100.

So you are ok to use intrusive video surveillance to catch people committing low-level misdemeanor crimes that should not be crimes at all? That way lies police state!

Which is why there are investigations. To gather information, facts. Usually involves warrants.
The warrant for the very intrusive surveillance was based on claims of human trafficking. No evidence of human trafficking was found, and these videos should not be used to prosecute low-level prostitution "crimes" and neither should they be released to the public.

Different jobs, different pressure, different kinds of accountability. A DA is much more political.
Again, both are elected offices, and thus both are political.
I agree that they are different jobs. The sheriff's department is much more tightly involved with the investigation and the use of intrusive and likely illegal surveillance.

I see no reason why the prosecutor in this case should be disbelieved that no evidence of human trafficking was uncovered. Especially since he is still gung ho on prosecuting Kraft on the bullshit solicitation charge.
Florida state attorney appeals judge's ruling to exclude Robert Kraft spa surveillance video from trial

The whole thing is a mess, but it shows how ridiculous is it is that the government is policing people getting hand jobs.

Yes, investigations into human trafficking and prostitution (illegal in FL, no?) are often quite intrusive. I imagine that clients would find it upsetting for many reasons.
Using intrusive surveillance to prosecute low-level misdemeanor cases is the road to a police state. And besides, it's completely irresponsible use of tax-payer resources. Esp. when there are actual crimes that they should be focusing on.

The prosecutor is not 'likely to be more objective.' The prosecutor is much more likely to respond to more considerable and direct political pressure and is generally scored on number of cases which are won. A loss in a big case (and this one got tons of publicity with famous rich people involved) would be a huge negative. I imagine the political pressure to not move forward with charges was immense, given who was among the clients.
But the prosecutor is pushing with the case against Kraft, even despite court ruling suppressing the video. And even with all that, he still had to admit that there was no actual evidence for human trafficking and all they are prosecuting is consensual prostitution.

You and I simply view the issues differently.
I know. You are not a true liberal. In fact, you are very illiberal and authoritarian on this issue.

You think that men should be able to purchase sex with women whenever they want.
No. Just whenever they find a woman who they come to an agreement regarding services and price. Both the buyer and seller of sexual services have full agency. Your attitude is robbing the sellers (usually women) of agency by telling them they can't sell a certain service.

I think a lot more about what it says about a society where one class of individuals can purchase intimate services from a different class of individuals
What's wrong with that?

in an industry which has a long history that is rife with physical, psychological and sexual abuse, coercion and violence and where the workers typically use drugs to get them through the day.
You are painting a very unrealistic picture here.

Best case scenario, sex workers are at high risk of contracting incurable sexually transmitted infections that are life threatening,
Actually, where sex work is legal, that risk is very low. By pushing sex work underground, you and other prohibitionists make sex work more dangerous for providers.

And in the case of this massage parlor, the risk is zero because they do hand jobs.

life changing and extremely expensive to treat and manage. They effectively end the sex worker's career in that industry, leaving her ill prepared for any other work and usually without the means to support herself or gain training for other jobs.
There is nothing that says that hookers can't also pursue education or save money for retirement. Now is that easier when sex work is legal and not stigmatized or in the world you support?

BTW, I also have strong objections to professional boxing, professional football and other careers which are dangerous and put workers at serious work for injury, illness and death.
So just like you want to jail people who hire hookers, do you want to jail people who watch boxing and Am. football?

Oooooh, I'm sooooo scared that Derec doesn't think I'm really liberal!
Well you are not. Not by any meaningful definition of the word.

Because we all know that what passes for liberal in the US is fairly conservative by US standards 50 years ago in many respects.
I am not talking about that. "Liberal" in the US has just come to mean "left of center". Which allows illiberals like you to call themselves "liberal" even though what you seek is to restrict freedoms of people you don't like.

I realize that most people on this board see liberal = smart, educated, cool, good. The better, more evolved way of thinking. Even some people who claim to be very liberal but who actually espouse ideology that I see as pretty conservative and frankly backwards thinking claim that they are the true liberals. I really don't care.
Root word of liberal is liberty. Not leftism. American liberalism is really a misnomer.

Which is how they should be and why I don't really give a rat's ass about them.
Especially when you want to hide the fact that you are really an illiberal authoritarian.

Prostitution oppresses people.
Allowing people to choose for themselves to buy and sell sexual services does not oppress people. Prohibiting them from freely engaging in sexual activities because the government does not approve of the reason they do them does.
Just like it was oppressive for the government to criminalize gay sex, or sex between unmarried people, so it is oppressive for the government to criminalize sex work.

It basically says that one group of people (almost always male) has the right to purchase the intimate services of another group of people (mostly young women and too often minors, including children) for their own sexual gratification and without regard to the sex worker's well being, health, pleasure or desire or willingness and free will to participate.
No it does not. It says that people have the right to purchase "intimate services" of another group of people as long as they are willing sellers.
Nobody is advocating buying sexual services from children or unwilling people. That's like being against decriminalizing gay sex by lumping it together with (child) rape. It's deeply dishonest.

I see that as pretty repressive.
I see your equating consensual with forced sex work as pretty disingenuous. Not to mention repressive in its outcome.

You have other choices. You just choose not to use them.
Like what?

And you quote numbers cited by pro-prostitution groups. Hardly unbiased. For the record, when I talk about human trafficking, I look at the definitions and standards that legal organizations use. Like the one that Homeland Security uses.
But the bogus stats are not based on that definition, as I have shown repeatedly.

You are the one who is misapplying words and quotes.
No, I am not. I am not the one who thinks paying somebody for a service is automatically "coercive". But prohibitionists like to argue that way in order to manipulate the numbers.

And then you go off onto another tangent.
It's not a tangent. It's an example of consensual any sex work is being conflated with "trafficking".

No, I meant what I said: Having sex with people you don't know well enough to ascertain their willing participation is dangerous. It leaves you legally vulnerable, physically unsafe and also financially at risk.
But given that consensual sex work is banned too, one is placing themselves at risk even if the partner is perfectly willing.
That's the situation you want - where septuagenarian widowers are being persecuted by powers that be for getting a hand job.

You can tell yourself that all you want, little man. Everybody who reads your posts knows and understands your positions which are quite anti-female, anti-black, anti-Hispanic and definitely not liberal.
Wrong. My positions are perfectly liberal. Just because I am against discriminating in favor of blacks and hispanics in college admissions does not make me anti these people for example.
On the other hand, you want to prohibit individuals from exchanging sexual services for money. That is illiberal.

If you're old enough to have sex, then you are old enough to be responsible enough and mature enough to actually have a conversation. That should include things like consent, birth control, any sexually transmitted infection risks.
Of course. What does that have to do with blanket bans on sex work that you are in favor of? Nobody benefits from those except busybody moralizers from both right and left.

I imagine he authorized and helped organize and made available resources for the sting. Why would he do that? Perhaps because he had reason to believe that there was human trafficking? Maybe because one of the sex workers managed to make a complaint? What should he do except investigate? Wait until after hours so that Trump's buddy isn't embarrassed?
The problem is that they used probably illegal surveillance and found no evidence of human trafficking. And instead of dropping it, they are pushing to use these very intrusive videos to punish people for getting hand jobs.

If warrants were obtained, then the surveillance was legal and given the suspicion of serious violations of human rights involved, I'm glad that the surveillance was carried out and an investigation was conducted. Aren't you? Or are your only objections because it was sex work and it hits a little close to home for you? What if it was drug trafficking? Would you have also objected?

If surveillance was authorized based on suspicion of drug trafficking and all they could find was evidence of misdemeanor marijuana possession, I do not think that surveillance should be used, as evidence of crimes for which the surveillance warrants were obtained were not found.

In other words: no judge would authorize video surveillance for investigation of solicitation (or misdemeanor possession). Therefore, the videoes should not be used for that purpose. Neither should the threats of release of the videos be used to intimidate suspects.

It doesn't seem to work out to actually be a free choice on the part of sex workers.
You keep repeating that like a mantra but that does not make it any more true.

Derec talked to a girl!! Good for you!
What do you mean? I talk to many women. It's not like I am an early seasons Raj Koothrappali. :)

BTW, I'm pretty sure that your attitudes towards the nanny state do not carry over to say, marijuana.
I think it certainly should be legal.
And the worst thing we could do is adopt a kind of "Swedish model" where we only persecute end users but treat dealers like "victims". :)

Really, Derec? Is that what you think? How many posts have I written that directly contradict that opinion? I've lost count but surely it's at least 100.

You want to see me in jail for having consensual sex just because I left some money on the dresser. Your views on this matter are as explicit as they are illiberal.

So you are ok to use intrusive video surveillance to catch people committing low-level misdemeanor crimes that should not be crimes at all? That way lies police state!

Watsa matter? Afraid your peen will end up in a video in a courtroom?

Typical non-response. Again, I thought "liberals" were supposed to be against government overreach. But then again, those who call themselves "liberal" in US are usually anything but.

Typical non-response. Again, I thought "liberals" were supposed to be against government overreach. But then again, those who call themselves "liberal" in US are usually anything but.

I don't think it was over reach. I think that surely it would be embarrassing to be caught up in such an investigation in any way. I would NOT approve of tapes of anyone giving or receiving intimate services being released to the general public or in any way other than actual need to know.

I thought that was a male rite of passage.

#notallmaleritesofpassage

I don't think it was over reach. I think that surely it would be embarrassing to be caught up in such an investigation in any way. I would NOT approve of tapes of anyone giving or receiving intimate services being released to the general public or in any way other than actual need to know.
Of course it's overreach. That's why the court suppressed that evidence and why the case is on the ropes.
It's funny how faux-liberals criticize things like NSA metadata to catch terrorists but support recording massages to catch people giving and receiving handjobs, which is only a misdemeanor and should not be against the law anyway (in fact I hold that anti-sex work laws are unconstitutional based on the same emanations from the penumbras that gave us Griswold, Roe and Lawrence). There is something out of wack in your value system here.
Also:

Legal Experts: Warrant Used in Kraft Case Meant to Catch Terrorists, Not Johns

Newsmax said:
Police and prosecutors overreached by misusing a "sneak-and-peek" warrant meant to capture terrorists to arrest New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, legal experts told The Palm Beach Post in a weekend report.
[...]
The warrant was "completely uncalled for," said John Wesley Hall, former president of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, calling it "an abuse of prosecutorial power and an abuse of police power."

Your hatred of all forms of sex work is blinding you to this obvious government overreach.

More about the shadiness of the sheriff's department in this case.
Deputies urge woman in Robert Kraft case to say she was trafficked
WTHR said:
The Chinese masseuse shrinks into her chair as the Florida sheriff's detective tells her deputies installed hidden cameras in her spa's ceiling. He knows she and other women had sex with men for money.
But you can save yourself, Martin County Detective Mike Fenton and others tell her. We will give you an apartment. We will provide food and education. We will bring your children to the United States.
Just tell us you are a human-trafficking victim and testify against your captors.

They are basically offering very valuable inducements for these women to claim they were victims of "human trafficking". That makes any testimony pretty worthless, as it is basically the result of a bribe. I do not believe the sheriff and the other investigators involved believed these women were genuine victims. They probably believed that in the beginning, but at this time they must have know that they weren't, and are just trying to salvage their case.

This sheriff's department needs to sued hard by all the real victims - customers of this establishment whether they were accused of soliciting or not.

I suspect Toni et al. will defend this practice and claim that there is nothing wrong with bribing women to say they were "victims" of human trafficking. Anything to inflate numbers.
Btw, meanwhile in Georgia.
Based on extenstive interviews conducted during the investigation, investigators determined no victims of human trafficking were involved. The suspects had previous arrests for similar charges in other states, including Texas, New York, Hawaii and Pennsylvania.

Our Uncle LEOs don't even bother to pretend that there is any trafficking going on or that they are persecuting anything but consensual sex work.

Who was harmed by these businesses? Nobody! The only harm is that hard-working women and one customer were arrested for something that should not be against the law in the first place.

Last edited:
How come when some police officer shoots an unarmed civilian, it is you cannot use hindsight, you must judge the situation with the information the officer had on hand but when it involves prostitution and possible sex trafficking, hindsight and "they must have known" is perfectly appropriate?

How come when some police officer shoots an unarmed civilian,
"Unarmed civilian" does not mean he (or she) is not a threat or that the shooting is unjustified.
That said, when police officer makes a mistake he (or she) usually does get charged and the city pays out millions. Hell, often the city pays millions even when police made no mistake at all.
So why shouldn't the county be paying up for this fuck-up by its sheriff?

it is you cannot use hindsight, you must judge the situation with the information the officer had on hand but when it involves prostitution and possible sex trafficking, hindsight and "they must have known" is perfectly appropriate?
Making a mistake is one thing. Persisting in it is quite another. When they realized the mistake, they should have destroyed all the evidence obtained under the "trafficking" warrant and they should not have tried to bribe the sex workers into lying that they were "trafficked" just to avoid having to admit that they made a mistake.

How come you and other prohibitionists have much more empathy for violent thugs than for people getting a massage with a happy ending?

Back
Top Bottom