• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

One week later...

:censored2: Jets! I've been waiting fifty one :censored2: years for those :censored2: bloody wretched :censored2: bastards to win the Super Bowl again. I was bloody five :censored2: years old when Broadway Joe pulled off a miracle. So what do I get for becoming an instant and :censored2: devoted :censored2: Jets fan? Five :censored2: decades of bloody wretched miserable :censored2: hopelessness and bloody :censored2: despair!

Friends of mine became Cowboys fans, Dolphins fans, Steelers fans - bloody :censored2: winners! Me? I get the pathetic bloody miserable wretched :censored2: Jets! All those wasted :censored2: years! All that :censored2: popcorn, all those bloody wretched little :censored2: wieners wrapped in bisquit, all those bloody :censored2: Pringles, hot wings, and bloody miserable cans of :censored2: beer, all for :censored2: nothing! What a bloody miserable wretched waste of a half a :censored2: century! What a bloody wretched miserable :censored2: waste of a bloody wretched miserable :censored2: life!

(with thanks to Monty Python.)

Go Jets! :joy:

Yea, I'm sorry to say that you guys don't look so good. Being a Pac-12 guy, I really like Sam Darnold. Looks like the Jets will get the number one draft pick. Do you think they should draft Lawrence (whom some people say will be the next messiah!) or trade down, get a boat load of draft picks, and get some talent around Darnold?

Well, I've always been into giving people a chance, but I think Darnold has had plenty of opportunity to show some chops, with scant results, albeit there was a decent rally toward the end of last season with three high scoring wins consecutively - but still nothing to raise Darnold above mediocrity.

I watched a game with Trevor Lawrence on YouTube, and he might add excitement. I actually haven't followed that closely to offer any real informed insights. I work all day Sundays, and all I know is the Jets are losing. :mad: But a fan since '69, I am eminently accustomed to that!

I live in a family of devoted Jets fans. My mother always tells her doctors that she can't die until the Jets win the SB again. She may have found the key to immortality.

I watched a good deal of last night's game and, well yes they lost, but Darnold looks fine. I think the team has a future.

One week later...

:censored2: Jets! I've been waiting fifty one :censored2: years for those :censored2: bloody wretched :censored2: bastards to win the Super Bowl again. I was bloody five :censored2: years old when Broadway Joe pulled off a miracle. So what do I get for becoming an instant and :censored2: devoted :censored2: Jets fan? Five :censored2: decades of bloody wretched miserable :censored2: hopelessness and bloody :censored2: despair!

Friends of mine became Cowboys fans, Dolphins fans, Steelers fans - bloody :censored2: winners! Me? I get the pathetic bloody miserable wretched :censored2: Jets! All those wasted :censored2: years! All that :censored2: popcorn, all those bloody wretched little :censored2: wieners wrapped in bisquit, all those bloody :censored2: Pringles, hot wings, and bloody miserable cans of :censored2: beer, all for :censored2: nothing! What a bloody miserable wretched waste of a half a :censored2: century! What a bloody wretched miserable :censored2: waste of a bloody wretched miserable :censored2: life!

(with thanks to Monty Python.)

Go Jets! :joy:

Yea, I'm sorry to say that you guys don't look so good. Being a Pac-12 guy, I really like Sam Darnold. Looks like the Jets will get the number one draft pick. Do you think they should draft Lawrence (whom some people say will be the next messiah!) or trade down, get a boat load of draft picks, and get some talent around Darnold?

Well, I've always been into giving people a chance, but I think Darnold has had plenty of opportunity to show some chops, with scant results, albeit there was a decent rally toward the end of last season with three high scoring wins consecutively - but still nothing to raise Darnold above mediocrity.

I watched a game with Trevor Lawrence on YouTube, and he might add excitement. I actually haven't followed that closely to offer any real informed insights. I work all day Sundays, and all I know is the Jets are losing. :mad: But a fan since '69, I am eminently accustomed to that!

I live in a family of devoted Jets fans. My mother always tells her doctors that she can't die until the Jets win the SB again. She may have found the key to immortality.

Well, the players around Darnold are awful. Maybe the worst supporting cast in the NFL. Actually, I'll go on a limb and say that it is the worst group! Terrible offensive line. No receivers. I like the slot guy, but that's it. Lawrence does seem like the second coming. However, in football, you have to have a supporting cast. A great QB can take an average NFL team to the super bowl (seattle, green bay are examples). An average QB can take a great team to the super bowl (Baltimore with Flaco, Philadelphia, qnd etc); but a great QB can't elevate a terrible team on his own. If I were the Jets, I'd trade the top spot for a ton of draft picks and rebuild their offensive line.

Darnold did a good footballing.

[YOUTUBE]kk1el0M85mY[/YOUTUBE]

So Cam Newton, among others diagnosed with Covid. Pats game delayed.

I'm excited to watch my Seattle Seahawks play Miami today. Wilson is amazing. But also excited to watch the Rams today with Herbert.

Okay, Pats game delayed 24 hours because apparently that is "safe"

???.

???.

I know. It's absurd. The false negative rate within a few days of exposure is over 50%, and even higher for the same day "rapid" tests they are doing. There is good chance some on the plane are infected. To risk infection, especially of the league's best player and team, over what will likely be a blowout with a forgone conclusion is absurd. OTOH, the realize that the move they made with the Steelers cannot be a standard response to postive tests, b/c it will become impossible to arrange very quickly.

???.

I know. It's absurd. The false negative rate within a few days of exposure is over 50%, and even higher for the same day "rapid" tests they are doing. There is good chance some on the plane are infected. To risk infection, especially of the league's best player and team, over what will likely be a blowout with a forgone conclusion is absurd. OTOH, the realize that the move they made with the Steelers cannot be a standard response to postive tests, b/c it will become impossible to arrange very quickly.

BTW, I realize the quality of player and team they are risking isn't relevant ethically, but from a NFL profit/business standpoint (the only values they care about) it is.

So another Patriot (CB Gilmore), a couple Titans, the Washington QB, the list is small, but growing. The NFL is losing grasp on this. Got to wonder what College Football is thinking at the moment. Big Ten closes shop back up when?

So another Patriot (CB Gilmore), a couple Titans, the Washington QB, the list is small, but growing. The NFL is losing grasp on this. Got to wonder what College Football is thinking at the moment. Big Ten closes shop back up when?

Yeah, it was a near 100% certainty that the NFL was putting infected Pats on a plane to go infect another team. Their lack of regard for the false negative rates during early days of infection is going to snowball into a clusterfuck.

Got to give Belichick credit. It must have been hard not to keep Covid a secret, infect the rest of the NFL and Super Bowl by default. :D

Do the Patriots suck?! Many people in America must be thinking 2020 is redeeming itself at the moment with the Patriots offense consisting of Julian Edelman. The team that wasn't able to provide enough targets for Brady last year doesn't seem to have improved in that category, and Cam Newton is in need of a breakout game to establish himself as a viable starting QB. There seems to be more holes on the Patriots team than swiss chess, though, and it is hard to tell if a decent Cam Newton could even make up for that... but throwing 3 INTs definitely is not going to win football games, usually.

Meanwhile, the Browns beat the Bengals in a back and forth matchup to culminated in an incredible reception in the end zone with 11 seconds remaining in the game for the Browns, who themselves had just gone down in a late Bengals score. The game was as good a showing of offense as it was a poor showing of defense. Browns are establishing themselves right now as a decent team, and continue to grow and develop. Not winning a Super Bowl this year, but with a very weak AFC east, playoffs are still possible. The Browns appear to be finally moving in the right direciton.

Do the Patriots suck?! Many people in America must be thinking 2020 is redeeming itself at the moment with the Patriots offense consisting of Julian Edelman. The team that wasn't able to provide enough targets for Brady last year doesn't seem to have improved in that category, and Cam Newton is in need of a breakout game to establish himself as a viable starting QB. There seems to be more holes on the Patriots team than swiss chess, though, and it is hard to tell if a decent Cam Newton could even make up for that... but throwing 3 INTs definitely is not going to win football games, usually.

Meanwhile, the Browns beat the Bengals in a back and forth matchup to culminated in an incredible reception in the end zone with 11 seconds remaining in the game for the Browns, who themselves had just gone down in a late Bengals score. The game was as good a showing of offense as it was a poor showing of defense. Browns are establishing themselves right now as a decent team, and continue to grow and develop. Not winning a Super Bowl this year, but with a very weak AFC east, playoffs are still possible. The Browns appear to be finally moving in the right direciton.

Yeah, I think the AFC North is the strongest division in the NFL right now, b/c the Steelers and Ravens are both Superbowl contenders. But Browns just got worse without OBJ for the rest of the season. Cleveland can't catch a break.

The Browns are bigger than OBJ, so the injury isn't positive, but I expect them not to be harmed much by it... if Chubbs hadn't got injured.

The Browns are bigger than OBJ, so the injury isn't positive, but I expect them not to be harmed much by it... if Chubbs hadn't got injured.

Chubb is important, but they got destroyed and only scored 6 and 7 points against the only two teams they played with decent defense. Colts are the only team they've beaten that is even mediocre. That said, Browns still have a good chance of making the playoffs b/c of the expanded format and b/c 5 of their remaining 9 games are against the worst in the league with a total of 5 combined wins (and almost all those only b/c they played each other and someone had to win).

Yea, they suck! Sorry! I was excited about the seahawks. Love Russell Wilson. But our defense is just terrible. Awful. Maye the worst in the NFL.

As a Duck, very cool to watch the Chargers! Herbert is awesome. He's my pick for rookie of the year (Burrows is awesome also).

I don't mind. Too many Super Bowl appearances. I hated the Bills when I was younger, but I can be happy if they do well. Josh Allen is pretty good.

EGYmJ9YWwAEJm67.jpg

Back
Top Bottom