• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

I thought Romo did a good job explaining how when Brady wasn't necessarily hit or brushed, how the pressure was affecting his throwing form.

I thought Romo did a good job explaining how when Brady wasn't necessarily hit or brushed, how the pressure was affecting his throwing form.

I don't like Romo as a commentator, he talks way too much for my liking. But I watched his pre game show where he was yukking it up with former coaches and players and I thought he was very likable. Didn't take himself too seriously. He was discussing one of the first times he took a snap for the Cowboys and lost possession, TWICE. He was pretty funny about it. Seems like a nice fella but his commentary is too much for me.

I liked the time in the game where that one team punted. That was really exciting.

Some hilarious headlines from The Onion about the Superbowl:

"Superbowl Halftime Show Marred by Functioning Sound System"

"Bill Belichick's Challenge Flag Turns Into a Swarm of Snakes When It Hits the Ground."

"Following Sixth Superbowl Victory, Giant Demonic Hand Bursts Out Of Ground, Drags Bill Belichick Back To Hell"

"Roger Goodell Dumps Box with Broken Pieces of Lombardi Trophy in Front of Tom Brady." (I assume that is in reference to the cell phone Brady coincidentally destroyed the day before his scheduled meeting with Wells during the deflate-gate investigation).

Pretty good game even if I didn't like the outcome. Just glad I wasn't eating when the Mint Mobile commercial with "Chunky Style Milk" came on. Made me want to blow chunks.

Because their player lined up offsides on an interception, and because the ot rules are unfair.

So the Chiefs ripped themselves off???

The OT rules are fine as is. The very same day, in the early game, that game too went to OT. The Saints won the toss, but then lost.

And as so many assholes felt fond of saying that "good teams overcome bad calls" after The Tuck Rule, I say the same thing to the Saints and their fans. Tough titties.

What if the Saints run the ball on 1st down instead of throwing it when they were inside the Rams 20 on that last drive? That stopped the clock which ended up giving the Rams just enough time to come back and score to send it into OT. What if the Saints D stops the Rams offense on the Rams final drive? What if Drew Brees doesn't throw the ball up for grabs in OT? How about the Saints don't blow a 13-0 lead? How about if the Saints get touchdowns instead of field goals on those early turnovers?

There were multiple times the Saints could've put the game away, but failed to do so.

Fuck 'em.

One way I would tweak the OT rules that would actually have zero effect on the way overtime is played is this: Instead of flipping the coin at the end of regulation to see who gets the ball first, flip the coin at the beginning of regulation instead. That way if a team is behind late in the 4th quarter and they're facing a "go for the tie or the win" situation, a lot of teams who know they're not getting the ball first in overtime would more likely opt for the win. After all, if you're going to leave such a critical decision to a coin flip, both teams should know about it before the game even starts.

On what grounds would he bar it? You guys think there were shenanigans?

True. Belichick is unusually thorough. It is actually plausible he has contracts laying around for 100 or so top prospects that might unforeseeably become available. That way, with the paperwork on hand, instant signing.

It is incredible that the guy is only ineligible to play for just one week.

Brown is a clown. Patriots fix clowns. Perfect acquire. $15 rather than $29 mill. Way to go Pats. Probably something not right with Brown. After all he's been in the wars for several years now. Pittsburgh is known as tough skill on players. Gotta be a problem somewhere.

True. Belichick is unusually thorough. It is actually plausible he has contracts laying around for 100 or so top prospects that might unforeseeably become available. That way, with the paperwork on hand, instant signing.

Well, it remains to be seen whether the NFL itself suspends him for threatening violence and use of a racist slur. They could easily justify an 8 week suspension for that. That would be a hilarious addition to the Godel - Pats saga.

Well, it remains to be seen whether the NFL itself suspends him for threatening violence and use of a racist slur. They could easily justify an 8 week suspension for that. That would be a hilarious addition to the Godel - Pats saga.
I wouldn’t say that. I’m all for Brown not starting a game with the Pats without compensation to the Raiders, at least in kind draft picks the Raiders spent.

I wouldn’t say that. I’m all for Brown not starting a game with the Pats without compensation to the Raiders, at least in kind draft picks the Raiders spent.

You wouldn't say that threatening violence against a fellow member of the league and using a racist slur against them warrants a multi-game suspension?

So I want to apologize for the Patriots starting up so well yesterday. It must be hard for some of you. If Gordon stays sober, the Patriots look quite dangerous. Without him... still very good.

You wouldn't say that threatening violence against a fellow member of the league and using a racist slur against them warrants a multi-game suspension?
I really have no idea what incident you are talking about, but yeah, that probably deserves a suspension too. My initial complaint is that this deal pretty much screwed Oakland and it can't be let to stand as-is. If Brown has other violations, by all means, suspension it up. I was also more saying that it wouldn't be as hilarious as it'd be completely justified (suspension, losing picks to Oakland, etc...)

Leave it to the Lions to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Watched the Patriots season opener last night for the first time with NFL Game Pass. Turns out they're a pretty good team?

Also watched a bit of the Chiefs game, which was entertaining.

It is early, but it appears that the Super Bowl will be interesting... if not played during the AFC Championship game.

Back
Top Bottom