• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

Watched the Patriots season opener last night for the first time with NFL Game Pass. Turns out they're a pretty good team?

Indeed. I've been hearing some good things about that Tom Brady - looks like he may have a future in football.

Here is an incredible stat, in years Brady hasn't won the Super Bowl, he is 12-10 in the playoffs. He has a winning record in the playoffs when he didn't win the Super Bowl. I presume the list of other QBs that can say that is extremely short.

How about this stat that I heard yesterday; The Cardinal's Larry Fitzgerald has more tackles than dropped passes. Says something about how his QBs have thrown some errant passes also I suppose.

The Cowboys had a good game, even with Zeke not being used as much as usual, due to lack of conditioning. Dak had a statistically "perfect" game, although I'm not sure what that means exactly. The defense, which was supposed to be the rock that anchored the team, showed some holes, allowing some big plays and allowing a final Giants' drive and TD in garbage time when they apparently let up. The question is, how bad are the Giants really? Should Cowboys fans really be as fired up as we feel today? We play the Pats in New England Nov 24th. We should know by then what kind of a team we have really.

I really have no idea what incident you are talking about, but yeah, that probably deserves a suspension too.

You missed the "performance art" when he confronted his General Manager last week and threatened to assault him? And had to be dragged away by, of all people, Vontaze Burfict?

How about today, when he "liked" a tweet that advocated for that same GM to be raped?

Here is an incredible stat, in years Brady hasn't won the Super Bowl, he is 12-10 in the playoffs. He has a winning record in the playoffs when he didn't win the Super Bowl. I presume the list of other QBs that can say that is extremely short.

Joe Flacco 6-5; surprisingly, same % as Brady.

Ravens ... they did what they were supposed to do. It doesn't tell us much about how good they actually are, but that will be revealed in the next 3 weeks.

Lamar Jackson's throwing mechanics have taken a quantum leap. He was hitting everyone in stride, even when he was on the run.

Steelers looked exquisitely bad. Roethlisberger appeared to be wearing lead boots; he may be done, but I won't throw dirt on his grave yet.

Watched the Patriots season opener last night for the first time with NFL Game Pass. Turns out they're a pretty good team?

Indeed. I've been hearing some good things about that Tom Brady - looks like he may have a future in football.

It is early, but it appears that the Super Bowl will be interesting... if not played during the AFC Championship game.

I know everybody hates them, but I watch sports for the dynasties and great athletes.

How many titles the Patriots can win, and how far Brady can go before he declines are interesting questions.

That is likely includes years he won Super Bowl. Brady is 12-10 in playoffs in years he didn’t win the Super Bowl. He is 30-12 overall.

I really have no idea what incident you are talking about, but yeah, that probably deserves a suspension too.

You missed the "performance art" when he confronted his General Manager last week and threatened to assault him? And had to be dragged away by, of all people, Vontaze Burfict?

How about today, when he "liked" a tweet that advocated for that same GM to be raped?
I don’t pay much attn until the season starts. and usually ignore the drama. But this guy sounds like a piece of work and ignoring that stuff will be tough until the suspension.

That is likely includes years he won Super Bowl. Brady is 12-10 in playoffs in years he didn’t win the Super Bowl. He is 30-12 overall.

It does not. He’s 10-5 overall; subtract the 4 games from his Super Bowl year, and he’s 6-5. And he’s never lost a first round game.

It does not. He’s 10-5 overall; subtract the 4 games from his Super Bowl year, and he’s 6-5. And he’s never lost a first round game.
So that takes the list up to three, I think.

Well, it remains to be seen whether the NFL itself suspends him for threatening violence and use of a racist slur. They could easily justify an 8 week suspension for that. That would be a hilarious addition to the Godel - Pats saga.
I wouldn’t say that. I’m all for Brown not starting a game with the Pats without compensation to the Raiders, at least in kind draft picks the Raiders spent.

Let's say he refused to play and never signed with anyone, would Raiders be expected to get draft picks back?

I guess I don't hate the Patriots enough to think this was collusion. I chalk it up to a combination of a human meltdown mixed with a loser franchise resulting in them incompetently losing another top player like they did last year with Mack and a winning franchise being competent in scavenging him.

Well, it remains to be seen whether the NFL itself suspends him for threatening violence and use of a racist slur. They could easily justify an 8 week suspension for that. That would be a hilarious addition to the Godel - Pats saga.
I wouldn’t say that. I’m all for Brown not starting a game with the Pats without compensation to the Raiders, at least in kind draft picks the Raiders spent.

Let's say he refused to play and never signed with anyone, would Raiders be expected to get draft picks back?

I guess I don't hate the Patriots enough to think this was collusion. I chalk it up to a combination of a human meltdown mixed with a loser franchise resulting in them incompetently losing another top player like they did last year with Mack and a winning franchise being competent in scavenging him.

We’ll see if he ever plays for them. Lawsuit now accuses him of three incidents of rape:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/sports/football/antonio-brown-sexual-asssault-patriots.html

Innocent until proven guilty... after the Super Bowl.

And why did this woman wait so long to file this? Didn’t she think of the Raiders and their draft picks?!

Regardless, we’ll see how this turns out. Leaving evidence in the form of text messages is always the first dumb thing to do to cover up a crime.

Well, Brown not only played for the Pats, he scored a touchdown for them. Not that they really needed his help...

Patriot offense is a juggernaut. The only thing they are missing right now is a HoF running back, but they have a competent ground game.

Cleveland taken off mass suicide watch for the moment. With one more certain win against the Dolphins, the Browns fans have something else to look forward to.

Their next six games (Rams, Ravens, 49ers, Seahawks, Patriots, Broncos)... well maybe the Broncos won't be that good. That itself is followed by the Bills and Steelers. But with this stretch in the schedule, it just shows the level of delusion some Browns fans were suffering from when they thought they'd make the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom