• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Noah and the flood

One thing I have wondered about was how much the Ark must have stank to high heaven, so to speak. All the manure and urine.

I wondered who got the duty to shovel the shit overboard.

That's right. That's still my position.

What part of "I don't claim..." are you struggling to comprehend?

If you don't know anything about anything, why are you making claims like this?

Noah’s family (all heterosexuals BTW) spread out and went their separate ways continuing on to live God’s blessing to be fruitful and populate the Earth. And as descendants of Adam, they likely shared his skin pigmentation.

This initial skin pigmentation would be a useful starting point for subsequent variation in skin colour as Ham, Shem and Japheths descendents spread out around the world living in different climates.

How do you know any of this? And how do you justify claims like this when the evidence tells us there was no Biblical flood?

Noah's three sons all had wives and went on to have descendents.
How can that be reconciled with an absurd claim that they were not all heterosexual?

Because it omits the possibility that a homosexual might have married and fathered children in a society that requires that?

You know, just like most homosexuals up to quite recently?

If you need such simple concepts explained to you, if you are so simplistic that your mind cannot process anything more than 2 possibilities, why should I respect your 'opinions' regarding this matter at all?

I couldn't care less about winning your respect.
You are blatantly disingenuous accusing people of dishonesty then expecting them to carry on a dialogue with you.

If you don't know anything about anything, why are you making claims like this?

How do you know any of this? And how do you justify claims like this when the evidence tells us there was no Biblical flood?

Noah's three sons all had wives and went on to have descendents.
How can that be reconciled with an absurd claim that they were not all heterosexual?

That was not my point. I was asking how you knew the planet was repopulated by Noah's descendants. This is what I asked, remember?

I couldn't care less about winning your respect.
You are blatantly disingenuous accusing people of dishonesty then expecting them to carry on a dialogue with you.

So claims the person who won't actually tell us anything about his position or respond in any meaningful way to other posts. Talk about carrying on a dialogue. :rolleyes:

It's also bad faith to feign intent to serious discourse about what happened, how it happened, when it happened, etc.

...then do the pigeon knocking over the chess pieces routine and assert there never was a Flood.
At least phands has the intellectual honesty to say

There was no noah. There was no flood.

Move on.

I was being polite there. I could have just as easily said 'why should I listen to your idiot beliefs?'

I am suggesting you are dishonest, because you seem to be dishonest. The reason that you seem dishonest is because you are very certain of some things, (that benefit your worldview) and claim ignorance of other things (that would be inconvenient for you). This is a hallmark of dishonesty.

You would never let an argument like that slide if it were made in any other context. Suppose I were to say that Ronald Reagan was part of a satanic cult, and had sacrificed a child at a ritual. Then you asked, "when was this?" And I replied "I have no opinion on when it happened." Would you feel my first statement were honest?

From Problems with a Global Flood

How did diseases survive? Many diseases can't survive in hosts other than humans. Many others can only survive in humans and in short-lived arthropod vectors. The list includes typhus, measles, smallpox, polio, gonorrhea, syphilis. For these diseases to have survived the Flood, they must all have infected one or more of the eight people aboard the Ark.

You're not realistically expecting a logical or reasonable answer from LIRC, are you???

There just was no flood. There was no Noah, no ark and no population collapse. Those are facts. The evil bible is garbage folklore.

And if "all things are possible", why the flying fuck can't gawd get rid of satan? The obvious answer is that neither gawd nor satan exist.

Who says typhus existed before the flood?

And he's at it again. Unable to commit to a direct response to the previous post, LIRC posts his non-opinion in the form of a question while hinting that he knows something you don't and that you are a poopyhead for even bringing this up. And if you were to ask him how he knows this, he could respond "Did I make that claim?".

Last edited:
You're not realistically expecting a logical or reasonable answer from LIRC, are you???

I wasn't expecting a response. But as tiresome as it gets, I think it is still the right thing to keep pointing out the dishonest behavior of people, over and over if need be. Sometimes people can be shamed into changing their ways, although I don't hold any real hope for that happening in this case.

Skeptics dislike being asked questions.

Who says typhus existed before the flood?

No Lion IRC!
That's not how it works
You have the burden to disprove the claim that everyone on the Ark MUST have had typhus, measles, smallpox, HIV AIDS, Ebola, SARS...

For the sake of argument....if these diseases did not exist before the Flood or during the Flood, where did they come from?

*plagiarism alert*

Tracing the origins of viruses is difficult because they don't leave fossils and because of the tricks they use to make copies of themselves within the cells they've invaded.

Hey Lion, can you tell me when all this happened?

How long was it from the ark to the tower of Babel, for existence? And the date of the Tower please. Because according to the bible, the races didn't start diverging after the ark, but after the Tower.

Shem fathered Arpachshad 2 years after the flood.
Arpachshad fathered Shelah when he was 35
Shelah fathered Eber when he was 30
Eber fathered Peleg when he was 34
So we have 2 + 35+ 30+ 34 = 101 years. What we are not told is exactly when Babel occured. Gen 10:25 tells us the dispersion occurs in Peleg's day but the details as to when in his day is not noted.
So >= 101 years.

The date of the tower is ~1757 years after the creation.

Thank you, someone who believes in Biblical Chronology.

Do you find it at all strange that the tower would happen so soon after the all destroying flood? What do you think Earth's human population was at that time?

Back
Top Bottom