• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NRA officials met with Russian officials

laughing dog

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Dogs rule
I guess I am out of the loop, but I was surprised to learn that the NRA is being investigated for possible funneling of Russian money into supporting the Trump campaign for the Presidency (hill.com/policy/international/391635-russian-elites-met-with-the-nra-during-in-the-lead-up-to-2016-election). I find it surprising that such an allegedly patriotic organization as the NRA would even meet with Russian officials. If this suspicion is supported by the facts, what do you think this will do the clout of the NRA?

I guess I am out of the loop, but I was surprised to learn that the NRA is being investigated for possible funneling of Russian money into supporting the Trump campaign for the Presidency (hill.com/policy/international/391635-russian-elites-met-with-the-nra-during-in-the-lead-up-to-2016-election). I find it surprising that such an allegedly patriotic organization as the NRA would even meet with Russian officials. If this suspicion is supported by the facts, what do you think this will do the clout of the NRA?

It's been reported for weeks if not months.

I don't expect anything to change with regards to the influence of the NRA. 20 dead six and seven year olds did not matter one iota. It would literally take actual film of NRA leadership sucking the dicks of 5 year old blonde white boys and raping them in the ass in order for there to be even the tiniest bit of outrage.

I agree with Toni. It's pretty intetesting to witness first-hand the effectiveness of disinformation campaigns, and fear mongering. I naively thought this stuff was WW1 history, and society had progressed.

I agree with Toni. It's pretty intetesting to witness first-hand the effectiveness of disinformation campaigns, and fear mongering. I naively thought this stuff was WW1 history, and society had progressed.
2008, well, there is racism in America, but it isn't that bad, and is found mostly in the shadows
2012, well, I guess there was more racism than I was aware of. But luckily we would never elect a Mussolini to power in the US.
2016, no way in heck would America vote for the pussy grabbing sociopathic habitual liar.
2017, Well, at least this handbasket is roomy.

As to ld's question, I doubt it will have any effect at all. People in the NRA could go to prison and obfuscation will lead the way for the right-wing.

People in the NRA could go to prison and obfuscation will lead the way for the right-wing.

Predictions are only difficult when they're about the future. :D

But it's happening right now, on so many fronts. Just using the NRA as an example, how could anyone possibly argue that they aren't using political clout in the form of campaign contributions to further an agenda of putting more guns in the hands of Americans.

The breadbasket right is arguing that they are working on behalf of the safety of US citizens, protecting people from some invisible Communist regime.

That's just a small sample of what's happening.

The US is on the verge of some bad stuff going down, I mean it's underway - and I see outrage but not on any level that will curtail it.

The NRA got into the position that they are in not because they are battling for the Second Amendment and the absolute right for Americans to own guns but because they are battling for the rights of the American gun manufacturers to sell unimpeded the guns that they manufacture. There is a difference. The NRA doesn't worry about the guns that are manufactured overseas or the guns that are banned the American gun manufacturers don't make. In fact, they are happy when these two categories of guns are banned or restricted because it means more gun sales for the American gun manufacturers.

To the NRA this isn't a question of constitutional rights, it is a mercantile one. They depend heavily on the support that they receive from the gun manufacturers. This is why it is so scary that they are now taking contributions from Russia, presumably made with the knowledge and at least the tacit approval of Putin, It would be difficult to argue that Putin and the other oligarchs that control Russia have a principled interest in the rights of private citizens to own guns. But they do have an interest in disrupting our democracy, in creating and increasing partisan divisions in the US and in disrupting the alliances of the Western democracies. And that is best accomplished by electing Donald Trump, which they have accomplished.

It would be difficult to argue that Putin and the other oligarchs that control Russia have a principled interest in the rights of private citizens to own guns.
Yeah, according to Red Dawn, they want us disarmed, or at least with all the guns registered so they know who to shoot.

It would be difficult to argue that Putin and the other oligarchs that control Russia have a principled interest in the rights of private citizens to own guns.
Yeah, according to Red Dawn, they want us disarmed, or at least with all the guns registered so they know who to shoot.

There's no need to shoot anyone if you can just put your own puppet in at the top.

Well, sure. Working with a hostile foreign power is how you know they are the good guys.

Being pro-America makes you an evil libtard. Real patriots are pro-Russia.

Well, sure. Working with a hostile foreign power is how you know they are the good guys.

Being pro-America makes you an evil libtard. Real patriots are pro-Russia.

Next thing you know we'll be cozying up to Oceania. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom