• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged NY Rep Santos (merged from GOP elected that guy in WW84 and GOP are liars)

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
So, the person named George Santos won't run for re-election.

Does that mean he's going to change his name, wear a disguise, so he can run?

Maybe he'll get a hormone shot and run as transgender.
That way, if anyone brings up their history it'll be transphobic.
Tom

So, the person named George Santos won't run for re-election.

Does that mean he's going to change his name, wear a disguise, so he can run?

Maybe he'll get a hormone shot and run as transgender.
That way, if anyone brings up their history it'll be transphobic.
Tom
A pair of Groucho glasses will suffice.
Repugs aren't picky.

It might actually work. Republicans would vote for him with a *nod* *nod* *wink* *wink*, knowing it's really him. And Democrats might vote for him not realizing it's him.

I just read some of that "personal use" of campaign funds was for OnlyFans.
For the GOP, it's not that he was corrupt.

It's that he was caught.

More to the point...he was caught so completely that their usual "well, we have all sinned" thing doesn't even fly.

So they gathered together to expel him from the House. And I typed that all out without spitting on my keyboard in hilarious laughter. If they had another vote on the ethics committee, he'd be good to go.

Kitara Ravache has been booted from congress. He's not happy. He called on of his Republican ex-colleagues a woman beater. I wonder what other secrets he has.

Looks like GOP leaders voted to not expel Santos. This seems to outrage some GOP House members, as it makes the GOP look bad. Mike Johnson, House Speaker voted against booting Santos. Governor Hochul has ten days to call a special election. That then gets held in 90 days.

Former Representative Santos indicated he looks forward to proving his innocence on appeal from prison.

I get the whole issue of not wanting to expel prior to convictions, but the report from the Republican led Ethics panel was about as bad as a report can be without any convictions being involved.
Kitara Ravache has been booted from congress. He's not happy. He called on of his Republican ex-colleagues a woman beater. I wonder what other secrets he has.
Man, Santos managed to make everyone forget about Madison Cawthorne and his allegations on his own way out. The Dems have some silly people in the House, but boy, the GOP has had some real gems recently, and most of them are still in The House.

The resolution: H.Res.878 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): Providing for the expulsion of Representative George Santos from the United States House of Representatives. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
In the text of the resolution is "Whereas the ISC also found that Representative Santos failed to meet his duty of candor with respect to the ISC’s investigation, and instead presented the ISC with misrepresentations and delay tactics;" referring to the Investigative Subcommittee of the House Ethics Committee. Not only did the House Ethics Committee suspect him of numerous misdeeds, he didn't even cooperate with that committee to try to clear his name.

Office of the Clerk, U.S. House of Representatives - Vote Details
Dec 01, 2023, 10:56 AM | 118th Congress, 1st Session
Vote Question: On Agreeing to the Resolution
Providing for the expulsion of Representative George Santos from the United States House of Representatives
Vote Type: 2/3 Yea-And-Nay
R: Y 105, N 112, nv 5
D: Y 206, N 2, P 2, nv 3
Ttl: Y 311, N 114, P 2, nv 8

Among the nonvoters were House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and AOC. I don't know much about the those who voted "Present" or the Democrats who voted against it.

Someone just mentioned that Santos probably expected to lose his election and sneak away with the campaign money. But, mirroring the plot from The Producers, he screwed up in reverse and won. His time in Congress was his “Springtime for Hitler”.

Someone just mentioned that Santos probably expected to lose his election and sneak away with the campaign money. But, mirroring the plot from The Producers, he screwed up in reverse and won. His time in Congress was his “Springtime for Hitler”.
The same was said about Trump. When it was announced he won he looked like he was gut punched. Melania too.

This shows once and for all that the GOP will not tolerate a liar. If you're a liar, go somewhere else. You have no future with the GOP.

If just Republicans had voted, Santos would still be in Congress. Republicans could only dislodge him with almost all the Democrats voting to expel him. Republicans actually cancelled their own House Speaker for passing a bill that could only pass with the help of Democrats. They are not about to do the same to the current whackadoodle Christian fanatic they chose to replace him. The new Speaker, of course, was among the Republicans who voted to keep Santos in Congress. o_O

This shows once and for all that the GOP will not tolerate a liar. If you're a liar, go somewhere else. You have no future with the GOP.

If just Republicans had voted, Santos would still be in Congress.
so like with the speakership the Republicans can blame the Democrats for ejecting one of their members.

Back
Top Bottom