• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged NY Rep Santos (merged from GOP elected that guy in WW84 and GOP are liars)

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Santos makes MTG and Boebert look like responsible politicians. Can Republicans sink any lower? Stay tuned.

Brazilian criminal case to be reopened into George Santos: report
The criminal case in Brazil is connected to allegations he spent almost $700 with a stolen checkbook and a fake name at a clothing store in the city of Niterói outside Rio de Janeiro just before his 20th birthday, the Times reported, citing court records.

He reportedly admitted fraud to the shop owner in August 2009 when he wrote on a popular social media site in Brazil, “I know I screwed up, but I want to pay.”

Then in 2010, he and his mother, who died in 2016, told police he swiped the checkbook from a man his mother used to work for and then made the purchases, the Times reported.
His response?
“I am not a criminal here — not here or in Brazil or any jurisdiction in the world,” Santos said. “Absolutely not. That didn’t happen.”

A lawyer for Santos, Joe Murray, told the Times Monday, “I am in the process of engaging local counsel to address this alleged complaint against my client.”

A lawyer for Santos, Joe Murray, told the Times Monday, “I am in the process of engaging local counsel to address this alleged complaint against my client.”

That's rich. Apparently the complaint is only "alleged." :rolleyes:

George Santos Goes to Washington as His Life of Fantasy Comes Into Focus - The New York Times - "Mr. Santos, under scrutiny for lies about his background, is set to be sworn into Congress on Tuesday even as records, colleagues and friends divulge more about his past."
Earlier this week, Mr. Santos’s lawyer responded to an email asking about his campaign’s unusual spending, saying it was “ludicrous” to suggest the funds had been spent irresponsibly.

Representative James R. Comer of Kentucky, the incoming Republican chair of the House Oversight Committee, told Fox News on Thursday night that he was “pretty confident” that the House Ethics Committee would open an investigation into Mr. Santos. He added, “What Santos has done is a disgrace. He’s lied to the voters.”
I agree.
Mr. Santos told NY1 last month that he hoped to serve on the House Financial Services or Foreign Affairs committees, based on his “14-year background in capital markets” and a “multicultural background.”
That interview: Incoming congressman talks Jan. 6, being a gay Republican
Mr. Santos has said that he grew up in a basement apartment in Jackson Heights, Queens. Until Wednesday, Mr. Santos’s campaign biography said that his mother, Fatima Devolder, worked her way up to become “the first female executive at a major financial institution.” He has also said that she was in the South Tower of the World Trade Center during the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and that she died “a few years later.”

In fact, Ms. Devolder died in 2016, and a Brazilian community newspaper at the time described her as a cook. Mr. Santos’s friends and former roommates recalled her as a hardworking, friendly woman who spoke only Portuguese and made her living cleaning homes and selling food. None of those interviewed by The Times could recall any instance of her working in finance, and several chalked the story up to Mr. Santos’s tendency for mythmaking.
As if making up a heroic biography for himself wasn't good enough, he also did that with his mother.
His apparent fabrications about his own life begin with his claims about his high school. He said he attended Horace Mann School, a prestigious private institution in the Bronx, and said he dropped out in 2006 before graduating and earning an equivalency diploma. A spokesman for Horace Mann said that the school had no record of his attending at all.

By 2008, court records show, Mr. Santos and his mother were living in Brazil, just outside Rio de Janeiro in the city of Niterói. Just a month before his 20th birthday, Mr. Santos entered a small clothing store and spent nearly $700 in 2008 dollars using a stolen checkbook and a false name, court records show.

By that time, he was back in New York, working at a Dish Network call center in College Point, Queens, company records show.

Strikes me that Santos’ charade going so far as him actually getting elected was facilitated by media consolidation and the complete death of local journalism.

They portray Mr. Santos as a striver, whose tendency toward embellishment and one-upsmanship left them with doubts about his many claimed accomplishments.

He told some that he had been a journalist at a famous news organization in Brazil, but none could find his name on its website. He said that he was taking classes at Baruch College, but none of his friends remembered him studying. He bragged of Wall Street glory but often seemed to be short on cash, at times borrowing from friends whom he didn’t always repay.

When he joined a travel technology company called MetGlobal, Mr. Santos portrayed himself as a man with family money. But two former co-workers said that the pay was modest and the work didn’t square with Mr. Santos’s depiction of himself as a financier passing time after bad bets left him on the outs on Wall Street.
GS followed Republican politics, and he attacked Hillary Clinton and former NYC mayor Bill de Blasio.

GS once had a boyfriend.
One who was close to Mr. Santos was Pedro Vilarva. Mr. Vilarva met Mr. Santos in 2014, when he was 18 and Mr. Santos was 26. Mr. Vilarva found him charming and sweet. They dated for a few months before Mr. Santos suggested they move in together. Mr. Vilarva said he felt on top of the world — even if he said he did find himself footing many of the bills.

“He used to say he would get money from Citigroup, he was an investor,” Mr. Vilarva recalled. “One day it’s one thing, one day it’s another thing. He never ever actually went to work,” he said.
What a lazy bum.
Things began to unravel between the two men in early 2015, Mr. Vilarva said, after Mr. Santos surprised him with tickets to Hawaii that turned out not to exist. Around the same time, he said he discovered that his cellphone was missing, and believed Mr. Santos had pawned it.

The betrayal prompted him to plug Mr. Santos’s name into a search engine, where he found that Mr. Santos was wanted by Brazilian police.

“I woke up in the morning, and I packed my stuff all in trash bags, and I called my father and I left,” he said.
So GS did have a boyfriend. That and his marriage would make him bisexual.

After noting what the NYT published,
Michelangelo Signorile on Twitter: "And let me just point out ..." / Twitter
And let me just point out that Santos was 26 and Vilarva was 18.

Yes, he was an adult -- but you know what the GOP would call this if it was a Democrat?

GROOMER!

And Santos was into second year of his marriage to his wife but asking this guy to move in?

Where was she? Was this marriage for citizenship as some suspect?

Where’s the GOP on possible immigration violation?

And a clarification: I meant here that some speculate Santos' married the woman -- who was from Brazil -- to get *her* citizenship (and that he is US citizen). It's something he also promised another boyfriend that same year, '12, according to a Jewish Insider reporter.

NopeLlama on Twitter: "@MSignorile @MollyJongFast This is every bad relationship I’ve ever had crammed into ONE DUDE! 🤯" / Twitter

George Santos Hid Marriage to Woman, Says He'll Explain Alleged Lies
The outlet found New York court records that indicate that in 2019 a George Devolder Santos, with a second initial of “A,” finalized a divorce with a Uadla Santos Vieira Santos. It noted that in public records searches only one person appeared with that name.

Santos’s middle name is Anthony and he has gone by Devolder — his mother’s maiden name — previously.

“People get married for countless reasons. But Santos’ situation is curious because he never disclosed his divorce to voters, and never reconciled his prior marriage to a woman — which ended just 12 days before he established his first congressional campaign — with his claims of being an out and proud gay Republican,” the Beast wrote.
George Santos Missing Wedding Ring as He Arrives at Congress
Santos has said he has been out as gay for a decade, but he was married to a woman until 2019. He has not been seen with his husband since his lies were exposed last month, and his husband did not accompany him to the swearing-in, as congressional spouses usually do.

Strikes me that Santos’ charade going so far as him actually getting elected was facilitated by media consolidation and the complete death of local journalism.

There was a local weekly that did raise questions about his bio and finances.

A tiny paper broke the George Santos scandal but no one paid attention - Wapo

Here's one of their stories.

Santos Filings Now Claim Net Worth of $11 Million - The North Shore Leader

That was from before the election but can't tell when exactly it was published because their bare bones website doesn't date their articles. It's mainly a print weekly. It's right wing, which is easy to see if you read a couple articles, and is popular among conservatives in the area. I wonder whether their Santos coverage didn't get more traction because conservatives wouldn't want to bring more negative attention to one of their own.

Here's Santos speaking at a DC "stop the steal" rally the day before 1/6/21.

A very impassioned speech where he asks the crowd, "Who here is ready to overturn the election for Donald Trump?” And leads a "Fight for Trump!" chant.

He has since defended the insurrection.

fucking trash MSNBC. One thousand reasons to boot this joker from congress and they have to use this once funny hoax from 4chan?

Best comment
I don't like Santos for all his lies.. however, don't do that... try to demonized him more than what is real... I'm sure he was not doing a white supremacy sign. People sometime just put their hand like that. when you say fake things about bad people, if people realize it fake they stop believing in you when you say he is bad.

fucking trash MSNBC. One thousand reasons to boot this joker from congress and they have to use this once funny hoax from 4chan?

Best comment
I don't like Santos for all his lies.. however, don't do that... try to demonized him more than what is real... I'm sure he was not doing a white supremacy sign. People sometime just put their hand like that. when you say fake things about bad people, if people realize it fake they stop believing in you when you say he is bad.

It isn't a hoax... when the only people that do it... are racist trolls.

Just yesterday at work a super blue collar guy, who rarely uses the internet played the circle game (ok sign on his knee) with another coworker. He is a racist troll?

This is just silly.

Ok, let's turn this into a thread ONLY talking about the rock solid PROOF that Santos is a white nationalist given that his thumb and index once touched while his other fingers were splayed.

Sounds like a plan.

I think that the worse someone is, the more important it is to have your facts lined up to attack them on they actually do that is reprehensible. Never overshoot and accuse them of something they did not do.

That way they can't take advantage of victim points.

Andrew Tate is a total scumbag and scammer, and a video like this by scam exposer (Coffeezilla), which is targeted to men and teens who are susceptible to Tate's dark charisma, can get them immunized against Tate in a way that is effective. Other ways of trying to tear down Tate are gonna backfire, sad but true.

If I knew a 20 year old guy who was headed down the Tate path I would show this video and not an MSNBC clip about Tate.

Back
Top Bottom