• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged NY Rep Santos (merged from GOP elected that guy in WW84 and GOP are liars)

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Ok, let's turn this into a thread ONLY talking about the rock solid PROOF that Santos is a white nationalist given that his thumb and index once touched while his other fingers were splayed.

Sounds like a plan.
I think we can say with 100% certainty that we know 0% about Rep Santos... other than he is a habitual liar. I'm sorry if it was so offensive to call racist trolls that use that symbol to pimp out that they are racist trolls "racist trolls".

Also, WTF does Tate have to do with Rep. Santos?

Ok, let's turn this into a thread ONLY talking about the rock solid PROOF that Santos is a white nationalist given that his thumb and index once touched while his other fingers were splayed.

Sounds like a plan.
Naw, rock solid proof isn't necessary when it comes to rooting out the WSs. We saw the picture...that's all we need to know. And, in the event it does turn out to be a bogus charge, then... oh well. Collateral damage is a small price to pay for the greater good.

SDG&E Employee Fired Over Alleged White Supremacist Hand Sign is a Latino

fucking trash MSNBC. One thousand reasons to boot this joker from congress and they have to use this once funny hoax from 4chan?

Best comment
I don't like Santos for all his lies.. however, don't do that... try to demonized him more than what is real... I'm sure he was not doing a white supremacy sign. People sometime just put their hand like that. when you say fake things about bad people, if people realize it fake they stop believing in you when you say he is bad.

I agree with repo man here.
When I first saw the (still) picture I was shocked at how clear it was. But then I saw the video and I could see how someone holding their arms crossed might do that and when he moves his arms not do anything with the left because he’s doing something purposeful with the right (raising it to vote).

So I decided the same as repoman - GS has enough really awful shit that is undeniable, I have no problem waiting until he does this one again before I make it part of my complaint package. And that will only strengthen my complaint package and avoid any conversation on any level of “maybe he didn’t” because you cannot say that for any of his other problems - he definitely did do those.

I think of it like the discussion of whether there needs to be a cat 6 hurricane. The argument against is, “Cat 5 is defined as total destruction - what is it you wanted Cat 6 to be??”

I agree with leaving this one off the list because it is open to argument, and I don’t want to have any argument over this collossal failure of a GOP rep.

fucking trash MSNBC. One thousand reasons to boot this joker from congress and they have to use this once funny hoax from 4chan?

Best comment
I don't like Santos for all his lies.. however, don't do that... try to demonized him more than what is real... I'm sure he was not doing a white supremacy sign. People sometime just put their hand like that. when you say fake things about bad people, if people realize it fake they stop believing in you when you say he is bad.

I agree with repo man here.
When I first saw the (still) picture I was shocked at how clear it was. But then I saw the video and I could see how someone holding their arms crossed might do that and when he moves his arms not do anything with the left because he’s doing something purposeful with the right (raising it to vote).

My conflict isn't with Santos image... it was repoman's claim that it was a joke among racists and wasn't really true and just a hoax. Except that only racist trolls did it.

...Rich Republican donors fielded calls and email messages from Dan Meyer, McCarthy’s chief of staff, over the last two election cycles, asking for money to help Santos get elected. Or so they thought.

A wealthy financier who donated to the Santos campaign told CNBC that the person calling was actually Sam Miele, a staffer employed by Santos to raise money for the campaign.

It's unclear how McCarthy will react to the new developments because he has been silent on the matter since the revelations began to unspool several weeks ago.

In the lead-up to last week’s 15 votes to elect McCarthy to the speakership position, the Republican leader had gone to great lengths not to do anything that would lose him votes, including Santos's.

In need of every vote he could get, McCarthy appeared to ignore the accusations against Santos, and during the rounds of voting, Santos was seen on the House floor hobnobbing with influential far right-wing Republicans like Reps. Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, and Marjorie Taylor Greene...

Sure, but even Nixon would, had he been offered money by the Russians to act in their interests, have had their contact arrested by the FBI as a spy, rather than taking the bribes.

The guy was a crook, but he wasn't a traitor.

No?

If the Nassau GOP wants to sue the guy for damages, they'd probably have a case, but that wouldn't necessarily dislodge him from Congress. They had every opportunity to check this guy's background before the election, but they only cared about beating the Democrat. And the GOP doesn't want to distance itself from every lying, crooked elected Republican Trumpsucker. That would be a disastrous policy for their party.

That would be a disastrous policy for their party.
Only in the short run. In the longer term, a purge right now would do them good. The problem is not that it would be disastrous for the Party to get rid of their criminal scumbags; the problem is that it would be disastrous for their own criminal scumbag asses.

That would be a disastrous policy for their party.
Only in the short run. In the longer term, a purge right now would do them good. The problem is not that it would be disastrous for the Party to get rid of their criminal scumbags; the problem is that it would be disastrous for their own criminal scumbag asses.

It won't be good for them in the long run because they need the bedlamite in order to compete with those gosh darn Democrats! I think they need to stop worrying and love the Democrats. I mean, they do believe in the end times and a beautiful afterlife right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

they do believe in the end times and a beautiful afterlife right?
The Party name (currently: Republican) is presumably under the control of those who finance its existence. If the public is assertively in favor of maintaining a democracy, anti-democratic factions can go out of style just as quickly as they came in. They're up to no good, but the jig is up as far as surprising anyone. End of political Days for some Republicans for sure, unless they can get the military behind them in short order and establish the dictatorship they so desire.

So a potential link to a Russian Oligarch now.

Santos name dropped a NY company that did a lot of dealing with the NY company's owner's cousin in Russia. A guy that was sanctioned by the US. It would be interesting if Santos did get money for the company from a corp related to a Russian Oligarch, seeing the company Santos worked for was a pyramid scheme... and scheming Russian Oligarchs would presumably be a bad idea.

Instead, schemers he worked for were falling out, Santos, with help, opens new company, and then makes a lot of money. Coming from places no one knows. There are so many red flags with Santos, one couldn't be blamed for thinking they were in China.

Back
Top Bottom