• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Only 30 Days To Go!

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
How time flies! Only 30 days til election day. 2 debates to go. Are you ready? Will Hillary smoke Trump or will it be a squeaker? Is Trump doomed? How would the GOP respond to this loss? Rewrite the rules to hobble future Trump-like wild cards? Now what?

I think it will look more like this. The states I didn't color in I think HRC has an edge, but I don't feel confident making a call.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/8XWlX

I will be glad to see this election over. Would be nice not to see the political ads when I'm not watching a political show.

Edit: This presumes that the polls/analysis is accurate and there's no reverse-Bradley Effect in DT's favor.

Last edited:
How time flies! Only 30 days til election day. 2 debates to go. Are you ready? Will Hillary smoke Trump or will it be a squeaker? Is Trump doomed? How would the GOP respond to this loss? Rewrite the rules to hobble future Trump-like wild cards? Now what?

I feel that we are at a crossroads, where many of the traditional notions of economically driven national policy are about to surrender to the physical reality of global warming. Our environmental and social problems are at a level unmatched previously in our history and our front runner politicians are more clueless and crooked than they have perhaps ever been. I am concerned that either Clinton or Trump will lead us into some of the worst times our country will be facing with perhaps the most faltering kind of favoratist leadership and people will undoubtedly die as a result of our ship of state foundering. Whoever wins will get for themselves a Pyric victory and their prize will be spoiled by major governmental dysfunction. It will be a case of we pay the price for these bumbling rich lunatics.

I feel that we are at a crossroads, where many of the traditional notions of economically driven national policy are about to surrender to the physical reality of global warming. Our environmental and social problems are at a level unmatched previously in our history and our front runner politicians are more clueless and crooked than they have perhaps ever been. I am concerned that either Clinton or Trump will lead us into some of the worst times our country will be facing with perhaps the most faltering kind of favoratist leadership and people will undoubtedly die as a result of our ship of state foundering. Whoever wins will get for themselves a Pyric victory and their prize will be spoiled by major governmental dysfunction. It will be a case of we pay the price for these bumbling rich lunatics.

If Clinton wins, and makes appointments to SCOTUS that are consistent with her voiced positions, that will portend a real sea-change in American politics. It might take another 2-3 election cycles for it to make a real difference, but over the long term it will be dramatic. (IMHO voting for Stein is just a symbolic gesture, but since you're in CA, I don't object.)

Twenty-eight days to go, today. The Skidmark (Trump) has exactly four weeks to prepare, prepare, prepare for the biggest challenge of his political career: how to deliver a generous concession speech. He will fail. Because he's a loser. He will fail. Is there anything more pathetic than a wanna-be demagogue who can't get more than two fifths of The People to march behind him?

Twenty-eight days to go, today. The Skidmark (Trump) has exactly four weeks to prepare, prepare, prepare for the biggest challenge of his political career: how to deliver a generous concession speech. He will fail. Because he's a loser. He will fail. Is there anything more pathetic than a wanna-be demagogue who can't get more than two fifths of The People to march behind him?

I am SO looking forward to this guy's concession speech. I predict that it will set a standard for passive-aggressive bitchiness which will remain unmatched for centuries. That is if he gives a concession speech. He may just try to piss Clinton off by not saying or doing anything and making her wait while trying to figure out how to react to that.

It's a matter of voting for the least undesirable candidate rather than the once considered to be better.

I am SO looking forward to this guy's concession speech. I predict that it will set a standard for passive-aggressive bitchiness which will remain unmatched for centuries. That is if he gives a concession speech. He may just try to piss Clinton off by not saying or doing anything and making her wait while trying to figure out how to react to that.

If form holds he'll get a third of the popular vote and a tenth of the electoral vote, then declare himself victorious. His "concession speech" will be another rally, to fire up the base about the rigged election and the media* conspiracy.

* The only reason anyone knows of Trump at all.

In case he wins, treasure every minute we have left alive!

The Orange buffoon has now declared himself "unshackled" since the defection of masses of GOP politicians from his election efforts. He's angry and who knows what to expect now. He no longer appears to think he has to moderate his speech to appeal to the center.

From Huffington polls
[h=3]Republican Party Favorable Rating[/h] 31% Favorable

59% Unfavorable

Imagine if you're one of the Trump kids and you see the family fortune and reputation circling the drain like it is. If they weren't such a bunch of hateful little morons like their father, I'd feel fairly bad for them.

The lucky one is that second daughter whom Trump never talks about or shows on camera. There are an awful lot of people who don't know that she's related to him. Trump may be one of those people, so she also might have been able to avoid getting groped by him in her bedroom while she was growing up like her sister.

Trump's path to victory is plain.

An October surprise, where it comes out indisputably that he only ran in order that Hillary would get elected.

This would be hugely damaging to both candidates, and the disgusted electorate would refuse to vote for either candidate. But as Trump has a bigger level of support in the critical 'people who are dumber than a bag of hammers' demographic, and as these would be the only people who would bother to turn out for an obviously rigged election, Trump wins with a small majority of the popular vote on a turnout of about 15%.

You read it here first. ;)

IF Uncle Vladimir dosen't get the Kremlin Boys to pull off a 50 State landslide for Douchbag von Fuckface, I predict that he will try to organize a Beer Hall Putsch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Hall_Putsch

Later,
ElectEngr

If and when the news media is done slobbering over Trump maybe they'll sit down and consider how big a deal this is. We've officially accused Vlad&Co of interfering with a US election. Is this not a big deal when an adversarial state does this? If there is tampering with the electronic balloting, I think there would have to be a firm response. Even from Obama.

Back
Top Bottom