• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Only 51% Republicans Voted For Trump in Iowa

Well Biden does have that new ad that starts off with Trump spouting insane nonsense, followed by Biden saying, "I'm Joe Biden and I approve of this message". I thought whoever came up with that was pretty clever. Yesterday, Biden got an endorsement from the UAW, perhaps that will help other hourly workers realize that Biden just might have more to offer them compared to Trump. Biden needs to get out and mix with the manufacturing workers more. Democrats like him, once had their overwhelming support. Maybe Biden can convince them that Trump has nothing to offer them, other than beating the liberal elites. Do they really want the wealthy to have more tax breaks, as the Republicans are chomping at the bit to pass? Biden is a very down to earth person, who never seemed like a liberal elite. He used to take the train to work when he was in the Senate and he knew the name of all the train workers. Maybe he needs to emphasize that. People often base their vote on personality, so it could help if he reaches out more to the people who don't understand that he's on their side. Trump sure has them fooled.

The young people are idealistic idiots, if they don't vote for Biden. Voting third party in this election is a vote against democracy. There's no other way to put it.

The 49% who did not vote for Trump aint jumpin on the Joe wagon in November.
From what I’ve read, if Trump is the nominee, they will either stay home or ride with Biden.
HAY dudes, anyone, ANYONE, even more Biden is better than more Rump.
Quite a bit passive-aggressive there. "More Biden" isn't remotely close to being bad.
Amen to that! Today’s economic news is that the economy grew at twice the rate expected by economists. Inflation is down. The market is at an all time high of 38,000. We are holding back Russia in Ukraine, which has made Xi second guess invading Taiwan. Our Allies are standing with us.

Also, Biden has re-energized the Antitrust department at DoJ - which is a big fucking deal. Hugely! He’s seen unions come back. He’s actually tackling climate change and not denying it. Manufacturing is coming back. Income inequality is finally decreasing under his watch for the first time in 40 years.

I’m sure I can find things I disagree with, but to suggest that the only reason to vote for him is that he’s better than tRump is absurd.

Of course according to Fuck face Von Clownstick, we are a failing nation. We can’t even solve the solliest problems. What a dumbfuck. Anyone who would support him is a dumbfuck too.
You should work for the Biden campaign. That was awesome.

Reactions: SLD
They need to be told the story of our youth. One of furnishings made of lawn chairs and a wooden cable spool for a table. Of pine boards, cinder blocks and milk crates.
End tables in my first apartment - not college days - were cardboard boxes covered with sheets. Down the road I nailed some wood together. Didn't own actual tables until being married 25 years.

do the local Christians fantasize that Centralia is actually situated over Hell?
I don't talk to them. The mine owner that currently owns the whole place, covered the graphiti highway with dirt last summer (2023). siting vandalism concerns (in a town that no longer exists?) and disruptive partyers.
"More Biden" isn't remotely close to being bad.

but to suggest that the only reason to vote for him is that he’s better than tRump is absurd.
I'm not judging Biden. I know some people don't like him. So I'm saying no mater what you think of Biden, he is better than Rump.
wooden cable spool for a table.
I had one of those in the '80s, cus I thought it was cool.
They have already gotten FOX, OAN, NewsMax et al to tell whoever listens to them that Biden is a threat to democracy, the economy is in shambles, the DOJ is out to get Trump (they're coming after you next),
This is Rump's MO. He has a complete disregard for the truth. That is not the same as lying, he just doesn't give a dam if what he says is true or not. He holds to the idea that if you say it loud and long enough, people will believe it. He will lie and call everyone else a liar.
In 2020 I tried to tell my relatives this (daily Faux Opinion watchers). Their response was 'Oh that's just politics as usual. Every politician lies.' When I pointed out his megalomania on 'The Apprentice' they said 'Oh that's just a persona he played for the show'.
They watch Faux in Prime Time every night. Instead of any entertainment.

Last edited:
I still maintain that the reason for Biden's low approval and high disapproval ratings is that Trump is the person everyone is talking about, not Biden. He just sits there and keeps getting painted as the old guy running against the younger old guy. The press isn't just playing up polls that show Biden's approval rating as falling below 40% and disapproval above 55%. Poll aggregators such as 538 point out that around 95% of polls show that kind of trend:

How (un)popular is Joe Biden?

Hopefully, the trend will change when the public finally starts to pay attention to reality, if they do. They haven't really been listening to either man very much, and most people don't even care enough to vote in primaries. Right now, they are just seeing all the bad news coming out of the Middle East, not to mention the fact that Fox News is still a dominant news source for a great many Americans. And their reporting is relentlessly 24/7 anti-Biden, no matter what happens in reality.

Hopefully, the trend will change when the public finally starts to pay attention to reality hell freezes over.
FIFY.
MAGAts are a lost cause, and eagerly answer their phones when pollsters call.

Hopefully, the trend will change when the public finally starts to pay attention to reality hell freezes over.
FIFY.

I don't think that Biden's negative ratings are all from so-called MAGAts. They include independents and Republicans that hope for a candidate other than Trump. They also likely reflect a fair number of folks who won't be voting at all.

FIFY.

I don't think that Biden's negative ratings are all from so-called MAGAts. They include independents and Republicans that hope for a candidate other than Trump. They also likely reflect a fair number of folks who won't be voting at all.
Sure, that particular bias probably reflects only a small variance from actual, but hey … . Remains to be seen who votes for whom, come election time. I think the proverbial persuadable middle has swollen a bit recently and might grow significantly and suddenly depending on factors cited above. The important thing is that it peaks in November, and finds it more credible that Trump is a lying sack of shit than that Biden is.
Few who don’t know it by now are going to actually realize how good Biden has been.

Back
Top Bottom