• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Only 51% Republicans Voted For Trump in Iowa

Nikki Haley is the only person to enter the Trump Admin and emerge unscathed. That demonstrates grrat political accumen.

I wouldn't vote for her because she thinks women who get pregnant are fucked, literally and metaphorically. But she was one of the only candidates in that fetid shit pot that was remotely Presidential.

Nikki Haley is the only person to enter the Trump Admin and emerge unscathed. That demonstrates grrat political accumen.

I wouldn't vote for her because she thinks women who get pregnant are fucked, literally and metaphorically. But she was one of the only candidates in that fetid shit pot that was remotely Presidential.
Agreed. She's far better than completely batshit crazy.

...but he had a stupid meltdown when he gave his victory speech. His best option would have been to graciously praise her for running a great campaign and then call for unity behind his nomination. Instead, he resorted to his trademark rants and petty insults, guaranteeing that some of her supporters will not find it easy to support him. It is clear that his campaign staff had planned for him to sound conciliatory and that he had prepared himself to do that. At the last minute, he just shredded it and blew his stack.

Allow me to introduce you to the next 9 months of the Trump campaign.
Yes. But will it work?

The 49% who did not vote for Trump aint jumpin on the Joe wagon in November.
From what I’ve read, if Trump is the nominee, they will either stay home or ride with Biden.
HAY dudes, anyone, ANYONE, even more Biden is better than more Rump.
Quite a bit passive-aggressive there. "More Biden" isn't remotely close to being bad.
Amen to that! Today’s economic news is that the economy grew at twice the rate expected by economists. Inflation is down. The market is at an all time high of 38,000. We are holding back Russia in Ukraine, which has made Xi second guess invading Taiwan. Our Allies are standing with us.

Also, Biden has re-energized the Antitrust department at DoJ - which is a big fucking deal. Hugely! He’s seen unions come back. He’s actually tackling climate change and not denying it. Manufacturing is coming back. Income inequality is finally decreasing under his watch for the first time in 40 years.

I’m sure I can find things I disagree with, but to suggest that the only reason to vote for him is that he’s better than tRump is absurd.

Of course according to Fuck face Von Clownstick, we are a failing nation. We can’t even solve the solliest problems. What a dumbfuck. Anyone who would support him is a dumbfuck too.

Biden isn't responsible for the inflation/economy, but he didn't get in the way like Trump did, when he pressured the Fed on interest rate cuts. Biden let it be because he had the balls to let the pros do their job to best cool off inflation and hope for a soft landing. Trump would likely have likely pressured the Fed to drive inflation higher. This is what a real leader does. Willing to take the bumps for the nation's best interest. And the Fed seems to have managed the soft landing without even creating a recession that was being bragged about coming by the GOP. Who are now sad it didn't happen. The Fed can soon consider responsibly lowering rates a little. Which is bad for those than wanted America in a bad economic condition come the election.

Trump on Monday night (Jan. 22), Laconia, NH. (This is as close as I could transcribe it. Trump was into his wheezy voice. See if it makes sense to you.)
(America is a country)..."which is incapable of solvin' even the smallest, smallest problem. The simplest of problems we can no longer solve. We can't do anything. We are an institute in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on."
Possible meanings:
1) We have too many laws that get in the way of executions?
2) We are inept shitheads, and only a dictator can run the country?
3) We need to execute our way out of malaise?
4) Umm... we are an institute in a powerful death penalty?
5) Anyone for covfefe?
6) Public beheadings in front of the Trump throne, while he eats fried chicken?

From what I’ve read, if Trump is the nominee, they will either stay home or ride with Biden.
Quite a bit passive-aggressive there. "More Biden" isn't remotely close to being bad.
Amen to that! Today’s economic news is that the economy grew at twice the rate expected by economists. Inflation is down. The market is at an all time high of 38,000. We are holding back Russia in Ukraine, which has made Xi second guess invading Taiwan. Our Allies are standing with us.

Also, Biden has re-energized the Antitrust department at DoJ - which is a big fucking deal. Hugely! He’s seen unions come back. He’s actually tackling climate change and not denying it. Manufacturing is coming back. Income inequality is finally decreasing under his watch for the first time in 40 years.

I’m sure I can find things I disagree with, but to suggest that the only reason to vote for him is that he’s better than tRump is absurd.

Of course according to Fuck face Von Clownstick, we are a failing nation. We can’t even solve the solliest problems. What a dumbfuck. Anyone who would support him is a dumbfuck too.
I agree 100% with all of that BUT I need to point out that for young adults or those who are hoping to purchase a home, or even pay rent, times are still tough and groceries are still expensive as I am reminded every week.

Youth is impatient and a lot of younger adults see Israel as the villainous aggressor and have no realistic idea of what like was like for their parents or grandparents. We boomers had some advantages and the biggest was being raised by parents who had lived through the Great Depression, WW2 and the Korean War and who were in turn raised by parents who saw all of the above plus WW1 and the great flu epidemic and wanted much, much better for their kids. Boomers of course had Viet Nam, Civil Rughts, stagflation to name a few. But too many young adults look at the lifetime achievements ( home ownership, retirement) and think that is how life always was—for everybody but them.

A lot of young people will be either sitting this one out or else voting 3rd party in protest of the fact that 3 years of Biden has not reversed climate change or resulted in equality for all.

I agree 100% with all of that BUT I need to point out that for young adults or those who are hoping to purchase a home, or even pay rent, times are still tough and groceries are still expensive as I am reminded every week.

Youth is impatient and a lot of younger adults see Israel as the villainous aggressor and have no realistic idea of what like was like for their parents or grandparents. We boomers had some advantages and the biggest was being raised by parents who had lived through the Great Depression, WW2 and the Korean War and who were in turn raised by parents who saw all of the above plus WW1 and the great flu epidemic and wanted much, much better for their kids. Boomers of course had Viet Nam, Civil Rughts, stagflation to name a few. But too many young adults look at the lifetime achievements ( home ownership, retirement) and think that is how life always was—for everybody but them.

A lot of young people will be either sitting this one out or else voting 3rd party in protest of the fact that 3 years of Biden has not reversed climate change or resulted in equality for all.
They need to be told the story of our youth. One of furnishings made of lawn chairs and a wooden cable spool for a table. Of pine boards, cinder blocks and milk crates.

When I was young, I wasn't rich, because life was hard. Today the young people aren't rich because they are lazy. ;)

Last edited:
Polls that show Trump ahead get splattered all over the media. Polls that show Biden ahead, not a peep.
True dat.

I don't know how the MAGAts can possibly turn up the heat any more on Biden. They have already gotten FOX, OAN, NewsMax et al to tell whoever listens to them that Biden is a threat to democracy, the economy is in shambles, the DOJ is out to get Trump (they're coming after you next), and Trump was the Greatest President of All Time™ in every regard. What more can they add? Hunter? Big deal.

On the flipside, Democrats have hardly scratched the surface when it comes to decrying Trump's dishonesty, fascism, criminality, sex offender status, his stupidity, his terrible economic record, his palling around with dictators, his bribing foreign governments with taxpayer money to INVENT dirt on his political opponent ... FFS, one could go on and on. I expect things to heat up quite considerably on all those fronts and more, in the weeks leading up to the election. If they have to buy every available minute on the MAGA misinformation outlets, they should do so. And Biden needs to start challenging Cheato to a debate real soon. Of course Cheato will call any imposition on his monopolizing the floor "unfair" and so will not-so-politely decline... and tell his rubes that Biden chickened out. But a few will know better.

Back
Top Bottom