• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Only 51% Republicans Voted For Trump in Iowa

We are just now having the very first primary of the 2024 presidential campaign. (Iowa was a Republican caucus state.) The general election doesn't start until September, but the public already knows both candidates thoroughly. The dynamic now in the Republican Party seems to be that they and so-called independents that reliably vote Republican are either enthusiastically behind Trump or, swallowing hard, trying to work up their enthusiasm to take on the hated Democrats. Democrats are mostly solidly behind Joe Biden, with a small minority looking around wildly at third party candidates, thinking stupidly that American presidential elections are national popularity contests. The idiotically conceived 18th-century-inspired electoral count is all that will matter, but it isn't at all clear that every traditionally red and blue state will remain in their respective traditional pattern when the dust settles in November (or whenever it ends up settling after all the shouting dies down). If Trump wins the electoral count, it would be poetic justice for Kamala Harris to declare the electoral count invalid and a mob of Democrats occupy the Capitol Building, proclaiming that they are just peaceful protesters.

it would be poetic justice for Kamala Harris to declare the electoral count invalid and a mob of Democrats occupy the Capitol Building, proclaiming that they are just peaceful protesters.
I am STILL waiting for some reporter to ask Trump if it’s okay with him if Biden sends Seal Team 6 down to Mag-a-Lardo to kill him.
According to Dumfuk’s lawyers, that would be fine - Biden might possibly face charges in 2029, assuming he hasn’t revised codes and statutes to retroactively make it perfectly legal.

For the Presidency, the only states that decide at this point are NV, WI, MI, and PA. Biden wins those four, it is impossible for Trump to pull it off. Virginia just isn't a toss up any more, like Colorado.

An ungawdly 269-269 tie is possible if Trump wins Nevada, Biden the remaining three above, and Trump gets both bonus EVs in Nebraska and one bonus EV in Maine. Now Biden will fight for Georgia and Arizona, because he'll be in shape to push for those states and force the GOP to spend money where they hadn't generally needed to. A Trump nomination has to scare the GOP a bit because he lost it once already and oversaw the GOP losing BOTH Senate seats. This implies Trump makes Georgia a target for the Democrats. If Haley ran, I think Georgia is 5+ at least in the red column. The GOP can not lose Georgia, as it is the third most EV state they have. Florida becomes interesting as an abortion rights resolution could be on the ballot. Florida has been shifting solidly reddish purple in the last couple elections, but if that resolution is on the ballot, that muddles the trends.

I think Biden needs to work the hardest, as he needs to re-energize the electorate and why his Presidency worked in their benefit. This will likely be easier as the economy should be chugging more by the Fall after the Fed's soft landing. But Biden can't take any vote for granted.

it would be poetic justice for Kamala Harris to declare the electoral count invalid and a mob of Democrats occupy the Capitol Building, proclaiming that they are just peaceful protesters.
I am STILL waiting for some reporter to ask Trump if it’s okay with him if Biden sends Seal Team 6 down to Mag-a-Lardo to kill him.
According to Dumfuk’s lawyers, that would be fine - Biden might possibly face charges in 2029, assuming he hasn’t revised codes and statutes to retroactively make it perfectly legal.
I would so much love that. Someone please please please do that. I want to see his head explode Scanners style.

But then...Trump isn't going anywhere
I dunno … just saw a clip of him ‘splainin’ missile defense. The guy already isn’t all there.
FWIW ($0.02) i absolutely love Joe Biden as a President, and think his skill set as a politician is unrivaled - with the exception of diction. If only he was capable of truly dynamic delivery, Trump would be lucky to get 30% of the popular vote.
Biden overcame stuttering from what I understand, or something like that, so I understand where he is coming from when he speaks.

But then...Trump isn't going anywhere
I dunno … just saw a clip of him ‘splainin’ missile defense. The guy already isn’t all there.
FWIW ($0.02) i absolutely love Joe Biden as a President, and think his skill set as a politician is unrivaled - with the exception of diction. If only he was capable of truly dynamic delivery, Trump would be lucky to get 30% of the popular vote.
Biden largely overcame stuttering from what I understand, or something like that, so I understand where he is coming from when he speaks.
FIFY ... Yeah, that's what we are given to understand and it's fairly evident that it must have been difficult.
The guy is incredibly eloquent if understood. It's really hard for me - something about the jaggedly metered, relatively monotonous delivery leads my mind astray.
Trump is well trained and well coached in this shit - in fact it's all he's got. There is no brain or benevolence behind anything he says, It WAS all about just spitting out shit that has gotten him rave responses in the past. NOW, he has purpose. Compelling purpose:
"DON'T SEND ME TO JAIL!! If I'm in jail, YOU are in jail! YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IN JAIL, AND WITHOUT A COUNTRY DO YOU?"

Meanwhile, Biden in his most polished milktoast delivery:
"We are in a situation that begs us to set our priorities straight. Do we want democracy or do we ... blah blah"
Uh ... I didn't quite catch that but I'm sure it was spot on...

In some ways I am amazed that he beat the guy last time. I think the thing that got him elected was the one time he reflexively raised his voice "WILL YOU SHUT UP, MAN!"

No, you have misunderstood his lawyers. What they said was that it would be fine as long as 35 senators refused to remove Biden from office. They conceded that much to the court. Political assassinations of opponents would be a "qualified" right of his majesty, the President. They expressed confidence that a president who murdered his opponents would be immediately impeached and removed from office. Trump only tried blackmail a foreign leader into helping with his reelection campaign and undermine an election. So, more than 35 senators came to his defense. He didn't actually murder anyone yet.

Last edited:
I think Biden needs to work the hardest, as he needs to re-energize the electorate and why his Presidency worked in their benefit. This will likely be easier as the economy should be chugging more by the Fall after the Fed's soft landing. But Biden can't take any vote for granted.

My fear is that he won't forcefully deliver the message that things are actually quite a bit better than when he took office. Because he's not getting traction with that message as it is. One thing the GOP has always had is focus. They get a message and that's what they hammer over and over again until people believe it. Problem is that their message is usually - to use a Bidenism - malarkey.

If you tuned into Fox or one of the other right wing networks, you'd think that unemployment is at 40%, gas is $6 a gallon for regular, and there's nobody manning the border crossings. And people believe it because it is hammered into them over and over and over. Every now and then someone on Fox will grudgingly admit the latest job numbers are good, but then they'll spend the rest of the day claiming the economy is crashing and you should invest in gold right now.

Meanwhile the DNC is like "a message? How about 'things are pretty okay now but we're not sure'?"

No, you have misunderstood he lawyers. What they said was that it would be fine as long as 35 senators refused to remove Biden from office. They conceded that much to the court. Political assassinations of opponents would be a "qualified" right of his majesty, the President. They expressed confidence that a president who murdered his opponents would be immediately impeached and removed from office. Trump only tried to blackmail a foreign leader into helping with his reelection campaign, and then he tried to stop a ceremonial electoral count.

Do you think Biden would be sitting on his ass the whole time, waiting to see who wanted to vote to impeach? The ST6 remedy can fix that too. They could probably even get to SCOTUS Justices if need be. I'm telling you, this is the very best idea ever to come out of the very big brain of the very stable genius.

He didn't actually murder anyone yet.

He waited too long. He'd be murdering up a storm right now if he hadn't been stopped.
/notkidding

So he gets 55.4% in New Hampshire. I suspect he got the largest majority of DeSantis voters. Halley refuses to concede, and tRump is pissed.

still it’s not overwhelming.

It was a baletter shwoing, but it still wasn't particularly close. She probably can run a few more primaries and needs to keep improving, else it is over.

Trump's victory is no surprise, but he had a stupid meltdown when he gave his victory speech. His best option would have been to graciously praise her for running a great campaign and then call for unity behind his nomination. Instead, he resorted to his trademark rants and petty insults, guaranteeing that some of her supporters will not find it easy to support him. It is clear that his campaign staff had planned for him to sound conciliatory and that he had prepared himself to do that. At the last minute, he just shredded it and blew his stack.

And why do you think his base loves him?
It was a baletter shwoing, but it still wasn't particularly close. She probably can run a few more primaries and needs to keep improving, else it is over.
YIPES! I wasn't drunk, nor was I channeling Trump. I needed to reset my phone, and I think I need to make a couple more setting changes on the keyboard.

Reactions: SLD
Trump's victory is no surprise, but he had a stupid meltdown when he gave his victory speech. His best option would have been to graciously praise her for running a great campaign and then call for unity behind his nomination. Instead, he resorted to his trademark rants and petty insults, guaranteeing that some of her supporters will not find it easy to support him. It is clear that his campaign staff had planned for him to sound conciliatory and that he had prepared himself to do that. At the last minute, he just shredded it and blew his stack.

Yup. Just a spoiled infant who needs to be confined to his crib.

And why do you think his base loves him?
YIPES! I wasn't drunk, nor was I channeling Trump. I needed to reset my phone, and I think I need to make a couple more setting changes on the keyboard.
Well at least your second post made a baletter shwoing than your first.

;)

By that time, it'll probably just be protest vote for the PA primary.

...but he had a stupid meltdown when he gave his victory speech. His best option would have been to graciously praise her for running a great campaign and then call for unity behind his nomination. Instead, he resorted to his trademark rants and petty insults, guaranteeing that some of her supporters will not find it easy to support him. It is clear that his campaign staff had planned for him to sound conciliatory and that he had prepared himself to do that. At the last minute, he just shredded it and blew his stack.

Allow me to introduce you to the next 9 months of the Trump campaign.

By that time, it'll probably just be protest vote for the PA primary.
I'd still like your opinion on which republican would be best to vote for. Bust candidate or best chances.
Please.

I would add my advice to Jimmy's. If you plan to vote, anyone not Trump would be a protest vote. Donald Trump will almost certainly be the nominee regardless of how you vote. The general election will most likely be between Donald Trump and Joe Biden, so you'll have a wider range of choices there.

Back
Top Bottom