• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Paris: Dozens Killed In Terrorist Attack

Reality is mocking your hopes that it is some mythical right-wing militant group...evidence is mounting that it is an Islamic terror group.
I am not saying it is a right-wing group. It could very well be ISIS or another Islamic group. I mention the right-wing terror groups because they are active. Unlike you I am waiting for the facts to come out before saying any group did it. There are rumors that the terrorist spoke German. I don't believe that.

As you mentioned it's wise to wait for the facts. See the figures for 2013.

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/01/08/3609796/islamist-terrorism-europe/
Less Than 2 Percent Of Terrorist Attacks In The E.U. Are Religiously Motivated

It's hard to believe it's anyone but Muslims. If you want to wait to confirm, that's fair enough. It's not like you or me or anyone else here needs to swing into action.

But going on the presumption that this is almost certainly a Muslim terrorist act, what will the French do? What will Europe do?

The allowance of so many refugees into the continent was foolish almost beyond description. That X, Y, and/or Z terrorist group would take advantage of the opportunity and send operatives was a certainty. Or maybe this particular group of people were already there. But even if that is the case, it cannot be doubted that there are many more than that now.

How was it that the European nations just ignored the potential and likely consequences? It seemed like an overnight decision--or at least one that utterly failed to account for both foreseen and unforeseen consequences.

And what should the U.S. do?

I think it should provide the support that France asks for. Whatever form that may take is unknown right now, but the U.S. has asked them for support and gotten it before; sometimes fully, sometimes half-assed, sometimes not at all. But we do have a common cause here.

What should the U.S. do about allowing in refugees from that region?
My answer to that is obvious. Don't allow in a single one.

There are multiple Arab nations right there that could have helped with the refugee crisis, but they refused. So much for Muslim unity and brotherhood.

This is a tragedy, but an easily foreseeable one.

At what point do come to the conclusion that your liberal immigration policy of the last 30 years might have a flaw?

It was the US terrorist invasion of Iraq that was the catalyst for a lot of the violence we see today.

My guess is you supported that massive war crime.

Yes, I am sure the slaughter of innocent French and foreign tourists in Paris was well deserved. You want a plane ticket to go to their funerals and dance on their graves?

It was the US terrorist invasion of Iraq that was the catalyst for a lot of the violence we see today.

Yes, I am sure the slaughter of innocent French and foreign tourists in Paris was well deserved. You want a plane ticket to go to their funerals and dance on their graves?

Did anyone say that the French civilians deserved to die?

Did anyone say that the French civilians deserved to die?

It's difficult to infer anything except that from what you posted. So if that's not what you meant, then clarify it.

Nobody says it is justified or deserved.

Only that things like this are a likelihood after you invade for no good reason, bomb, kill and torture people for over a decade. Massive war crimes like the US invasion of Iraq produce consequences that are not pretty or rational.

Only that things like this are a likelihood after you invade for no good reason, bomb, kill and torture people for over a decade. Massive war crimes like the US invasion of Iraq produce consequences that are not pretty or rational.

Assuming you have a point, how does this relate to the French?

Assuming you have a point, how does this relate to the French?

The US invasion and decade of torture created far more terrorists than it killed and France is a lot easier to attack than the US.

At what point do come to the conclusion that your liberal immigration policy of the last 30 years might have a flaw?

The Australian foreign minister aDjust on tv here explaining that it was an.attack on the French way of life. Which sounds,like "they hate us for our freedom"

The Australian foreign minister aDjust on tv here explaining that it was an.attack on the French way of life. Which sounds,like "they hate us for our freedom"

The massive violence by the US has created a generation of terrorists.

And only the most ignorant will call for more violence from the West.

It's hard to believe it's anyone but Muslims. If you want to wait to confirm, that's fair enough. It's not like you or me or anyone else here needs to swing into action.

It is likely. ISIS does have training camps, but rushing into a crowded theatre with guns a blazing isn't too difficult a task. The suicide bombings are the tip off that it is most likely religious as only the most fanatical political groups would have people willing to strap on a bomb. (They go down fighting.) So yes, it is most likely a religious group.

There are multiple Arab nations right there that could have helped with the refugee crisis, but they refused. So much for Muslim unity and brotherhood.
Many don't have the resources. But as it has been seen over and over again, people tend to be more "nationalistic" than global. Besides religion how much does an Indonesian have in common with a Moroccan or a Sudanese?

Yes. Better to let a group of pedophile mass murders dictate how you should live rather than grow a spine.

Yes. Better to let a group of pedophile mass murders dictate how you should live rather than grow a spine.

It was the US that invaded Iraq, broke into people's homes in the middle of the night and took completely innocent people away to be tortured as policy.

This kind of thing creates terrorists. It doesn't rid the world of them.

I'm finding the petty sniping in this thread to be in very poor taste while the death toll continues to climb.

There are other threads to do that shit it.

The victims were only inferior not people of no color. We shouldn't for cry for them.

This is the fruit of multiculturalism, of kneeling before Mahoggian savages.

DEUS VULT! DRIVE OUT THE MOORS!

Eldarion Lathria

This is really a no brainer. The insane actions by the West and former colonial governments in Europe to instigage regime change resulted in a vacuum which has been filled by fanatics and their malitias who would otherwise have been virtually unknown. If you want to see this now, take a look at Syria. Al Qaeda and ISIS after the West decided on regime change.

I am not saying it is a right-wing group. It could very well be ISIS or another Islamic group. I mention the right-wing terror groups because they are active. Unlike you I am waiting for the facts to come out before saying any group did it. There are rumors that the terrorist spoke German. I don't believe that.

As you mentioned it's wise to wait for the facts. See the figures for 2013.

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/01/08/3609796/islamist-terrorism-europe/
Less Than 2 Percent Of Terrorist Attacks In The E.U. Are Religiously Motivated

I think it is more wise to have been listening to BBC, PBS, or any major news service network in the last half century. Rooting up some Euro report to try to deny everyone's widespread impressions either suggests that the western news services have intentionally hidden 98 percent of terrorist events for decades OR the euro-report is giving stats on something quite different from common understanding.

We are not speaking of some animal rights group trashing and opening cages of lab animals. Nor are we speaking of some nut stabbing his "papist" girlfriend. We are speaking of major acts of terrorism by groups that have killed groups of people. You know, stuff like the London Underground (57 killed) bombings, or the hostage murders in Moscow, or the Westgate Mall slaughter (67 dead), or the slaughters in Mumbai and Delhi or Charlie Hebo.

This is the MO of Muslim Murder Squad Extremists. It's not a train bomb in spain (Basques) or a lone gunmen. Its a well planned, well armed, operation to kill hundreds of civilians at a Cafe, Theater, and five other sites.

It's not a matter of caution, its a matter of using your memory and common sense.

I'm finding the petty sniping in this thread to be in very poor taste while the death toll continues to climb.

There are other threads to do that shit it.

We of course don't know the facts here, but it is better to remind people that prior acts of violence have not solved anything. They have actually done nothing but make bad situations worse.

Back
Top Bottom