• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pastor says gay people kill themselves as they “know it’s wrong” and “hate doing it”

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
https://www.queerty.com/pastor-says-gay-people-kill-know-wrong-hate-20211001

Nashville-based pastor Kent Christmas is at it again. We recently reported on how the preacher (sporting some nice rainbow shirt buttons) warned a large audience in Washington DC of how the “demonic spirit” of homosexuality was taking over Christian children and was coming after “our seed”.

This week, he was preaching about the high suicide rate amongst

“Pastor says…” has become vaguely similar to “Florida man shoots…”

Also, is that really the shirt he chose to wear for this address?

Methinks Mr. Christmas may be privately sturggling with some suicidal feelings relating to some thoughts and feelings he hasn't told his wife about! Or, the bless poor woman, perhaps some that he has told her about.

Methinks Mr. Christmas may be privately sturggling with some suicidal feelings relating to some thoughts and feelings he hasn't told his wife about! Or, the bless poor woman, perhaps some that he has told her about.

I'm really not sure Candy Hemphill actually married him.
There's a dearth of info on them over the net, and what there is is contradictory, that they're married, not married, divorced, never married...
But if they did marry, she'd be Christmas, Candy.

There's a dearth of info on them over the net, and what there is is contradictory, that they're married, not married, divorced, never married...

Ah, you know more about them than I do.

Though if she's a Hemphill, there's a chance she's some sort of distant cousin to me.

Man, I gotta say how much I love it when divorcees tell me that my lifestyle is threatening the Christian insitution of marriage. The Bible doesn't say jack shit about gays marrying, but it has some pretty strong words about divorce.

Reactions: WAB

Ah, you know more about them than I do.

Though if she's a Hemphill, there's a chance she's some sort of distant cousin to me.

Man, I gotta say how much I love it when divorcees tell me that my lifestyle is threatening the Christian insitution of marriage. The Bible doesn't say jack shit about gays marrying, but it has some pretty strong words about divorce.

She's connected to some Southern gospel-thumping family.

And, yeah, violating actual scripture to tell me god hates what i'm doing....gotta laugh.

Old news. That schtick has been used for a long time.

Pat Robertson for one.

Natural disasters punishment for homosexuality.

Old news. That schtick has been used for a long time.

Pat Robertson for one.

Natural disasters punishment for homosexuality.

True. It’s as old as religions. Preachers have always said that anything bad that happens to people doings things they don’t personally approve of, is god’s (or gods’) punishment. But when the same things happen to high level donors among the flock, it “happens for a reason” and is god working in mysterious ways.

When Ben Franklin showed lightning to be a natural electrical phenomena it caused a minor theological sttir.

Some believed lighting was a sign from 'heaven above'. If it it hit your barn it was a sign.

Protective lightning rods were considered by some an abomination to god.

When Ben Franklin showed lightning to be a natural electrical phenomena it caused a minor theological sttir.

Some believed lighting was a sign from 'heaven above'. If it it hit your barn it was a sign.

That's a pretty weak God if his wrath can be defeated with an iron pole.

God works in mysterious ways beyond our understanding.

Somewhere along the line they changed their mind about that, since churches are now routinely festooned with lightning rods.

That's a pretty weak God if his wrath can be defeated with an iron pole.

Biblegod is easily defeated by iron chariots and iron poles. Also by people having sex outside marriage, people coveting their neighbor's ass, people eating shellfish, people worshiping false gods and so on. Talk about a weak-ass god!

Somewhere along the line they changed their mind about that, since churches are now routinely festooned with lightning rods.
Unfortunately, that freed up alter boys up for other roles, as they used to have to run up and ring the bells to ward off demons...

I'd say suicide is more to do with harassment and avulse by so called moral Christians than anything lese.

Back
Top Bottom