• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

"Madam Speaker, it is moved and seconded that we vote on whether or not failure to cooperate with an impeachment inquiry is a justification for a second impeachment inquiry."
"Very well."

After the vote is taken, Pelosi tweets: Mr. President, will U submit requested documents? Notice ,if U don't cooperate w/ 1st inquiry, U auto-cooperate w/ 2nd.

I am about all popcorned out. I need some nachos and cheese dip.
Well with Gulliani not likely to be defending Trump on tv now, what will we watch with our popcorn or nachos?

Giuliani.
After Bonespurs cuts him free, everyone's going to hope Rudy starts naming names. Either in reprisal, or because there's a camera pointed at him.

Maxine Waters Has Called for Impeachment Since 2017. Fellow Democrats, Welcome to the Party. | Glamour
In May 2017 she asked, “Why would we let…Trump, a con man, come in here and turn it all upside down with his lies and his disrespect?” She would keep at it, she promised, “until he’s impeached.” In September 2017, at comedian Dick Gregory’s funeral, Waters said, “When I get through with Donald Trump, he’s going to wish he had been impeached.” In November 2017 she led more than a thousand people in an “Impeach 45!” chant at Glamour’s Women of the Year Awards. It took some time, but the House of Representatives has begun to heed her call.
How she got to there:
Rep. Maxine Waters: I watched this president all during the primaries and the way that he treated his peers. I watched him talk about grabbing women by their private parts. I’ve watched him name-call—he name-called me. I watched him promote violence at his rallies. I watched him embrace [Russian president Vladimir] Putin and refuse to denounce him even after our intelligence committee basically confirmed that the Russians had hacked into our election system.

And now I’m watching him, with this telephone call that really has gotten a lot more people into understanding and believing how dangerous he is, how corrupt he is. A tough call where he tried to talk the Ukrainian president into getting involved in some kind of phony investigation so that he could get dirt on [former vice president Joe] Biden.
Trump needles 'low-IQ' Maxine Waters, 80 with a happy-birthday jab | Daily Mail Online

Then on her colleagues' timidity about impeachment. She claims that a Republican praised her efforts, while not saying anything in public.
Isn’t that frustrating? Lawmakers expecting you to do all the work while they hide?

I have learned in the many years that I have been involved in politics that we can’t count on a lot of people to have courage. And so they do not speak up. They do not stand up. They have to be dragged in, sometimes in the final moments of the decision.

But I’m not discouraged. I just listen to what they have to say and think to myself, “We’ll eventually get you in on this.”

Conservative websites resurface 2016 video of Rep. Tlaib confronting Trump - back in August 2016. She was dragged out of a Trump event, a speech about the economy with some Michigan business leaders. But she first indicated an intent to impeach him very early this year, calling him a "motherfucker".

Wow, he is really running out of tricks. Granted, his bag ‘o tricks isn’t very deep.

This slipped passed me on Thursady:

Donald Trump did not blackmail me, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy insists

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says there was "no blackmail" in the phone call with US President Donald Trump that helped spark an impeachment inquiry.

I'm a bit surprised to right doesn't take this story and run with it. "The Ukrainian President said there was no quid pro quo! Witch Hunt!!!!!oneoneoneone". I mean it still highlights that Trump ask a foreign leader to get dirt on a political opponent, but this could definitely obfuscate things, and Republicans like obfuscation like evangelical pastors like rent boys.

Yes. He does that because he's an idiot who doesn't understand the law or how government is supposed to work. He threatens to sue people who criticize him all the time. That's his thing. The Democrats have every right to impeach him , but he's fucking nuts. I think most of us realize that by now.
Why's that? Is it because their candidate Killery was defeated at the last Presidential election?

Yes. He does that because he's an idiot who doesn't understand the law or how government is supposed to work. He threatens to sue people who criticize him all the time. That's his thing. The Democrats have every right to impeach him , but he's fucking nuts. I think most of us realize that by now.
Why's that? Is it because their candidate Killery was defeated at the last Presidential election?

Do you really think Trump has not violated the emoluments clause since sworn in? You haven't been paying attention. Or the amount of people from his campaign that are currently in jail because of the amount of crimes committed that led to an investigation that paid for itself in asset forfeiture? You haven't been paying attention. Trump is either:

a) A corrupt cunt who is lining his pockets abusing his position as President
b) A dumb cunt who is so fucking stupid that he surrounds himself basically with criminals, and therefore should not be the Leader of the free world.

Impeachment is used to directly address either scenario. Clinton losing has fuck all to do with it. A fairly unknown senator summed it up pretty well:

You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role. Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.

Trump certainly qualifies.

No. It has nothing to do with that. Stop being so silly and look at the facts. I didn't support Trump, but to be perfectly honest, I had no idea he would be this corrupt. I thought he might actually listen to his advisors, like other presidents have. I knew he was unqualified but he has topped my worst expectations with his incompetence, and corrupt nature. He has committed many abuses of power, and now there is plenty of evidence that he's been trying to use other countries to help him defeat one of his opponents. In my lifetime, I've never seen anything like this. Many past presidents from both parties have made plenty of mistakes and poor decisions, but this president has done what may be irreparable damage to my country.

I think the only reason his supporters, the poorly educated ones at least, continue to support this man is because they love pissing off the rest of us. They have voted for someone who has done nothing for them, other than hold rallies that rile them up. His promises are empty. Anyone that knew the history of this man and his family, realize that he wasn't qualified to lead the country. Your posts are clueless, or perhaps you enjoy pissing off people who don't agree with you. That's really sad.

You know you have issues when this is what they are offering in support of you:

Sen. Kramer (R-ND) - my emphasis said:
There's great integrity in his authenticity, which is something that people out here in the heartland appreciate about him. I think he talks. He thinks out loud. He expresses whatever (is) on his mind. And people can take that and twist it any way they want to.
When your greatest integrity is found within your authenticity, no work ethic or professionalism or honor, there is trouble.

Donald Trump did not blackmail me, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy insists

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says there was "no blackmail" in the phone call with US President Donald Trump that helped spark an impeachment inquiry.

I'm a bit surprised to right doesn't take this story and run with it. "The Ukrainian President said there was no quid pro quo! Witch Hunt!!!!!oneoneoneone". I mean it still highlights that Trump ask a foreign leader to get dirt on a political opponent, but this could definitely obfuscate things, and Republicans like obfuscation like evangelical pastors like rent boys.

There is nothing in that article that says there was no quid pro quo, and blackmail and extortion are two differant things. Sounds to me like he's trying to be nice to Trump by telling a differant truth about the conversation.

There is nothing in that article that says there was no quid pro quo, and blackmail and extortion are two differant things. Sounds to me like he's trying to be nice to Trump by telling a differant truth about the conversation.

Agreed, but I'm surprised no one one the right has leaped at this opportunity.

Good to bookmark from FiveThirtyEight: Do Americans Support Impeaching Trump?

An updating calculation of support for and opposition to impeachment, accounting for each poll's quality, recency, sample size and partisan lean, since Aug. 1, 2018

Of particular note is how it went from 33.9% of Independents in favor prior to the Ukraine news to 45.6% in favor now (a nearly 12 point jump).

Back
Top Bottom