• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

IT'S A COUP! Tlaib Proposes Detaining Trump Officials Who Don't Testify
Trump labels Tlaib 'a despicable human being' | TheHill
Deadline Detroit - Lock Them Up? Rashida Tlaib Says House Dems Discuss Detaining Trump’s Tongue-Tied Aides
But Rashida Tlaib – a first-term representative from Detroit – said Saturday that the Democratic caucus has discussed the possibility in conversations during the current Congressional recess.

“If they were to detain someone, where would they go and have them detained so that they can comply with the subpoenas?” Tlaib said in an interview Saturday with Deadline Detroit at United Auto Works Local 600 in Detroit.
That's what they do to people guilty of contempt of court, so why not also contempt of Congress?

The (Full) Case for Impeachment A menu of high crimes and misdemeanors.

The crimes for which impeachment is the prescribed punishment are notoriously undefined. And that’s for a reason: Presidential powers are vast, and it’s impossible to design laws to cover every possible abuse of the office’s authority. House Democrats have calculated that an impeachment focused narrowly on the Ukraine scandal will make the strongest legal case against President Trump. But that’s not Trump’s only impeachable offense. A full accounting would include a wide array of dangerous and authoritarian acts — 82, to be precise. His violations fall into seven broad categories of potentially impeachable misconduct that should be weighed, if not by the House, then at least by history.

Yes. He does that because he's an idiot who doesn't understand the law or how government is supposed to work. He threatens to sue people who criticize him all the time. That's his thing. The Democrats have every right to impeach him , but he's fucking nuts. I think most of us realize that by now.
Why's that? Is it because their candidate Killery was defeated at the last Presidential election?

Because of the Constitution, duh.

REPORT: Florida GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz Kicked Out of Closed-Door Fiona Hill Testimony After Trying to ‘Participate’ in Hearing

Florida Republican Congressman and devout supporter of President Donald Trump, Rep. Matt Gaetz, attempted to crash the closed-door testimony of former Trump deputy assistant and advisor on Russia, Fiona Hill, which Democrats convened as part of the impeachment inquiry against the President.

Gaetz doesn’t sit on the House Foreign Affairs, Intelligence, or Oversight Committees, which are overseeing the inquiry, but implied that his seat on the House Judiciary Committee entitled him to be present for the testimony. The House Parliamentarian disagreed, confirming that Gaetz was not allowed to attend.

Trump's ass won't kiss itself.

REPORT: Florida GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz Kicked Out of Closed-Door Fiona Hill Testimony After Trying to ‘Participate’ in Hearing

Florida Republican Congressman and devout supporter of President Donald Trump, Rep. Matt Gaetz, attempted to crash the closed-door testimony of former Trump deputy assistant and advisor on Russia, Fiona Hill, which Democrats convened as part of the impeachment inquiry against the President.

Gaetz doesn’t sit on the House Foreign Affairs, Intelligence, or Oversight Committees, which are overseeing the inquiry, but implied that his seat on the House Judiciary Committee entitled him to be present for the testimony. The House Parliamentarian disagreed, confirming that Gaetz was not allowed to attend.

Trump's ass won't kiss itself.

Gaetz is two mints in one, cheeks and lips.

CNN is reporting that Pelosi will make an announcement today on whether or not to hold a vote.

I just listened to Pelosi's press conference. There will be no floor vote on impeachment investigation. Adam Schiff also spoke. Trump's phone call was not an isolated thing. It was preceded by laying the ground work for this call and follow up afterwards. This is being investigated and will make it hard for Trump to argue it was not part of a concerted effort to extort Ukraine for political rat fuckery. Guiliani, Sondheim and others were part of an off the record shadow state department that kept the state department proper in the dark. A lot of state department personnel were quite disturbed by these goings on and reported them to their superiors. And I suspect saved any incriminating evidence to CYA. Schiff states this will all be investigated but that it will not be a long drawn out investigation.

The oven is being warmed up and the goose cooking pan is being prepared.

I like how Trump makes everyone do what what he says. Powell, lower the Fed rate, Pelosi, have a House vote on inquiry, Turkey, don’t commit war crimes.

Alright, not everyone.

Just caught an interview on MSNBC with a Democratic Congressmen. Why won't the Democrats vote for an impeachment investigation? Because holding a vote would allow the GOP to delay proceedings, posture and gas light America if such a vote was allowed under present rules for such things. Which explains all of that.

Just caught an interview on MSNBC with a Democratic Congressmen. Why won't the Democrats vote for an impeachment investigation? Because holding a vote would allow the GOP to delay proceedings, posture and gas light America if such a vote was allowed under present rules for such things. Which explains all of that.

Yep. Why let them posture? (Besides they're so bad, it's pitiful to watch) They are down to their last resorts and with Trump, stagecraft is first, last and always. Let 'em twist in the wind for a while, lest the public forget about it two weeks hence. Better yet, keep piling on more witnesses and more court decisions every news cycle for another 8-10 months. As long as the defense is "look, a squirrel!" and "Rick made me do it", why not maintain the status quo?

I just listened to Pelosi's press conference. There will be no floor vote on impeachment investigation. Adam Schiff also spoke. Trump's phone call was not an isolated thing. It was preceded by laying the ground work for this call and follow up afterwards. This is being investigated and will make it hard for Trump to argue it was not part of a concerted effort to extort Ukraine for political rat fuckery. Guiliani, Sondheim and others were part of an off the record shadow state department that kept the state department proper in the dark. A lot of state department personnel were quite disturbed by these goings on and reported them to their superiors. And I suspect saved any incriminating evidence to CYA. Schiff states this will all be investigated but that it will not be a long drawn out investigation.

The oven is being warmed up and the goose cooking pan is being prepared.

i hope they know what they are doing

Yep. Why let them posture? (Besides they're so bad, it's pitiful to watch) They are down to their last resorts and with Trump, stagecraft is first, last and always. Let 'em twist in the wind for a while, lest the public forget about it two weeks hence. Better yet, keep piling on more witnesses and more court decisions every news cycle for another 8-10 months. As long as the defense is "look, a squirrel!" and "Rick made me do it", why not maintain the status quo?

Adam Schiff made it plain, this is not going to drag on for months. And, every attempt of Trump to prevent people from testifying will be officially held as obstruction of justice. And now, Giuliani and Pence are declaring they will not honor any subpoenas, which might also take down Pence.

This all reminding me of one of my favorite childhood movies. Frankenstein. angry villagers with guns, dogs and torches.

"Search every ravine! Every crevice! But the fiend must be found!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvGnro4Cgw

I just listened to Pelosi's press conference. There will be no floor vote on impeachment investigation. Adam Schiff also spoke. Trump's phone call was not an isolated thing. It was preceded by laying the ground work for this call and follow up afterwards. This is being investigated and will make it hard for Trump to argue it was not part of a concerted effort to extort Ukraine for political rat fuckery. Guiliani, Sondheim and others were part of an off the record shadow state department that kept the state department proper in the dark.

Sondheim? Yeah, send in the clowns.

I just listened to Pelosi's press conference. There will be no floor vote on impeachment investigation. Adam Schiff also spoke. Trump's phone call was not an isolated thing. It was preceded by laying the ground work for this call and follow up afterwards. This is being investigated and will make it hard for Trump to argue it was not part of a concerted effort to extort Ukraine for political rat fuckery. Guiliani, Sondheim and others were part of an off the record shadow state department that kept the state department proper in the dark.

Sondheim? Yeah, send in the clowns.

Gordon Sondland. We already have lots of clowns.

So can we start talking about how the whistleblower was lying and Trump thinks he is owed an apology? The interviewing might have underestimated the problem, not exaggerated. This was a conspiracy with the AG, President, Chief of Staff, President's lawyer deeply in the know.

The GOP at these depositions must be having larger lumps of lead in their stomach feelings with each passing interviewee.

So can we start talking about how the whistleblower was lying and Trump thinks he is owed an apology?
Yes.
It does appear that i owe Bonespurs a deep apology. I continue to underappreciate just how totally amoral he actually is. I mean, you THINK you know, but you never know.

Sorry i underestimated your greed, sir.

In some cases the whistleblower has ulterior motives. Just saying.
Oh, you mean the man who is guilty as hell... and knows it... had legitimate concerns regarding the motives of the whistleblower?

In some cases the whistleblower has ulterior motives. Just saying.
Oh, you mean the man who is guilty as hell... and knows it... had legitimate concerns regarding the motives of the whistleblower?
Kinda like the creationists trying to say that Darwin was Racist. Or sexist or some other problem.
Even if true, the investigation has moved on beyond them. Even if the whistleblower was Trump's illegitimate son by an underage girl he raped, the question is no longer what the whistleblower has to say. It's now about the transcripts and the testimony of State Department people, Congresspeople, etc.

Trump Admin is apparently alarmed that fired professional staff are not lying (instead are telling the truth at alarming rates) to protect people that wrongly terminated them.
article said:
Watching this, officials are growing frustrated because they are mainly being forced to learn about what these officials divulged from news reporters. There is no White House counsel present in the room and officials are not given transcripts or readouts after they leave, one person told CNN.
Isn't this the best. The Admin doesn't have a plan because they don't know if the people they fired will testify fully and be honest. And up to now, the answer is 'they've been honest and very forthcoming'. So they need to wait to see what they'll need to deny based on what gets leaked.

The Trump Admin doesn't seem to get what loyalty is all about or what is or isn't legal. These people can go to jail for lying.

Back
Top Bottom