• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

The next step in the road.

Pelosi Says House Will Draft Impeachment Charges Against Trump - The New York Times - "The speaker said she was instructing House committee chairmen to move forward with articles of impeachment against President Trump; another hearing is scheduled for Monday."

Read Nancy Pelosi’s Remarks on Articles of Impeachment - The New York Times
NP first talked about some Founders' concerns about what to do about a troublesome President. Especially an arrogant one who says things like “Article 2 says I can do whatever I want.”
Our democracy is what is at stake. The president leaves us no choice but to act because he is trying to corrupt, once again, the election for his own benefit. The president has engaged in abuse of power undermining our national security and jeopardizing the integrity of our elections. His actions are in defiance of the vision of our founders and the oath of office that he takes to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Sadly, but with confidence and humility, with allegiance to our founders and a heart full of love for America, today I am asking our chairmen to proceed with articles of impeachment. I commend our committee chairs and our members for their somber approach to actions which I wish the president had not made necessary.

Pelosi Denies ‘Hate’ for Trump, Who Accuses Her of Having a ‘Nervous Fit’ - The New York Times

“Do you hate the president?” asked James Rosen, a reporter from a conservative TV network, explaining that Republicans are claiming that the Democrats are impeaching him out of some personal grudge. After criticizing the President on some issues, NP continued
“This is about the Constitution of the United States and the facts that lead to the president’s violation of his oath of office,” the speaker said sharply after returning to the lectern to speak into a microphone and face the still-rolling cameras. “As a Catholic, I resent your using the word ‘hate’ in a sentence that addresses me. I don’t hate anyone.”

“I was raised in a way that is a heart full of love, and always pray for the president,” she continued. “And I still pray for the president. I pray for the president all the time. So don’t mess with me when it comes to words like that.”
Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "Nancy Pelosi just had a nervous fit. She hates that we will soon have 182 great new judges and sooo much more. Stock Market and employment records. She says she “prays for the President.” I don’t believe her, not even close. Help the homeless in your district Nancy. USMCA?" / Twitter

The article mentioned the confrontation last month, where NP pointed a finger at him.

Aaron Rupar on Twitter: "Wow. Pelosi takes umbrage at a reporter asking her, "do you hate the president?" as she walks away from the podium.
"I don't hate anybody," she says. "This is about the Constitution ... as a Catholic, I resent you using the word 'hate' in a sentence that addresses me." https://t.co/sh5DpoccRS" / Twitter

Aaron Rupar on Twitter: "This is the Sinclair staffer that asked Pelosi if she hates the president 👇https://t.co/yr3ovfbQSY" / Twitter

James Rosen on Twitter: "My appearance on the radio show of ⁦@SebGorka⁩ yesterday, discussing the first public comments of ⁦@NatSecLisa⁩ and the controversies that have plagued ⁦@FBI⁩ in recent years. https://t.co/c7tO12q6Ug" / Twitter

🆘 Just The Facts 🆘 on Twitter: "@ProudResister @SpeakerPelosi @realDonaldTrump "All Roads With You Lead to Putin"
Speaker Pelosi never would have said that casually without incontrovertible evidence
She knows far more about Trump than he thinks she knows MAJORITY 🇺🇸 wants him impeached/removed from WH
#AmericansForImpeachment
is trending for a reason https://t.co/BteIGliGC1" / Twitter

Nancy Pelosi and the Persistent White Pantsuit - The New York Times - "Almost every time history is being made, there it is. It’s not a suit anymore. It’s a symbol."

She was wearing a white jacket and pants, with a black shirt. During the SOTU address last February, she wore an all-white one, and she her fellow Congresswomen wore white in honor of the suffragettes, the women who fought for the right to vote a century ago.

Under Obama...there was a threat to withhold aid unless Ukraine fired a corrupt prosecutor. For one, it was a transparent policy, not secret, and it wasn't done for personal political benefit. This fired prosecutor then told some Trumpies that he was fired because he wanted to investigate Hunter Biden. The rest you can fill in.

Also under Obama, it wasn't just US policy. Our European allies were telling Ukraine the same thing.

My understanding is that the Ukrainian Parliament also voted to have him removed.

Under Obama...there was a threat to withhold aid unless Ukraine fired a corrupt prosecutor. For one, it was a transparent policy, not secret, and it wasn't done for personal political benefit. This fired prosecutor then told some Trumpies that he was fired because he wanted to investigate Hunter Biden. The rest you can fill in.

Also under Obama, it wasn't just US policy. Our European allies were telling Ukraine the same thing.

My understanding is that the Ukrainian Parliament also voted to have him removed.
Before or after US/EU/Joe demanded his removal?
If before then there would have been no need to waste money on a trip over there.

• Republicans say the Democrats are going too quickly (partisan speak for, we want this to linger so it drops in the polls).
  • Say there is more evidence available (that Trump is withholding).
  • Say that they should let the courts decide on additional testimony (technically SCOTUS has no authority to enforce ruling to hand over documentation or compel people to testify... and would Congress actually arrest people in the Trump Admin... is that where we want to go?).
  • They say the process is unfair (in the sense, the Republicans have been grandstanding during every deposition and hearing to date).
  • But but but Turley says... (supported the impeachment of President Clinton for committing perjury regarding testimony on an affair).
  • They say, the people don't think this is a fair process (but a plurality to a majority of the people support removal from office).
  • They say Trump did nothing wrong (Americans disagree and think Trump dun fucked up).

Is there any part of the Republican argument that isn't void of basic honesty?

And it wasn't a secret!

• Republicans say the Democrats are going too quickly (partisan speak for, we want this to linger so it drops in the polls).
  • Say that they should let the courts decide on additional testimony (technically SCOTUS has no authority to enforce ruling to hand over documentation or compel people to testify... and would Congress actually arrest people in the Trump Admin... is that where we want to go?).
  • They say the process is unfair (in the sense, the Republicans have been grandstanding during every deposition and hearing to date).
  • But but but Turley says... (supported the impeachment of President Clinton for committing perjury regarding testimony on an affair).
  • They say, the people don't think this is a fair process (but a plurality to a majority of the people support removal from office).
  • They say Trump did nothing wrong (Americans disagree and think Trump dun fucked up).

We'll see if the Senate trial amounts to a show trial/dog and pony show. If the republicans aren't careful they will get exactly what they are asking for and lots more witnesses will be able to testify. The longer this goes on the better. Lets get Guliani and Pompeo and Perry on the stand.

I was just reacting to Angelo's absurd idea that we gave Iran money.

But you have to give him credit for his ability to retain and regurgitate Trump's lies.
I can only recall about a hundred of them at a time - angelo seems to have all 14,000+ committed to memory.
I wish he'd stop showing me up by constantly repeating them to demonstrate his superior retention. ;)

He's a far better dupe than you. The trick is to understand that you have to stop paying attention to your own lying eyes and open your mind all the way.. wider... wider... <shlooop> until your brains completely fall out.

The clowns of the Dems had better make up their minds on which grounds will they push for impeachment of a legitimately elected President who's done nothing wrong, except open his big mouth when it would be better off shutting up!

Is it not wrong to extort a foreign nation for personal political gain?

The Bidens are guilty of the very same things. Why aren't you jumping up and down about them? Oh, that's right. They're allowed to because they're Democrats!

That is the same thing as saying that a person robbing a bank by blowing the vault with explosives is the same as a customer performing a withdrawal on their account through a teller. Both entities have taken cash from the bank. TAKING MONEY FROM A BANK IS ILLEGAL!!@!

We'll see if the Senate trial amounts to a show trial/dog and pony show. If the republicans aren't careful they will get exactly what they are asking for and lots more witnesses will be able to testify. The longer this goes on the better. Lets get Guliani and Pompeo and Perry on the stand.

The chances of the senate voting for impeachment are zilch!

At this point I have to agree. That's why I want to see more witnesses and get more testimony. If that is able to happen the chances that a few of the GOP will change sides is good.

I think 2/3 is impossible but I'll take a majority of senators for the record. That would mean a majority of the House and a majority of the Senate thought the guy was guilty and should be removed from office. I can live with that.

I'm hoping to hear more about an idea I heard being floated last night:
Call a House vote and impeach him on 1-2 counts, then sit on it. Continue to investigate and call witnesses. Impeach on another count. Sit on it.
Lather, rinse, repeat indefinitely and never allow Moscow Mitch's gang the chance to acquit. After the election, call for a Senate vote if he wins...

Stopped clocks etc... that is correct (at this juncture). So why let them vote at all?

Would this be do-able? Legal? Constitutional?

The clowns of the Dems had better make up their minds on which grounds will they push for impeachment of a legitimately elected President who's done nothing wrong, except open his big mouth when it would be better off shutting up!

Is it not wrong to extort a foreign nation for personal political gain?

The Bidens are guilty of the very same things. Why aren't you jumping up and down about them? Oh, that's right. They're allowed to because they're Democrats!

Rethinking about this...

First you said that President Trump has "done nothing wrong."

Then you said that the Bidens are "guilty of the very same things."

I don't understand how the Bidens can be "guilty" for doing the same thing that President Trump did, which was "nothing wrong."

Either they are all guilty, or they have all done nothing wrong. Care to comment?

Rethinking about this...

I don't understand how the Bidens can be "guilty" for doing the same thing that President Trump did, which was "nothing wrong."

Either they are all guilty, or they have all done nothing wrong. Care to comment?

The same thing as " bullying or trying to influence." Further, it's been a witch hunt since they failed to win the White house in 2016.

The reason is stated here...........................https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/15247/trump-congress-checks-balances

I'm not sure you answered my original question.

Is it, or is it not wrong
to extort a foreign nation for personal political gain?

If it is wrong, and if the Bidens are "guilty" of doing it, then President Trump is "guilty" of doing it too, which justifies the impeachment.

If it is not wrong, then the Bidens are not "guilty" of doing it, so there's no reason for WhatAbout-ism.

Also, if it is not wrong, then why are so many Republicans acting as if it is wrong?

Rethinking about this...

The same thing as " bullying or trying to influence." Further, it's been a witch hunt since they failed to win the White house in 2016.

The reason is stated here...........................https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/15247/trump-congress-checks-balances

Give us a break. Running all over the field chasing moving goalposts is tiring.

Back
Top Bottom