• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pentagon Confirms UFO Video

I would like to hear what the military analysts say about what the videos indicate. So far all I have heard is the wild speculation by "news" commentators.

The Pentagon confirming the videos are real doesn't really say much about what the video shows.

There’s a great discussion of this on metabunk. The “pyramid” shape is simply bokeh from an out of focus night vision device with a three blade aperture.

The video is real but the object in the video is an airplane.

But an unidentified airplane.

The folks at metabunk can quite often identify the airplanes too but I don’t know if they have in this particular case. Will have to read through the thread again and check.

I was joking.

But I am so tired of those aliens that come here and don't introduce themselves.

Sneaky little spies.

My odds are 1-100,000 that it isn't aliens. That isn't backwards.

There’s a great discussion of this on metabunk. The “pyramid” shape is simply bokeh from an out of focus night vision device with a three blade aperture.

The video is real but the object in the video is an airplane.
This. It's real in that it's unidentified, but nothing about it indicates anything spectacular or 'out of this world'.

Breaking news just in...the Pentagon publicly announces they have a video of something they can not identify. The CDC recommends wrapping your head in aluminum foil to keep out the death rays..

If anything it is a Chinese or Russian hypersonic craft. Back in the 90s there were reports of a periodic disturbance in the SW desert that registered on seismographs. It masde the national maionstream news.

Analysis showed it was not an earthquake and was kjey caides by a kow flying hypersonic aircraft.

An Air Force spokesman said publicly 'trust us it is in the national interest'.

The fuss is a big yawn. Remember no one new about the first stealth aircraft until one crashed during tests.

If not us it is Russia or China. Russia has announce a fast and agile cruise missile with global range.

But an unidentified airplane.

The folks at metabunk can quite often identify the airplanes too but I don’t know if they have in this particular case. Will have to read through the thread again and check.

I was joking.

But I am so tired of those aliens that come here and don't introduce themselves.

Sneaky little spies.
I wasn’t joking. Very often the members on metabunk can sleuth out specific flights by matching dates and times and angles in photos or videos.

Sneaky little spies.

Damn straight. Why are the cavity searches always handed out to some goober who's frog-gigging in a bog in Arkansas, or to Colleen Rafferty on SNL??
...But perhaps I say too much.

Sneaky little spies.

Damn straight. Why are the cavity searches always handed out to some goober who's frog-gigging in a bog in Arkansas, or to Colleen Rafferty on SNL??
...But perhaps I say too much.

Maybe alien anatomy has the center of its neural circuitry very near it's anus, and these aliens are just looking for human brains. In any case it's a very probing question.

This is all very strange. This thread appears just when Comet scifi is staring to run the X Files reruns.

They must be trying to tell us something.

I like James Oberg's "our secrets" theory.

Oberg, Jim
But don't stop merely with legalizing disclosure of all -- if any -- government secrets about "real UFOs". I believe there is a far more valuable body of "secrets" that will help understand the decades of UFO phenomena that the world has experienced. This deals with government-related activities which directly or indirectly led to public perceptions that UFOs might be real when they weren't. Sometimes these actions were carefully orchestrated in advance, sometimes they were localized impromptu ad hoc damage- limitation tactics. But from my own experience, they seem to have played a tremendous and widely unappreciated role in inciting and enflaming public interests in UFOs while deflecting public attention from real highly-classified government activities.

I'm referring to situations where government representatives -- officials, military officers, any employees -- used "UFO" as a convenient camouflage for other official classified activities (such as retrieval of crashed aircraft or nuclear weapons or other objects), or used artificial "UFO stories" (in oral, written, photographic, film, etc.) form as "tracers" in studying the function of security safeguards and personnel psychological responses, or used "UFO" as an excuse (either intended or accidental) to cover-up improper, forbidden, or diplomatically delicate activities (such as aviation incidents involving dangerous accidental or deliberate close passes or intercepts of civilian airliners, or overseas excursions of agents on intelligence missions where deflection of local perceptions was useful, or to conceal from the country of origin the possession of foreign military hardware), or played pranks and jokes on intended or accidental targets, or any other activity that the government -- or any part of it -- wanted to keep hidden, knowing that having it thought of as "UFO-related" would consign it to the never-never- land of myth and nuttiness, thus keeping mainstream media attention to a minimum. And it's worked!!

James Oberg's Pioneering Space - space age myths and legends
has some examples of this, like:
James Oberg's Pioneering Space - "Soviet Saucers and Space Secrets"
This talk reveals for the first time how these two themes were secretly interwoven, as Soviet military missile and space activities accidentally sparked most of the most famous 'UFO flaps' in Russia -- and then how Moscow officials opportunistically adapted the 'UFO identity' as camouflage to divert and suppress public reports of strange lights in the sky (reports that could provide Western military intelligence services with key insights into features of the top-secret aerospace systems, some of them treaty-breaking, being witnessed in action by ordinary people all across the Soviet Union).
with
Soviet-Saucers Secrets (PDF)

Just a niggle... if it IS aliens, then does it belong in the "Natural Science" forum?

One of the videos, I think Infrared one from a jet fighter off the coast of California looks like something mechanical got in front of the camera.
I mean it belongs to aircraft, it rotates too mechanically and follows aircraft, not other way around. I wish dumb pilot have tried to "lose" it.

One of the videos, I think Infrared one from a jet fighter off the coast of California looks like something mechanical got in front of the camera.
I mean it belongs to aircraft, it rotates too mechanically and follows aircraft, not other way around. I wish dumb pilot have tried to "lose" it.
LOL, just saw the former pilot talking about it. He mentioned UFO preceding actions of the pilots.
Boy, these people are idiots. What's next? only one camera and only on one plane was able to see the "object"?
Fucking idiots!

Back
Top Bottom