• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pluto flyover by New Horizons

Pretty amazing...... and then for some contrast ISIS destroying everything on its path.

or space junkies like me that haven't see it yet, here's a video from the probe, New Horizons, as it passes over Pluto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ydU-YrG_INk

Why is it animated? If they can send photographs from there why not videos too?

Video is pretty useless as far as science concerned.
Also it's pretty dark there, I think these pictures have pretty long exposure time.
Not to mention video would be pretty slow motion.

Why is it animated? If they can send photographs from there why not videos too?
Also it's pretty dark there, I think these pictures have pretty long exposure time.

So it isn't tangible evidence of the supposed fly-past then? In other words it's nothing more than a fanciful PR stunt. As I've said - it will take more than speculative abstract spin to convince me.

So it isn't tangible evidence of the supposed fly-past then? In other words it's nothing more than a fanciful PR stunt. As I've said - it will take more than speculative abstract spin to convince me.
Are you implying they did not go to Pluto?
And yes, scientifically speaking this video has very little value. But it is still pretty great.

No craters, looks like an active geology happening. Maybe something along the lines of Europa, tidal forces (Pluto's moon) generating heat...with perhaps liquid water/oceans below a thick layer of ice?

To convince you of what?

To convince you of what?

Oh gods, do we now have to contend with people who think we faked the pluto flyby as well?

To convince you of what?

Oh gods, do we now have to contend with people who think we faked the pluto flyby as well?

Of course we do. With over seven billion people in the world, it is inevitable that every thing of any import that happens will become a conspiracy theory for someone.

Human beings are fucking crazy.

Of course we do. With over seven billion people in the world, it is inevitable that every thing of any import that happens will become a conspiracy theory for someone.

There are those of you who believe in an exterior universe, even though the whole thing is designed to look natural....

Hmm.. some kids probably recite that stuff like it's true.

Are you implying they did not go to Pluto?And yes, scientifically speaking this video has very little value. But it is still pretty great.

Are you implying they did? If so can you provide some proof please? I don't mean just parrot what the 'scientists' have already put into the public domain, I mean something convincing. And why does everyone keep saying 'pretty' this and 'pretty' that these days!
eek7.gif

And fucking gullible, obviously! I suspect that the human race is regressing into childhood; I guess the dumbing down agenda is accomplished.

Are you implying they did not go to Pluto?And yes, scientifically speaking this video has very little value. But it is still pretty great.

Are you implying they did? If so can you provide some proof please? I don't mean just parrot what the 'scientists' have already put into the public domain, I mean something convincing. And why does everyone keep saying 'pretty' this and 'pretty' that these days!
eek7.gif

Jet fuel cannot melt the grassy knoll. That's all the proof you need.

eek7.gif

Jet fuel cannot melt the grassy knoll. That's all the proof you need.

Thanks for that. I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about but thanks anyway. I'm sure it was well-meant!
smiley-laughing002.gif

eek7.gif

Not sure if you are serious...but there are too many independent radio astronomy stations and researchers worldwide that can and do pick up signals from probes to allow something like this to be faked. Every nation that are not a friend of the USA, which has the means to discredit the data, would be more than happy for the opportunity to discredit it.

eek7.gif

Jesus fucking christ. If you're serious then that certainly explains a thing or two.

Back
Top Bottom