• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

This is not a direct link to the full video. Instead, it leads to the police department's YouTube channel, where you can find a link to the complete video. This will ensure the video works for those who want to view it. It's named Sangamon County Sheriff's Office July 6, 2024 OIS Incident.

For the record, I'm not making the argument that law enforcement never gets it right. They damn sure got it wrong for Sonya Massey.

Last edited:
The Police are releasing a 6 CD set for Synchronicity. Generally what is already out there, outtakes and remixes. And two live CDs which seem to play the same set list as their live CDs released back in the 90s. They want over $120 for this thing. Not even a blu-ray high resolution DTS. Just CDs.

Wait... sorry, wrong thread.

"I'm not even going to waste my meds," he said to an officer who then asked, "Where's the gun?" To which he replied "no", then lied claiming, "She came at me with boiling water." No sir you came at her with a gun and the pot was in the sink getting filed with not boiling water.

The Police are releasing a 6 CD set for Synchronicity. Generally what is already out there, outtakes and remixes. And two live CDs which seem to play the same set list as their live CDs released back in the 90s. They want over $120 for this thing. Not even a blu-ray high resolution DTS. Just CDs.

No, that's absolutely on-topic. It does say "catch all", and that's absolutely misconduct by The Police.

We can thank body cams for that. There was no access to remixes in the 10's 20's 30's 40's 50's 60's 70's 80's and 90's.

Wait for the Bluray remaster. makes the blood a nice bright color.

After watching the video in slow motion multiple times, she did throw the pot toward the officers.

Edit: In self defense against someone who just threaten to shoot her in the face.

After watching the video in slow motion multiple times, she did throw the pot toward the officers.

Edit: In self defense against someone who just threaten to shoot her in the face.
Yes, but that was after she was on her knees, empty handed with the cop yelling to drop the pot she wasn't holding. Maybe she grabbed the pot so he could see her dropping it, or maybe it was self defense.

Did she though? I didn't see that.

I don't understand why the cop that shot her got triggered by "I rebuke you in the name of jesus". It's a weird thing to say while holding a pot of scalding water, but it is really weird that the cop's response was "don't you dare or I'll shoot you in the fucking face". I didn't see any motion from her that would indicate she was going to launch the pot at him. And as soon as he yelled she said sorry and dropped to the floor and I would say any potential threat was gone. Did he see in her face that she was contemplating launching the pot at him?

She did. If you watch the video at the slowest speed, after she said she's sorry and dropped to the ground leaving the pot in the sink, you can see her just under the officer's right arm as he was approaching her, grabbing the pot from the sink and tossing it in the officers direction. She was practically on her knees at that moment she released the pot. I believe she did that in a panic because the officer treated her as if she had the pot even in the moments that she didn't. She was scared.

She did. If you watch the video at the slowest speed, after she said she's sorry and dropped to the ground leaving the pot in the sink, you can see her just under the officer's right arm as he was approaching her, grabbing the pot from the sink and tossing it in the officers direction. She was practically on her knees at that moment she released the pot. I believe she did that in a panic because the officer treated her as if she had the pot even in the moments that she didn't. She was scared.

I've watched it a few times at the slowest speed and it's not clear to me what she did and I don't see the pot, maybe it's the resolution on my monitor or something. It's possible I suppose so I'll defer to your judgement as you have taken the time to review. But I still say the cop is a raging psycho with an itchy trigger finger.

It appears that when she first approached the pot (as instructed by the officer), she placed it in the sink and turned on the water. Adding cold water to boiling water stops it from boiling, according to basic science. Then in a panic, after she initially dropped to the floor & the officer's aggression peaked, she appeared to grab the pot from the sink. It's unclear if she threw the pot towards the officer, but by then, it was no longer boiling water. The sound of running water can still be heard as background noise to her choking on her own blood.

But let me guess, some people will see her reaching for the pot as justification for the officer's actions. :rolleyes:
Water can still burn even if cooled below boiling.

They didn't even need to enter the home. There was absolutely no reason for them to go inside or remain if they felt unwelcome. Both officers should have taken that rebuke in Jesus' name as an invitation to leave. Instead, one of them explicitly admitted he was going to shoot her in the face & closed the gap between them to do precisely that. Then followed up with delaying medical treatment. First-degree murder charges make sense.
There most certainly is a reason to enter if they didn't catch the guy. They need to make sure he's not inside and she's acting under duress.

It appears that when she first approached the pot (as instructed by the officer), she placed it in the sink and turned on the water. Adding cold water to boiling water stops it from boiling, according to basic science. Then in a panic, after she initially dropped to the floor & the officer's aggression peaked, she appeared to grab the pot from the sink. It's unclear if she threw the pot towards the officer, but by then, it was no longer boiling water. The sound of running water can still be heard as background noise to her choking on her own blood.

But let me guess, some people will see her reaching for the pot as justification for the officer's actions. :rolleyes:
Water can still burn even if cooled below boiling.
Well, his employer didn’t buy that excuse. Not only did they fire his ass, they charged him with murder.

How do you throw something in self defense against a threat rather than against an action?

Back
Top Bottom