• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

Angry Floof, to expand on my previous point, several left-wing activists were just charged in Philadelphia with arson for torching some police cars.
That did not happen during these latest riots but during the ones in May after George Floyd died of an fentanyl overdose.

The indictment of a prominent activist, 3 others for allegedly torching cop cars has become a flash point in the debate around Philly protests

Note that their fellow #BLM activists do not think people who torch police cars should be prosecuted for arson. What a surprise! It echoes the support the New York lawyer arsonists have received in leftist circles.

Speaking of NYC, there have been riots and looting there too.
Walter Wallace protests in Brooklyn erupt into riots, looting

But you want to ignore all that violence because it does not fit your biases.

Angry Floof, to expand on my previous point, several left-wing activists were just charged in Philadelphia with arson for torching some police cars.
That did not happen during these latest riots but during the ones in May after George Floyd died of an fentanyl overdose.

The indictment of a prominent activist, 3 others for allegedly torching cop cars has become a flash point in the debate around Philly protests

Note that their fellow #BLM activists do not think people who torch police cars should be prosecuted for arson. What a surprise! It echoes the support the New York lawyer arsonists have received in leftist circles.

Speaking of NYC, there have been riots and looting there too.
Walter Wallace protests in Brooklyn erupt into riots, looting

But you want to ignore all that violence because it does not fit your biases.

That is some serious mental gymnastics.

In one case, we know more or less what happened. The girlfriend was fleeing from police, another officer encountered them. She drove toward him in reverse.

No, we do not know that because the officer that did the shooting had his body cam turned off at the time. He has since been fired for the body cam rule violation.

No, we do not know that because the officer that did the shooting had his body cam turned off at the time.
Actually, there is a video out now.
What we can see:
1. The first cop they encountered wanted to arrest Marcellus for an outstanding warrant. That's why the girlfriend sped away. She lied in her description of how it went down.
2. She was fleeing police, weaving around police cars, running at least one stop sign and finally crashing the car into the curb. Again, the girlfriend was lying.
3. It is obvious from the dash camera that she was reversing rapidly right before the shots were fired.

So the girlfriend is a liar. She thought she could outrun the police and save her boyfriend from arrest. Unfortunately, her reckless and criminal actions led to his death. She is lucky, as they both almost got Bonnie and Clyded. :)

He has since been fired for the body cam rule violation.
Police officers getting fired to appease #BLMers has become favorite pastime of spineless city and county officials. It says nothing about anything except the perceived need to offer a scapegoat.

Not gymnastics at all, just giving you a few examples of left-wing (mostly #BLMer) violence that you conveniently ignore.

I do not conveniently ignore it. I just know it's not even a drop in the bucket compared to the national security threat of the various groups of violent white supremacist morons. Once again, the people and agencies and organizations that have to deal with actual violence and threats are not all that concerned about BLM protesters or rioters or that mysterious organization "antifa."

But I guess we should take Derec's assessment as the most realistic and accurate, right? Jesus Christ. :rofl:

Not gymnastics at all, just giving you a few examples of left-wing (mostly #BLMer) violence that you conveniently ignore.

I do not conveniently ignore it. I just know it's not even a drop in the bucket compared to the national security threat of the various groups of violent white supremacist morons. Once again, the people and agencies and organizations that have to deal with actual violence and threats are not all that concerned about BLM protesters or rioters or that mysterious organization "antifa."

But I guess we should take Derec's assessment as the most realistic and accurate, right? Jesus Christ. :rofl:

Damn, you live in bubble. Portland and Seattle police would like to have a word.

Damn, you live in bubble. Portland and Seattle police would like to have a word.

:rofl: Yeah, that's the ticket. ;)

So are you guys somehow truly blind to the level of violence and threat that comes from white supremacists and other right wing authoritarian morons (not that there's much difference there)? Or are you just pretending to be cult zealots for some perverse reason?

Also, once again, do you really not notice that when Trump says something derogatory about a Dem or anyone in your hated out-groups, it's right wing morons who threaten that person or actually attempt to kidnap them or something equally violent or threatening? But here's the interesting part: whenever a Trump critic says something criticizing Trump that gets his attention or sounds threatening to Trump, it's still the right wing morons who threaten or commit violence against that person.

Kathy Griffin made a horrendous display of a fake bloody Trump head, but no "antifa" or BLM or anyone among your hated outgroups have responded to that with violence or threats or taking it as permission to commit or threaten violence. But, of course, right wing morons have threatened her. No "antifa" has threatened to behead the orange hobgoblin in response.

When Trump made his equally horrendous comment about Biden getting shot (maybe more so given his power in general and his power over his seething mass of obedient, violent morons), it will be those same violent right wing morons who will threaten or attempt to assassinate Biden. They've already tried to kidnap the governor that King Orange Buttercup sicced them on. They believe they're on a divine mission or some shit and they will make the attempt on Biden's life. I know you know this works and we see it every day. But please keep denying and pretending and putting yourselves on display.

No, we do not know that because the officer that did the shooting had his body cam turned off at the time.
Actually, there is a video out now.
What we can see:
1. The first cop they encountered wanted to arrest Marcellus for an outstanding warrant. That's why the girlfriend sped away. She lied in her description of how it went down.
2. She was fleeing police, weaving around police cars, running at least one stop sign and finally crashing the car into the curb. Again, the girlfriend was lying.
3. It is obvious from the dash camera that she was reversing rapidly right before the shots were fired.

So the girlfriend is a liar. She thought she could outrun the police and save her boyfriend from arrest. Unfortunately, her reckless and criminal actions led to his death. She is lucky, as they both almost got Bonnie and Clyded. :)

Police officers getting fired to appease #BLMers has become favorite pastime of spineless city and county officials. It says nothing about anything except the perceived need to offer a scapegoat.

That's the same video that's already been shown. It does not show the car going towards any officer.

The girlfriend speeds away and the cop yells "She ran me over!" when nothing of the sort happens. Is it a trained procedure of cops to lie about fleeing suspects?

Nearly every PD in the US has bodycams on their forces now.

The default position for any lawyer, judge, DA, or anyone reading the 'police account' should that if the body cam footage is "lost" or it wasn't turned on, just assume it's because the cops are lying. On the rare occasion when they do something correctly, they quickly and fully release the video.

Come on people, this really isn't that hard.

Note the differences between these two responses.

1) Don't need info to justify a "good shoot" (Who the fuck calls killing someone a 'good shoot'?)
2) Need more information, because there might be a way to justify killing or shooting someone that otherwise seems completely innocent.

nuff said. LP, if you still can't see your inherent bias here, I don't know if anyone can help you.

I just wish you weren't a mod so I could put you on ignore.
url
Made that more accurate for you.

Disagree on this one--we need to get serious about police not using their cameras when they should.

Have you not been paying attention? Note how the problem went way down when the feds quit stirring the pot.

Have you not been paying attention? Note how the problem went way down when the feds quit stirring the pot.

You clearly don’t live in the Pacific NW.

Disagree on this one--we need to get serious about police not using their cameras when they should.

Agreed. This opens the municipality to larger legal settlements that could have been avoided with a clearer picture of the incident.

Report: KSP training presentation quotes Hitler, pushes for cadets to be ‘ruthless killers’

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - A slideshow presentation used to train Kentucky State Police cadets pushes for the recruits to be “ruthless killers," the duPont Manual High School newspaper Manual RedEye reports.

The student publication reveals the slideshow also quotes Nazi leader Adolf Hitler to encourage cadets to use violence while on the force.

It was reportedly removed in 2013 and is not currently used.

Writers for Manual RedEye were sent the KSP presentation by a local attorney, David Ward, who got the material through an open records request. His request was for any state police training materials used to train a trooper involved in a fatal shooting in Harlan County in 2018.

MCNMCVVNWRBLZAVRMPJQXGL6GQ.jpeg

much more in the link.

Try reading between the lines. She's omitting key details that she should know because she knows the details around them. I don't even need to see the police side of it to know it was a justified shoot.

"a justified shoot"

I cannot adequately express how deeply disturbing it is to hear you call a situation where police end the life of a man in the passenger seat of a car as "a shoot"

Is he like an elk that walks under your tree stand?
Is he a wolf that you've bagged from your helicopter?
An elephant that you stayed up all night tracking to kill?

It's horrible that you say that.

What is worse, we have had this conversation before, so not only is it a situation of you saying something truly deplorable, but it is a case of you doing it when you know the people you are speaking with find it cruelly unfeeling and repugnantly dehumanizing. And you still choose that as the word you converse with.

Your ongoing and consistent use of the terms "a good shoot" and "a justified shoot" remain the most morally bankrupt thing I have ever read in this forum.

"a shoot"?

A person lost his life in the passenger seat of a car. It takes a cold and malevolent outlook to call that "a shoot" whether it is justified or not.

Disgusting, Loren. Really, deeply disgusting.

Try reading between the lines. She's omitting key details that she should know because she knows the details around them. I don't even need to see the police side of it to know it was a justified shoot.

"a justified shoot"

I cannot adequately express how deeply disturbing it is to hear you call a situation where police end the life of a man in the passenger seat of a car as "a shoot"

Is he like an elk that walks under your tree stand?
Is he a wolf that you've bagged from your helicopter?
An elephant that you stayed up all night tracking to kill?

It's horrible that you say that.

What is worse, we have had this conversation before, so not only is it a situation of you saying something truly deplorable, but it is a case of you doing it when you know the people you are speaking with find it cruelly unfeeling and repugnantly dehumanizing. And you still choose that as the word you converse with.

Your ongoing and consistent use of the terms "a good shoot" and "a justified shoot" remain the most morally bankrupt thing I have ever read in this forum.

"a shoot"?

A person lost his life in the passenger seat of a car. It takes a cold and malevolent outlook to call that "a shoot" whether it is justified or not.

Disgusting, Loren. Really, deeply disgusting.

I was thinking in this vein a few minutes ago when reading about the man shot by police and they left is body laying in the street for 12 hours. No covering, no tent, just laying there, as if he were a wild animal and they were all strutting around proud of their kill.

I was thinking in this vein a few minutes ago when reading about the man shot by police and they left is body laying in the street for 12 hours. No covering, no tent, just laying there, as if he were a wild animal and they were all strutting around proud of their kill.
You mean this guy?
niggashootme.png
Famous (almost) last words.
Police say that he was shooting at them, but #BLM/Antifas are already calling it "lynching" and are probably fixing to riot. SMFH.

Back
Top Bottom