• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

I agree. Fuck him and make him irrelevant.

May I ask, do you think Trumpers need deprogramming?

I look at these insurrectionists as being a very large collection of morons, who by and large lack any kind of real organization. What they did was appalling, and as I said in a post hereabouts, I hope they are punished to the furthest extent of the law. I am also disappointed with Trump's acquittal. Surprised, in fact!

But, what is this talk of deprogramming, or reprogramming? Seriously? That doesn't strike anyone as sounding a bit like the description of a film, a description that also uses the word 'dystopian'?

A full explanation and thorough deep dive into the Trump pardons could go some distance into deprogramming some about who Trump is as a con man.

But the issues that Trump ran on and brought up as red meat are still valid issues.

Eh we'll see. I think most who would be amenable to changing their mind already assumed he was a con man, they just maybe thought he could be useful.

Like I said before, conservatives are basically sociopaths.
I think it is sociopathic to elevate making fun of a lowlife armed robber and counterfeiter like George Floyd into some sort of woke blasphemy that costs people their jobs.

No, its not. There's nothing funny about a bunch of racist cops
No evidence they are "racist". Making fun of George Floyd is no evidence of racism.

joking about the public lynching of a helpless black man
He wasn't lynched. At most, this was accidental killing by Chauvin as he didn't intend his death. But most probably it was death due to accidental fentanyl and methamphetamine overdose with stress position a minor contributing factor. His autopsy revealed high concentrations of these drugs and severe pulmonary edema. Liquid-filled alveoli obviously cannot participate in gas exchange.

carried out by the police who took an oath to protect said black man.
Accidents happen. Doesn't mean it was murder. Doesn't mean George Floyd should be elevated to the levels he is being elevated to.

If some black people joked about enslaving honkies, would you accept that as humor?

Such humor happens all the time on Black Twitter and they don't even get a suspension. In Atlanta there is a black radio station (WAOK1380) whose programming is filled with anti-white racism including slurs (like calling white people "refrigerators"). There is definite racial double standard when it comes to racism (wokesters even deny that blacks can be racist)

And those examples are straight up racism. What these police officers did isn't even racist - it's directed at an individual (who by all accounts was a piece of shit) and not at a whole race of people.

There is a difference between edgy humour and being a cunt when you are justifiably under public scrutiny.
And what is that difference? Ok to make fun of white people but not make fun of black people?

This would be the same as doctors and nurses making jokes about dead patients when news came out the hospital is criminally negligent.
Such occupational humor is as common among doctors and nurses as it is among cops.

It's clear the cops involved and the medical staff in my hypothetical don't give a flying fuck about duty of care and in both instances deserve to be sacked.
For making fun of a lowlife home-invasion robber cum hero for wake idiots like George Floyd?

I think it is sociopathic to elevate making fun of a lowlife armed robber and counterfeiter like George Floyd into some sort of woke blasphemy that costs people their jobs.

You're justifying his murder at the hands of the police. And no one has lost their job over this incident and I doubt anyone will.

It's sociopathic to elevate armed robbery and counterfeiter to the death penalty when the perp wasn't in the act of armed robbery.

It's sociopathic to elevate armed robbery and counterfeiter to the death penalty when the perp wasn't in the act of armed robbery.
Especially when he served his time and was later trusted enough to become security guard.

New York Post on Twitter: "Video shows NYPD's new robotic dog in action in the Bronx (links)" / Twitter
noting
Video shows NYPD's new robotic dog in action in the Bronx
The NYPD deployed its new robotic dog to a home invasion crime scene in the Bronx on Tuesday morning, new video shows.

Video shows the blue and black, four-legged “Digidog” trotting along the sidewalk, joined by its handlers.

The videographer, Daniel Valls of FreedomNews.tv, wrote that the dog responded to a home invasion and barricaded situation on East 227th Street near White Plains Road in Wakefield.

A spokeswoman for the NYPD said the 70-pound robot is in its test phase and is equipped with lights and cameras to allows cops to see “its surroundings in real-time.”

It also comes with two-way communication, the spokewoman added.
But not everybody is enamored with this nice bottie.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Shout out to everyone who fought against community advocates who demanded these resources go to investments like school counseling instead.

Now robotic surveillance ground drones are being deployed for testing on low-income communities of color with under-resourced schools 👍🏽" / Twitter

Then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Please ask yourself: when was the last time you saw next-generation, world class technology for education, healthcare, housing, etc consistently prioritized for underserved communities like this?" / Twitter

You're justifying his murder at the hands of the police. And no one has lost their job over this incident and I doubt anyone will.

Note the implicit admission that Derec's prescription for criminal justice does not actually work.

If he is still "a lowlife armed robber" after being "punished", what was the fucking point of "punishing" him?

Maybe instead, we should be sending people to schools where they can learn ethics (and the value of ethics) and useful skills...

Jarhyn said:
If he is still "a lowlife armed robber" after being "punished", what was the fucking point of "punishing" him?
Some reasons:

1. To do justice, i.e., to give him what he deserves for what he's done.
2. To protect others from him during the time of the imprisonment.
3. To deter others from doing the same.
4. To deter him from doing the same again.

The degree of effectiveness at attaining the above varies:
1. is achieved usually; there is of course the problem of wrongful convictions, but that's a reason for working on improvements not to get rid of it.
2. also has the problem of prison crime, so better prison security is needed.
3. works to some extent, as clearly the prospect of imprisonment deters to some extent.
4 works on some people, though perhaps not most people.

No evidence they are "racist". Making fun of George Floyd is no evidence of racism.

He wasn't lynched. At most, this was accidental killing by Chauvin as he didn't intend his death. But most probably it was death due to accidental fentanyl and methamphetamine overdose with stress position a minor contributing factor. His autopsy revealed high concentrations of these drugs and severe pulmonary edema. Liquid-filled alveoli obviously cannot participate in gas exchange.

carried out by the police who took an oath to protect said black man.
Accidents happen. Doesn't mean it was murder. Doesn't mean George Floyd should be elevated to the levels he is being elevated to.

His death in no way looked like what you would get from a drug overdose. The right likes to prattle on about "lethal" levels of opiates but they are always figured on someone not habituated to them. A typical fenatyl patch likely would kill a non-user, yet the drug companies make them and not as suicide devices--they're safe for their intended users.

George Floyd died from positional asphyxiation. That application of force had no legal basis, thus it is at a minimum manslaughter. Whether his drug use or medical history made him easier to kill that way is completely irrelevant--manslaughter does not require intent to kill, just intent to do an illegal action that resulted in death. The law says you take your victims as you find them, being more vulnerable is irrelevant.

If some black people joked about enslaving honkies, would you accept that as humor?

Such humor happens all the time on Black Twitter and they don't even get a suspension. In Atlanta there is a black radio station (WAOK1380) whose programming is filled with anti-white racism including slurs (like calling white people "refrigerators"). There is definite racial double standard when it comes to racism (wokesters even deny that blacks can be racist)
Not only is this a whataboutism, it is an irrational one. You are comparing the reaction of the LAPD administration to racist imagery with a non-reaction to alleged anti-white programming in Atlanta. Where is this alleged double standard involving two incidents at different ends of the US and different institutions?

And, how is calling white people "refrigerators" a racist slur?

Not only is this a whataboutism, it is an irrational one.

It's not "whataboutism", it's pointing out rank hypocrisy in our society.

You are comparing the reaction of the LAPD administration to racist imagery

Except mocking a piece of shit robber is not "racist".

with a non-reaction to alleged anti-white programming in Atlanta.

Where is this alleged double standard involving two incidents at different ends of the US and different institutions?

It is a double standard that permeates out entire society, from coast to coast and all institutions. And this double standard is increasing with the prevalence of CRT and "blacks can't be racist" nonsense.

And, how is calling white people "refrigerators" a racist slur?

Referring to people as inanimate objects in inherently demeaning.
Traditionally refrigerators have been white in color. It would be like calling black people "pots" or something in reference to black cast iron pots.

His death in no way looked like what you would get from a drug overdose.

How many overdoses have you witnessed?

The right likes to prattle on about "lethal" levels of opiates but they are always figured on someone not habituated to them.

It's not "the right" but the medical examiner who used that descriptor. In any case, perhaps it was his habitation and meth (a stimulant) that was also in his system that caused the progression of his overdose to proceed differently than you expect. We know from the autopsy that his lungs were filled with liquid which would have impeded gas exchange.

A typical fenatyl patch likely would kill a non-user, yet the drug companies make them and not as suicide devices--they're safe for their intended users.

We are not talking about a pain patient but an long-term addict who also mixes his fentanyl with meth. There was no doubt also accumulated organ and tissue damage from chronic use.

George Floyd died from positional asphyxiation. That application of force had no legal basis, thus it is at a minimum manslaughter.
I disagree. The position may have contributed slightly, but a person not loaded with fentanyl and meth would likely not have suffered any damage, much less death.

Whether his drug use or medical history made him easier to kill that way is completely irrelevant--manslaughter does not require intent to kill, just intent to do an illegal action that resulted in death. The law says you take your victims as you find them, being more vulnerable is irrelevant.

If your interpretation of the law is correct, that would make it a bad law. A rational law would need to take into account how much, if at all, the action of the defendant contributed to the death. You seem to think that even an infinitesimal contribution should be enough to send a cop to prison for many years.

But as to the real point of bringing up George Floyd, he was still a piece of shit and people should not be demonized for mocking him.

The punishment doesn't erase what he did or his character.
Should people involved in the January 6 riot not be referred to as rioters after serving their sentences? Should mocking them be career-ending? Or is that something that should be reserved to the likes of George Floyd?

Nobody is doing that. Nobody gave him the death penalty. The death was accidental, and mostly due to the high levels of powerful drugs in his system (fentanyl, methamphetamine).

Nobody is doing that. Nobody gave him the death penalty. The death was accidental, and mostly due to the high levels of powerful drugs in his system (fentanyl, methamphetamine).

Bullshit on all three points.

Back
Top Bottom