• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

Here's a bit of the report.
As noted above, organizational culture is created and demonstrated through consistent behavior. MPD maintains an organizational culture where officers consistently use racist, misogynistic, and otherwise disrespectful language. Furthermore, MPD does not uniformly and consistently hold officers accountable for using this language.

According to body worn camera footage, discipline records, statements from community members, and interviews with MPD officers, some MPD officers and supervisors use racial slurs. They call Black individuals “niggers” and “monkeys” and call Black women “Black bitches.” One MPD supervisor referred to Somali men as “orangutans.” Similarly, community members reported examples of MPD officers calling Latino individuals “beaners.” MPD officers reported that their colleagues called fellow Black MPD officers “nappy head” and “cattle.”

According to body worn camera footage and interviews with MPD officers and City leaders, some MPD officers and supervisors also use misogynistic language and rely on misogynistic stereotypes. This includes MPD officers calling community members, who are women, “fucking cunt,” “bitch,” and “cussy,” a derogatory term that combines the words “cunt” and “pussy.”

When investigating a sexual assault case, one MPD officer falsely stated that a man could not be guilty of sexually assaulting a woman if they had children together. MPD officers also described a dispatcher as a “bitch.” Additionally, in reference to how a City leader handled a high-profile police event, an MPD supervisor told that City leader that they “hope [the leader] gets fucked in the ass.”

Officers who are the subject of these racist or sexist comments hesitate to, and often simply do not, report the problematic officers because they do not believe in the efficacy of the City’s and MPD’s accountability systems and fear retaliation if they report the harassing behavior. As described below, the lack of confidence in MPD’s accountability systems is echoed by community members as well. Review of disciplinary records demonstrates that between January 2010 and April 2021, MPD rarely disciplined officers for using racist, misogynistic, or inappropriate language.

Hennepin County prosecutors also reported that MPD officers are much less professional and respectful than officers from other police departments in Hennepin County. Since as early as 1993, MPD has had a policy requiring its officers to use professional language and conduct with community members. However, City and County prosecutors noted that it can be difficult to rely on MPD officers’ body worn camera video in court because of how disrespectful and offensive MPD officers are to criminal suspects, witnesses, and bystanders. When MPD officers scream obscenities at community members, it makes it challenging for prosecutors to do their job and therefore undermines the criminal justice system.
Some of my fellow honkies may have a hard time understanding how serious such insults are. Let's say that they were roughed up by some black cops who said that they are "baboons". Would they like that?

Loved that show. was just thinking about it the other day. Aunt Esther. "I'm coming, Elizabeth!" I thought one of these days he's gonna really be having a heart attack and his son will just ignore it.

Some of my fellow honkies may have a hard time understanding how serious such insults are. Let's say that they were roughed up by some black cops who said that they are "baboons". Would they like that?

They wouldn't like it, but it's not really a useful analogy because they would know that they would have recourse and that a bunch of white people, investigators, judges, prosecutors, would all be going about this far up those Black cops' asses eventually, probably sooner than later.

Maybe prison is a better analogy. It doesn't matter what color you are, when you are in prison and can't get out or get away from the ones who have power to hurt you bad, and they decide they don't like you... You're serving a life sentence. This is your world now. No recourse. No privilege.

But then again, racists don't have the brain power or humanity to earnestly explore such thought experiments on themselves.

Minnesota prosecutor says no charges in police raid that killed Amir Locke | Reuters
April 6 (Reuters) - A Minneapolis police officer will not face criminal charges for fatally shooting a 22-year-old Black man during a no-knock raid on an apartment in February, state and local prosecutors said on Wednesday.

Even though the dead man, Amir Locke, was a victim, there was insufficient evidence to bring charges against Mark Hanneman, the member of the Minneapolis SWAT team who fired the shot, according to a statement from Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison and Hennepin County Attorney Michael Freeman.

The state also lacked evidence to prove criminal wrongdoing by any of the officers involved in the planning and execution of the Feb. 2 raid, it said.
However, Keith Ellison has called on lawmakers to consider banning no-knock warrants because of their risks. He wasn't saying "More! More! More!" and saying that we should have a pogrom against young black men because of what evil monsters they are.

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey temporarily ended no-knock warrants in February, though the practice will soon resume, but with strict limits.
There has been an update in the case that precipitated the fatal warrant service.
Amir Locke cousin pleads guilty in killing that led to raid

He got a sweetheart deal too. Will serve far less time than say Chauvin. Black privilege I guess.

There has been an update in the case that precipitated the fatal warrant service.
Amir Locke cousin pleads guilty in killing that led to raid

He got a sweetheart deal too. Will serve far less time than say Chauvin. Black privilege I guess.
You seem to be saying that it is “Black privilege” for a 17yo who pleads guilty and agrees that he’s done wrong in a flash of reaction to get a lesser sentence than a trained adult who deliberately committed his crime in public over 9 minutes and then faught against the consequences.

Do you really believe that? Would you apply your criteria at all cases? It wasn’t just an opportunity to proclaim that Black people are bad, was it? Do you really believe this? that the sentences should have been the same? That all deaths, any death, are exactly the same and all perpetrators shuld be identiacally treated?

You really think that?

You also seem to be saying that this person’s crime is somehow appropriately connected to the lethal no-knock warant. Why do you connect the two? Is it to try to claim that the no-knock warrant and subesequent killing of the resident is… what… justified?

Why did you make this post? Can you explain what point you were trying to make?

You also seem to be saying that this person’s crime is somehow appropriately connected to the lethal no-knock warant. Why do you connect the two? Is it to try to claim that the no-knock warrant and subesequent killing of the resident is… what… justified?

Yeah, I'm confused too. It's almost as if someone has a one track agenda and will do anything to hijack any conversation towards that end. It's quite perplexing.

You seem to be saying that it is “Black privilege” for a 17yo who pleads guilty and agrees that he’s done wrong in a flash of reaction
A "flash of reaction"? The little twerp was already on probation for a previous shooting. Had he been sent to prison for that, a life might have been saved. Three cheers for fauxgressive reform of criminal justice, I guess. :banghead:

to get a lesser sentence than a trained adult who deliberately committed his crime in public over 9 minutes and then faught against the consequences.
You got "deliberately" wrong. Mehki Speed deliberately killed somebody. Chauvin did not intend to kill St. George and I am still convinced a healthy individual who is not on fentanyl and meth would not have died from that.

Do you really believe that?
I really believe that. The Twin Cities area has been very "woke" as of late.

Would you apply your criteria at all cases? It wasn’t just an opportunity to proclaim that Black people are bad, was it?
This particular black person is bad, and should have gotten a longer sentence.

Do you really believe this? that the sentences should have been the same? That all deaths, any death, are exactly the same and all perpetrators shuld be identiacally treated?
I do not think all deaths are the same. That would be absurd. But I do not buy all the excuses for Mehki Speed's deliberate action either. He should not have gotten to plead to "unintentional" homicide as if he accidentally aimed the gun and accidentally pulled the trigger.

You also seem to be saying that this person’s crime is somehow appropriately connected to the lethal no-knock warant.
It is. The reason there was a warant[sic] to begin with is the investigation of murder of Otis Elder. No murder, no warrant, no dead Amir Locke. Mehki Speed not only has Otis Elder on his conscience, but also his cousin.

Why do you connect the two?
Because one causally led to the other.

Is it to try to claim that the no-knock warrant and subesequent killing of the resident is… what… justified?
Well, the warrant is justified in that it was a duly sworn and signed warrant for a search of a domicile in the the aid of investigating a homicide.
The shooting was justified because Locke grabbed his gun and pointed it in the direction of one of the officers.

It was an update about the precipitating event in a case that was discussed in this thread at some length. Why do you think I should not have posted it?

Yeah, I'm confused too. It's almost as if someone has a one track agenda and will do anything to hijack any conversation towards that end. It's quite perplexing.
It's not hijacking. It's offering an update on a case that was discussed on here for a couple of pages.

Last edited:
This is about a nurse given 6 years in prison as a comparison to police
What does a nurse screwing up (possibly due to nurses given too much freedom to act independently, aka "midlevel creep") and killing a patient has to do with police?
Quite a non-sequitur.
Obviously, both have jobs that if done incorrectly, can lead to the death of an innocent individual.
Obviously, the nurse being given 6 years is less than the cop being given 0 years.

Do you have a comment about why this may be a poor comparison or a comment about why such a difference might make sense? Or is gaslighting about the obvious connection all you got?

It's not hijacking. It's offering an update on a case that was discussed on here for a couple of pages.
What can a case discussed a couple of pages ago possibly have to do with this page? They are totally different pages. See how stupid-easy that is?

Amir Locke's sentencing has fuck all to do with how police should be trained or act. This is a thread about police misconduct and you deliberately segued towards your favourite hobby horse. That is the very literal definition of hijacking.

Amir Locke's sentencing has fuck all to do with how police should be trained or act.
Mehki Speed, not Amir Locke. And his sentencing has to do with the Amir Locke case, which was discussed here. Which makes this thread the proper one to bring an update to the case.

This is a thread about police misconduct and you deliberately segued towards your favourite hobby horse. That is the very literal definition of hijacking.
No. I posted an update that was discussed on here. If anything you are hijacking by complaining about said update.

What can a case discussed a couple of pages ago possibly have to do with this page? They are totally different pages. See how stupid-easy that is?
I can't post on a different page. All posts get appended to the current page, or if full, the next page. Sorry that the technical limitations of this forum offend your pagination sensibilities. Get better.

Mehki Speed, not Amir Locke. And his sentencing has to do with the Amir Locke case, which was discussed here. Which makes this thread the proper one to bring an update to the case.

The thread is about police misconduct. There was no police misconduct in their dealings with Mehki Speed. Mehki Speed's case has nothing to do with Amir Locke. If you can cite court documents claiming otherwise you're most welcome to do so.

I appreciate the update on Mehki Speed's case though.

This is about a nurse given 6 years in prison as a comparison to police
What does a nurse screwing up (possibly due to nurses given too much freedom to act independently, aka "midlevel creep") and killing a patient has to do with police?
Quite a non-sequitur.
Obviously, both have jobs that if done incorrectly, can lead to the death of an innocent individual.
Obviously, the nurse being given 6 years is less than the cop being given 0 years.

Do you have a comment about why this may be a poor comparison or a comment about why such a difference might make sense? Or is gaslighting about the obvious connection all you got?
You attempt to isolate topics to avoid parallels that are inconvenient to your point.
I can't post on a different page. All posts get appended to the current page, or if full, the next page. Sorry that the technical limitations of this forum offend your pagination sensibilities. Get better.
You complain about the isolation of topics when the point is being made by others..

This is called "dishonest discourse"... not that you a liar, but that you lack integrity, or self-awareness of your own tactics being applied inconsistently... which is all fine and good if you are trying to "win" some debate against an idiot that can't see your MO... but that is not this audience, who quite clearly sees your MO.

This is in my backyard... well, not literally, though something like this could have happened right next to my backyard had the suspect not given up.

Really didn't even know this happened. Small protest, didn't even know that occurred other than a closed road, but Akron loves to fuck with people that drive in Akron. The July 4th Rib fest was cancelled... which is when I found out about the shooting. The shooting... oh my... 90 bullets from 8 cops.

Suspect was told to pull over for a traffic violation around midnight. Suspect had a speeding ticket, nothing else for a criminal record. He led a 4 or so minute chase, partially on the highway, allegedly fired at least two bullets at the officers from the car during chase (casings found in car and on road). Then exited vehicle, ran away, did something the cops took as a threat, and they opened a massive volley of bullets. 60 or so strikes! The suspect's gun was in the car, not on him. Nothing about anything illegal in the car.

Firing on officers pretty much is a one-way street to personal harm. But, 8 officers effectively emptying their clips into the guy? Had he not fired, he might still be alive, maybe not.

He led a 4 or so minute chase, partially on the highway, allegedly fired at least two bullets at the officers from the car during chase (casings found in car and on road). Then exited vehicle, ran away, did something the cops took as a threat, and they opened a massive volley of bullets. 60 or so strikes!
If he fired at police, I fail to see how this is "police misconduct". More like protester misconduct for blocking roads and causing the Rib Fest to be cancelled (bastards!)
60 rounds or more is not that hard when you have multiple officers firing. You can loose 10 rounds in a couple of seconds with a semiauto handgun.

Had he not fired, he might still be alive, maybe not.

He would most certainly be alive. What I wonder is, why did he run for a minor traffic stop? Why did he shoot at police? Esp. when he supposedly had no criminal record.
I think another shoe will probably drop giving us more of a context, just like it did for Michael Brown, the original cause celebre of #BLM insurrectionists.

Btw., this is Jayland.

FWmGGghXwAAvKac.png

From his Insta account, which is unfortunately set to private. Not sure how much longer it will be up at all though.
Is this the gun he used to shoot at police?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom