• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pope Francis: Have Children, Not Pets

Well, at least we know that Catholic priests aren't as interested in molesting cats and dogs.

Well a lot of cat owners seem to be lonely, so it's partly true.

I am not lonely. I have the DBF and three dogs as well as my two cats.

{{{gmbteach}}}

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I join Pope Francis is mourning how empty and lonely your life is without knowing the joy of having children and being forced to settle like this.

My dog is blissfully happy chewing on a bone, as opposed to some goddamned Play Station. I can lock him up in the basement for a couple of hours and go about town, and I'm not considered a monster. He keeps me laughing all day long, as opposed to exasperating me and sucking the will to live straight out of my body. At about age 15, he'll be at the peak of his sweet, sublime personality, as opposed to a cocky, mocking, arrogant teen who wants to do designer drugs with his slacker friends. Yeah, I want kids real soon. The earth needs us all to replace ourselves with multiple genetic copies, too; that's so obvious.

Is the pope happy then?

I don't have a wife or kids and I am just fine. The pope could probably use a wife so he won't feel guilt about masturbating all the time.

What disgusts me about this is not the comparison to having pets, but the comparison to childlessness. To my knowledge, this is the first I have heard of an official (infallible?) Catholic decree that couples have a DUTY to make babies. I always thought it was encouraged, but not required. The list of things Catholics are supposed to feel guilty about keeps growing.

What disgusts me about this is not the comparison to having pets, but the comparison to childlessness. To my knowledge, this is the first I have heard of an official (infallible?) Catholic decree that couples have a DUTY to make babies. I always thought it was encouraged, but not required. The list of things Catholics are supposed to feel guilty about keeps growing.

This isn't a "Catholic decree" as far as I can tell. It is merely the Pope giving a mass. What he says here hasn't become some part of Catholic religious doctrine.

My dog is blissfully happy chewing on a bone, as opposed to some goddamned Play Station. ...

When my dog was a puppy, he was blissfully happy chewing my goddamned Play Station. And anything else fragile and expensive. But he grew out of that stage after a few months - if you have kids, it is years before you can expect not to find peanut butter in your expensive electronic equipment.

I think it is stated somewhere that it is a catholic's duty to reproduce as much as they can.

Something I found out yesterday that explains something I haven't understood.

Until 1922 it was the church's practice to hand its child molesters over to secular law. In that year, the pope of the time, worried about diminishing church power, decreed that they close ranks and keep such problems in-house.

That will be why priests, bishops and cardinals will face down the law and lie through their teeth about child abusers, they believe they are obeying a higher authority.

My dog is blissfully happy chewing on a bone, as opposed to some goddamned Play Station. ...

When my dog was a puppy, he was blissfully happy chewing my goddamned Play Station. And anything else fragile and expensive. But he grew out of that stage after a few months - if you have kids, it is years before you can expect not to find peanut butter in your expensive electronic equipment.

What do you mean 'he grew out of that stage'? He still likes chewing on things.

What do you mean 'he grew out of that stage'? He still likes chewing on things.

Not like he did as a puppy. Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom