• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

President Jackass thinks he can overrule the Constitution

Does it apply to illegal immigrants? That seems pretty much what the fuss is about in right wing land.
SCOTUS ruled that a child born of immigrants in the US was a citizen. I suppose SCOTUS could try and rule that illegal immigrants have no legal claims in the US, but the trouble is that the child has not committed a crime. To suggest that the child is not qualified for citizenship because of its parents seems legally problematic.

Does it apply to illegal immigrants? That seems pretty much what the fuss is about in right wing land.

Unless the Supreme Court wanted to consider them an invading force, they would need to set a precedent. As it stands now, as long as you are born on US soil and your foreign born parents are not representing another country (not within US jurisdiction), you are a US citizen. To more narrowly define the Citizenship Clause to me would redefine who we are as a nation. It would be a great shame.

Born on US soil, you're a US citizen.
American Flag.jpg

Regardless of the the constitution and the orange jackass, how does russia hating majority of this forum feels about let say pregnant female member of russian parliament who flies to loss Angeles to give birth and then going back to her "job" of being anti-american?

I am very fond of every Russian I have ever met in the US. Most of them seem to have an "oh well..." attitude toward Putin's autocratic government, which is understandable given their history of Czars, bloody revolutions etc.
If a few million pregnant Russian women came to the US to give birth, I would definitely welcome it. If such a possibility were in the offing, INDIVIDUAL-1 would certainly not be blathering about personally overriding the 14th Amendment to the Constitution.
You answered a different question.

You asked a question irrelevant to the topic.

What's more dangerous? A couple thousand poor downtrodden Hondurans looking for a better life or a president that thinks he can change the constitution on a wim?

I doubt he can change the law that easy, but I am not a fan of birthright citizenship. If someone is born here to non-citizens, there should at least be a minimum residency requirement for citizenship.

Good luck with that, shit for brains.

President Wants to Use Executive Order to End Birthright Citizenship

Yeah, it's just a ploy to rile up his STOOPIDS, but it's really annoying and will probably backfire. It looks way too much like what many of us have expected - a royal jackass trying to kill off the Constitution.

Stupid libtard. Do you honestly think America is still under the rule of law?

"Constitution" is just a noise conservatives make when they want to abandon the rule of law law and shit all over the Constitution. In order to get away with it, they need to accuse you of what they are doing.

I doubt he can change the law that easy, but I am not a fan of birthright citizenship. If someone is born here to non-citizens, there should at least be a minimum residency requirement for citizenship.

It's not just a law. It's the 14th amendment to the Constitution. Changing the constitution is not like changing a law. The constitution spells out how the constitution can be changed.

What's more dangerous? A couple thousand poor downtrodden Hondurans looking for a better life or a president that thinks he can change the constitution on a wim?

Hmmmm. Let me think about that REALLY, REALLY HARD, for a nanosecond. I vote the latter is a gigaquad more dangerous than the former.

Even Ryan knows Trump is shit for brains.

Regardless of the the constitution and the orange jackass, how does russia hating majority of this forum feels about let say pregnant female member of russian parliament who flies to loss Angeles to give birth and then going back to her "job" of being anti-american?

The child would have to get a US passport before returning to Russia...

(And maybe a Russian one too.)
I am not sure of that. But the point is, you have people who are using this law to their advantage.
This amendment needs to be amended. It was never intended to work in today's environment. And it's unfair too. same applies to 2nd one

Last edited:
Birth tourism brings Russian baby boom to Miami

MIAMI — Lured by the charm of little Havana or the glamour of South Beach, some 15 million tourists visit Miami every year.

But for a growing number of Russian women, the draw isn't sunny beaches or pulsing nightclubs. It's U.S. citizenship for their newborn children.

In Moscow, it's a status symbol to have a Miami-born baby, and social media is full of Russian women boasting of their little americantsy.

It's a Putin plot! Why are the Dems colluding with the Russians on this!?!

The Dems are also colluding with the Chinese! Collusion! Traitors!

Arriving as Pregnant Tourists, Leaving With American Babies

SAN GABRIEL, Calif. — The building inspectors and police officers walked into the small row of connected town houses here knowing something was amiss. Neighbors had complained about noise and a lot of pregnant women coming and going. And when they went into a kitchen they saw a row of clear bassinets holding several infants, with a woman acting as a nurse hovering over them.

For months, officials say, the house was home to “maternity tourists,” in this case, women from China who had paid tens of thousands of dollars to deliver their babies in the United States, making the infants automatic American citizens. Officials shut down the home, sending the 10 mothers who had been living there with their babies to nearby motels.

You mean, like living here since birth?

Citizenship residency requirement is a defined time period.

Birth tourism brings Russian baby boom to Miami

MIAMI — Lured by the charm of little Havana or the glamour of South Beach, some 15 million tourists visit Miami every year.

But for a growing number of Russian women, the draw isn't sunny beaches or pulsing nightclubs. It's U.S. citizenship for their newborn children.

In Moscow, it's a status symbol to have a Miami-born baby, and social media is full of Russian women boasting of their little americantsy.

It's a Putin plot! Why are the Dems colluding with the Russians on this!?!

Of course Trump is the real colluder, again.

In a twist, as the Daily Beast first reported, condo buildings that bear the Trump name are the most popular for the out-of-town obstetric patients, although the units are subleased from the individual owners and it's not clear if building management is aware.

There is no indication that Trump or the Trump Organization is profiting directly from birth tourism; the company and the White House did not respond to requests for comment.

Roman Bokeria, the state director of the Florida Association of Realtors told NBC News that Trump- branded buildings in the Sunny Isles Beach area north of Miami are particularly popular with the Russian birth tourists and Russian immigrants.

Russians Flock to Trump Properties to Give Birth to U.S. Citizens

Of course Trump is the real colluder, again.

In a twist, as the Daily Beast first reported, condo buildings that bear the Trump name are the most popular for the out-of-town obstetric patients, although the units are subleased from the individual owners and it's not clear if building management is aware.

There is no indication that Trump or the Trump Organization is profiting directly from birth tourism; the company and the White House did not respond to requests for comment.

Roman Bokeria, the state director of the Florida Association of Realtors told NBC News that Trump- branded buildings in the Sunny Isles Beach area north of Miami are particularly popular with the Russian birth tourists and Russian immigrants.

Russians Flock to Trump Properties to Give Birth to U.S. Citizens

So you think this whole birth tourism thing should be stopped? Or are you on Putin's payroll, too?

Back
Top Bottom