• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Profound Thoughts

Elixir

Made in America
Warning Level 1
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
Pop one peyote button in your mouth, munch down on it a couple of times and you can look from horizon to horizon, eat anything you see and it will taste better.

Elixir

Made in America
Warning Level 1
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
"The second sign of madness is hairs growing from the palm of your hand".

That one always reminds me of a previous neighbor ... a firefighter. Had a kid about six yrs old who put his hand on a woodburning stove and seared his palm off. They grafted some skin from elsewhere and the kid had hair on his palms evermore.
Oh wait, that's true but not funny. Never mind.

OLDMAN

Basic Beliefs
NONE
The universe is just energy, changing it's form.

ruby sparks

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

That one always reminds me of a previous neighbor ... a firefighter. Had a kid about six yrs old who put his hand on a woodburning stove and seared his palm off. They grafted some skin from elsewhere and the kid had hair on his palms evermore.

:)

I assume you know what the first sign of madness is?

WAB

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
n/a

Trying to give yourself a pearl necklace?

Atheos

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Skeptic

I haven't had time to look it up. I've been too busy checking my palms to see if there was any hair growing there.

WAB

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
n/a

I haven't had time to look it up. I've been too busy checking my palms to see if there was any hair growing there.

Well, the problem is that your eyesight starts to go kerflooey along with the hair growth, so what's happening is you can't SEE the hair. Have you tried feeling for it? If you feel any, cut your hands off immediately and begin praying...

Wait...

ideologyhunter

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
atheism/beatnikism
Breathless, sandstone awaits the pulse of wind. Below, its million children sparkle. Air, stone, birth.
(Meditations of Prophet Elohssa, 1390 CE)

Last edited:
Reactions: WAB

ideologyhunter

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
atheism/beatnikism
He who would strike the gong of fortitude must turn the pestle of annihilation. O sunrise! O elation...O god of pomp! (fragmented text)
(Meditations of Prophet Elohssa, 1390 CE)

These were Elohssa's last known words as the people of Thrace set him adrift in a shittim wood tub in the Black Sea. It was preserved as a verse in the Thracian drinking song Filonikis Diki, Elossiki Psi Shittim Amfisilon (Set Sail, Elohssa, in Shittim -- That Sounds About Right.)

Last edited:

WAB

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
n/a

ideologyhunter

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
atheism/beatnikism
There is a saying.
Yesterday is history;
Tomorrow is a mystery;
But today is a gift.
That is why it is called the present.

-Oogway in Kung Fu Panda(2008)

Remember, to the creator goddess Parvati, in whose loins we are created, we're all just cooch.

Brian63

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker/atheist/humanist
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

To be uncorrupted, we should strive to be ignorant then, yes? Not sure how else to escape that destination.

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
Given that tickling yourself doesn't work the same as someone else tickling you, we really lucked out with masturbation.

ideologyhunter

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
atheism/beatnikism
You know what's weird? Finding out you're the same age as old people.

Oh God -- my FIFTIETH high school reunion comes up in '22 (assuming covid, etc...) I didn't go to any of the others and I damn sure won't be at this one. I can't imagine what it's like to see a lot of moldy figs with purple veins showing on calves and walkers and the wheezing effect of sitting down and standing up....and thinking, I did the same homework as these people! We ate tater rounds in the cafeteria together!! Don't some people come home from 50th reunions and climb directly into their caskets?

Elixir

Made in America
Warning Level 1
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated

Oh God -- my FIFTIETH high school reunion comes up in '22 (assuming covid, etc...) I didn't go to any of the others and I damn sure won't be at this one. I can't imagine what it's like to see a lot of moldy figs with purple veins showing on calves and walkers and the wheezing effect of sitting down and standing up....and thinking, I did the same homework as these people! We ate tater rounds in the cafeteria together!! Don't some people come home from 50th reunions and climb directly into their caskets?

Sometimes I just sit around congratulating myself for having dropped out of high school. That's one of the big reasons why.

OLDMAN

Basic Beliefs
NONE

Isn't it odd we have some affinity to go? I really didn't know these people very well and only for three years. I don't go back to former employers and hang out for a day. Even though I worked there a long time. Never really like school either.....which might explain why I haven't been to a reunion.

Atheos

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Skeptic
Everybody's different. Personally I went to 1st grade with many of the same people in my high school graduation class. I went to my 25 year reunion and it was interesting to see many of those faces along with what they'd done so far with their lives. If I live long enough and the opportunity presents itself (in about 7 more years) I guess I'll go to my 50th and see what's what. I still look like Adonis so if nothing else I can make everyone else jealous they're not me. :)

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
Muffins are bullshit.

They are just for people who don’t have the balls to order cake for breakfast.

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
One thing they never tell you about being an adult is how much time you debate yourself on keeping a cardboard box because it's a really really good box.

Elixir

Made in America
Warning Level 1
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
I've spent my whole life wondering why my sister has two brothers and I've only got the one.

"Well son, strange things happen here in the South, with sisters marrying their fathers and cousins, their brothers marrying goats and everything... "

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Farmers - 8 billion
Chickens - 0

I haul about 8,000 refrigerated chickens worth of meat a day, on average. I drive one of ten trucks doing the Brisbane Metro area deliveries, so that's ~80,000 chooks a day, 311 days a year (we don't work Sundays, Good Friday, or Christmas Day), so that's roughly 25 million chickens being killed per annum, just from our company, just for local consumption.

We are the second largest chicken processor in the Australian market.

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
I've spent my whole life wondering why my sister has two brothers and I've only got the one.

"Well son, strange things happen here in the South, with sisters marrying their fathers and cousins, their brothers marrying goats and everything... "

60346688_2190342404395729_8069552471766204416_n.jpg

Top Bottom