• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Profound Thoughts

Breathless, sandstone awaits the pulse of wind. Below, its million children sparkle. Air, stone, birth.
(Meditations of Prophet Elohssa, 1390 CE)

Last edited:
Reactions: WAB
He who would strike the gong of fortitude must turn the pestle of annihilation. O sunrise! O elation...O god of pomp! (fragmented text)
(Meditations of Prophet Elohssa, 1390 CE)

These were Elohssa's last known words as the people of Thrace set him adrift in a shittim wood tub in the Black Sea. It was preserved as a verse in the Thracian drinking song Filonikis Diki, Elossiki Psi Shittim Amfisilon (Set Sail, Elohssa, in Shittim -- That Sounds About Right.)

Last edited:
There is a saying.
Yesterday is history;
Tomorrow is a mystery;
But today is a gift.
That is why it is called the present.

-Oogway in Kung Fu Panda(2008)

Remember, to the creator goddess Parvati, in whose loins we are created, we're all just cooch.

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

To be uncorrupted, we should strive to be ignorant then, yes? Not sure how else to escape that destination.

Given that tickling yourself doesn't work the same as someone else tickling you, we really lucked out with masturbation.

You know what's weird? Finding out you're the same age as old people.

Oh God -- my FIFTIETH high school reunion comes up in '22 (assuming covid, etc...) I didn't go to any of the others and I damn sure won't be at this one. I can't imagine what it's like to see a lot of moldy figs with purple veins showing on calves and walkers and the wheezing effect of sitting down and standing up....and thinking, I did the same homework as these people! We ate tater rounds in the cafeteria together!! Don't some people come home from 50th reunions and climb directly into their caskets?

Oh God -- my FIFTIETH high school reunion comes up in '22 (assuming covid, etc...) I didn't go to any of the others and I damn sure won't be at this one. I can't imagine what it's like to see a lot of moldy figs with purple veins showing on calves and walkers and the wheezing effect of sitting down and standing up....and thinking, I did the same homework as these people! We ate tater rounds in the cafeteria together!! Don't some people come home from 50th reunions and climb directly into their caskets?

Sometimes I just sit around congratulating myself for having dropped out of high school. That's one of the big reasons why.

Isn't it odd we have some affinity to go? I really didn't know these people very well and only for three years. I don't go back to former employers and hang out for a day. Even though I worked there a long time. Never really like school either.....which might explain why I haven't been to a reunion.

Back
Top Bottom