• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Protester" Misconduct Catch All Thread

nobody held a sore loser stab-a-thon after the email lady lost, just saying
It seems that the Antifas were the stabby ones in DC actually.
Also, after the email lady lost, there was a shootathon at the Congressional baseball game.

And by the way, if you were not so angry all the time Floof, you'd probably have figured out that you can embed tweets directly instead of using oversized screen shots.

What else would you expect from people who are violent at the drop of a hat when they don't get their way or when someone is black or people around the world don't obey the right wing moron god or the right wing moron king dickwad or whatever?

What the hell are you babbling about?

Last edited:
It seems that the Antifas were the stabby ones in DC actually.
Also, after the email lady lost, there was a shootaton at the Congressional baseball game.

And by the way, if you were not so angry all the time Floof, you'd probably have figured out that you can embed tweets directly instead of using oversized screen shots.

What else would you expect from people who are violent at the drop of a hat when they don't get their way or when someone is black or people around the world don't obey the right wing moron god or the right wing moron king dickwad or whatever?

What the hell are you babbling about?

Right wing ideology is based in us vs. them mentality. This is not even a controversy. There are no other principles to right wing ideology other than us vs. them. Anything is excusable, any behavior, any prejudice, any lie, any hypocrisy, as long as it makes right wing morons feel like they've won something and are on their way to total social domination.

Name one conservative principle or value that the current right wing ideological disease in the form of white supremacy, Proud Boys, Trumpianity, etc., that has not shit on. Shit on, ignored, used as lip service when convenient. There are no other principles at play among the right wing in the U.S. at this time in our history other than us vs. them, our authority figure will beat up your authority figure, you're all evil liars, we are conform or die "patriots," you are traitors if you don't... The so called values of right wingers are shifting sands.

There's literally nothing else going on there. Small government, taxes, "pro-life" are all hypocrisies. It's entirely about winning against a concocted "enemy" made up of anyone who is not a right wing nutjob. There are no other requirements, just the ideological tribe.

But how would you recognize anyone who doesn't think that way?

It seems that the Antifas were the stabby ones in DC actually

So the Nazis were only the shooty ones?
Oh wait ...
An independent journalist also said she was stabbed in the ear by a person she believed to be a member of the Proud Boys.

So I guess that should be "the Nazis were the only shooty ones".

I hear that the Proud Boys chairman Enrique Tarrio got stabbied. That's terrible. Too bad they can't go find the antifa chairman, and stabby him in return!
What was his name again?

Of course. You just wail about property damage.
And I guess you are fine with property damage as long as your side does it, right?
Property damage should not be tolerated. Especially widespread property damage done for purposes of political intimidation.
BLM vandalism.jpg

Also consider that just like the thread that inspired it, this is supposed to be about misconduct not rising to the level warranting a separate thread.

If there was such a thing as "antifa's actions" that would be a very salient point.
I don't believe there is any organized leftist group that corresponds to "proud boys" or any of the right wing extremist so-called militias. Certainly none advocating violence against people the way they do.

Antifas are very much violent. Even CNN, generally sympathetic to them and their goals had to admit as much in this segment.

I'd very much like to take one or two of their properties off the hands of whoever is holding the notes they are defaulting on.
Wish I could do more - I love Portland!

It's one thing to "Love Portland", it's quite another to want to help a "sovereign citizen" grifter who doesn't want to pay his bills, thinks laws do not apply to him or his kin, killed a man through reckless driving and oh yeah, abuses dogs.

Portland Red House son cited for mistreatment of puppies

Garbage people! "BLM/Antifa really know how to pick 'em!

Right wing ideology is based in us vs. them mentality.

All extremist ideology is. Anti-white racist think in terms of so-called "BIPOC" over here and white people over there. Antifas see communists over here and everybody else is a fascist and deserves to be punched or stabbed or shot.

This is not even a controversy.
I wasn't even denying it. I was just trying to open your eyes that it applies to your side just as much.

I am not even going to respond to the rest of your screed as it is irrelevant. I do not know, or much care for, the supposed theoretical justification for far-right or far-left ideologies. Both have some in their own minds. Both are steaming piles of bullshit.

What was his name again?
So left-wing violence is just fine and dandy if they are a decentralized, cell-based movement?

Did I say that? (HINT: no, YOU said that)

Did you know that right wing extremist terrorism is the greatest threat to America, according to the people we pay to know what the greatest terrorist threat to America is?
Maybe it's Trump's fault that they say that. Go after him.

And I guess you are fine with property damage as long as your side does it, right?

You're batting a hair above zero, Derec. Bad guess - again.
My guess is that you are trying to equate the history, scale, and threat levels posed by right and left wing extremists.
Just cut it out dude - it's a losing argument.

Right wing ideology is based in us vs. them mentality.

All extremist ideology is. Anti-white racist think in terms of so-called "BIPOC" over here and white people over there. Antifas see communists over here and everybody else is a fascist and deserves to be punched or stabbed or shot.

This is not even a controversy.
I wasn't even denying it. I was just trying to open your eyes that it applies to your side just as much.

I am not even going to respond to the rest of your screed as it is irrelevant. I do not know, or much care for, the supposed theoretical justification for far-right or far-left ideologies. Both have some in their own minds. Both are steaming piles of bullshit.

How would you know? Seriously, if your ideological group were to be taken over by snake oil salesmen and fear mongers manipulating you, how would you know? How would authority worshipers who cannot question authority even begin to know if their ideological group is poisoned? Questioning is traitorous. You're helpless to defend yourself against authoritarian manipulation. All they have to do is prey on your prejudices and excuse your own group's bad behavior by saying things like "both sides are the same." It's really not difficult at all to manipulate people of right wing mentality. Political and religious right wing ideologies alike are based in all those elements that prevent you defending yourself against manipulation. Given how distorted and fear based your views of everything outside your in-group are, you're a textbook case.

Teh Grauniad said:
In one video showing the car’s movements, a small group of protesters could be seen gathered around the car as it slowly approached an intersection, with one person seemingly leaning over the front of the vehicle. The car suddenly accelerated, knocking aside the people who were blocking it and people who were in the intersection.

There's not enough there to see if it was self defense or not.

There is enough there in the quoted material to establish that the driver acted recklessly. It's an intersection for chrissake.

No--if the driver was attacked with sufficient potential force it would be legitimate.

There's not enough there to see if it was self defense or not.

Protesters surrounding cars is a bad thing, though--all it takes is one getting too threatening and you have people who didn't intend to do anything wrong flying everywhere.
Hurting people who do not intend you harm is not self-defense. At a minimum, it is reckless indifference.

No. The group is responsible for the actions of any member of the group.

One person in the group turns violent, the driver flees, others who had no intent to commit violence get hurt, all the blame goes to the one who got violent.

People should not be shooting others (unless in self defense). It looks like the Antifas escalated the situation to physical violence by spraying the PBs with mace. Which is a crime.

A little problem here: None of their sources confirm the account of the tear gas. Note that tear gassing of protesters is a right wing tactic far more than a left wing tactic. I strongly suspect it's at best misreported, perhaps entirely fake news.

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrumpsAmerica?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TrumpsAmerica</a><br>Proud boys ruthlessly breathing a non-combative couple at a "Stop the Steal" playdate in Washington DC. <a href="https://t.co/EkvkobR8Ih">pic.twitter.com/EkvkobR8Ih</a></p>— v.for.vincent (@VinnyboyXI) <a href="https://twitter.com/VinnyboyXI/status/1337990138127912960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]..

Historic D.C. Black churches attacked during pro-Trump rallies Saturday

A Black Lives Matter banner and sign were torn from two historic Black churches in downtown D.C. and destroyed during pro-Trump protests Saturday night.

D.C. police said they are investigating the events as potential hate crimes.

In one of the incidents, videos posted on Twitter show a group of people identified as Proud Boys marching with a Black Lives Matter banner held above their heads, then cheering as it is set on fire while chanting “f--- antifa.”

The banner was taken from Asbury United Methodist Church, one of the oldest Black churches in the city. Asbury United has stood at the corner of 11th and K streets NW since 1836.

“Last night demonstrators who were part of the MAGA gatherings tore down our Black Lives Matter sign and literally burned it in the street,” the Rev. Ianther M. Mills, the church’s senior pastor, said in a statement. “It pained me especially to see our name, Asbury, in flames. For me it was reminiscent of cross burnings.”

Look at these geniuses. :rofl:

While I never confused Proud Boys with geniuses, the real stupidity is with Marie the Twit. This is a prime example of mooning. Mooning is not meant to be a threatening act. It's a mocking act, albeit very silly and juvenile one.

“Last night demonstrators who were part of the MAGA gatherings tore down our Black Lives Matter sign and literally burned it in the street,” the Rev. Ianther M. Mills, the church’s senior pastor, said in a statement. “It pained me especially to see our name, Asbury, in flames. For me it was reminiscent of cross burnings.”

How is that different from that woman stealing a Confederate flag from a building close to SC capitol a few years ago or from what this guy did?

A little problem here: None of their sources confirm the account of the tear gas. Note that tear gassing of protesters is a right wing tactic far more than a left wing tactic. I strongly suspect it's at best misreported, perhaps entirely fake news.

The article Elixir posted reported that, I merely pointed out to his what his own source said.

And this is the problem with you on this issue. You dismiss any claims of left-wing violence as "fake news". I think both right and left wing extremists are engaging in violence. Why are you so steadfast in refusing that left wingers are doing anything violent?

My guess is that you are trying to equate the history, scale, and threat levels posed by right and left wing extremists.
Just cut it out dude - it's a losing argument.

Speaking of history. I have not lived through the 70s but I have read plenty about the left wing violence of that era. Black Panthers, Black Liberation Army, Weathermen, Puerto Rican Separatists etc. Time of police officers getting ambushed, banks being robbed "for the cause" and countless bombings.

I think the left is getting more and more extremist and that we may be entering another decade like the 70s.

Back
Top Bottom