• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rape victim ordered to pay her abuser child support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where were Abelseth's parents while she was out buying drinks in a bar, 5 years underage? Why didn't she at least tell the father of her daughter about the child before the kid was born? Why was a bartender serving drinks to a 16y/o?
Where is your evidence our support for your speculation that she was buying drinks?

And... why are you so quick to dismiss her allegation of rape - not just statutory, but forcible nonconsensual rape? Do you really think that a rape victim has some obligation to tell her rapist that he made her pregnant?

Tom, I'm on the ropes with a hand out waiting for you to tag me in. You're getting pounded out there on that wrestling mat brotha! I admire your tenacity but you need to maneuver in a way I can hop in the ring and lay the smacketh down.

All we know for sure is that there are some pretty lousy people who think that it is just fine for 30 year olds to offer to drive 16 year olds home and then to take them back to the 30 year old’s place and rape them and to sue fir child support when you hear the victim is filing charges.
Probably so.
But I don't know of any.

Who are you referring to here?
Tom
You. YOU keep trying to force a narrative of this being a completely and totally consensual slut-fuck from a couple of people who were both raging drunk... and you implied that they were at a bar "together" as if they intentionally both got hammered with the intent to sex it up. YOU keep reframing this as if it's a perfectly okay situation in which the man did NOT commit any kind of rape at all.

YOU seem to think that a fucking 30 year old man offering a ride to a minor and then raping her is perfectly okay.

Sorry Emily.
You're one of the many posters here who keep misrepresenting things I post.

I never said any of that crap, no matter how desperately you want me to be wrong.

I didn't say it. You're making it up.
Tom

All we know for sure is that there are some pretty lousy people who think that it is just fine for 30 year olds to offer to drive 16 year olds home and then to take them back to the 30 year old’s place and rape them and to sue fir child support when you hear the victim is filing charges.
Probably so.
But I don't know of any.

Tom
You. YOU keep trying to force a narrative of this being a completely and totally consensual slut-fuck from a couple of people who were both raging drunk... and you implied that they were at a bar "together" as if they intentionally both got hammered with the intent to sex it up. YOU keep reframing this as if it's a perfectly okay situation in which the man did NOT commit any kind of rape at all.

YOU seem to think that a fucking 30 year old man offering a ride to a minor and then raping her is perfectly okay.

Sorry Emily.

I never said any of that crap, no matter how desperately you want me to be wrong.

Tom

What do you mean by scumbags? Sure their actions may be described that way but scumbag is not a word used to describe actions. Then there is the problem of placing an equal amount of burden of acting responsibly on a minor as you would on a GROWN ASS MAN. I want to step in and assist (because I think you mean well) but you're not making this easy.

Probably so.
But I don't know of any.

Tom

Sorry Emily.

Tom

What do you mean by scumbags? Sure their actions may be described that way but scumbag is not a word used to describe actions. Then there is the problem of placing an equal amount of burden of acting responsibly on a minor as you would on a GROWN ASS MAN. I want to step in and assist (because I think you mean well) but you're not making this easy.

Here, I'll throw you guys a bone: It was irresponsible of a 16 year old girl to be drinking illegally (if that's even the case, still haven't seen the support for this assumption). And it certainly is a poor decision for a 16 year old to accept a ride home from a strange man - while it's not all men, predators are almost exclusively male, and taking a ride from him materially increased her risk of sexual assault and harm.

There, I gave you a reasonable starting argument for "What she should have done so a man didn't rape her" Have a go at it.

So no, technically you haven't said that, not in those exact words.
So we can both agree.
I didn't post that.
You made it up to suit yourself.

When I called bullshit, I was right.

Ahem.

Exactly where did I say anything like this?

I get a bit tired of "I didn't say that" because you didn't use exactly those words in exactly that order, despite the fact that the sentiment is the same.

Abelseth was drinking in a bar? How did that happen?
She left with some guy. A guy who failed to check her ID.
Seriously?

I'm not condoning any of this whatsoever. Not underage drinking. Not taking a drunk chick home for sleazy sex. Not having a baby at that age. None of it.

But also not the pretense that she's an innocent victim of a predator.
Too short for what?
To say "No, I don't want to go anywhere with you."?
To run away?
This situation clearly resulted from multiple bad choices by various people. Unsurprisingly, alcohol was involved. And it started 16 years ago, I don't trust anybody's memory all that long.

Especially not when they have an agenda.
You know who I really feel sorry for?

The child caught in the shit storm. She had no say in anything, but she can't escape her parents dumbassery either.
I feel bad for her because she's been living in this mess her whole life.

It would be great if scumbags, like her parents, didn't put kids through this crazy crap.
Tom
I didn't refer to the mother in particular as a scumbag.

I pointed out the scumbag behavior of the parents, she's just one of them. Both got drunk in a bar and had irresponsible sex that led to a kid growing up with them as parents.
Poor thing.
Tom

Especially when contrasted with someone alleging bad behavior on the part of the man who at bare minimum statutorily raped a 16 year old.
You know who else has a lot of pull in small town courts? People who have contracts with the local police department.
Yet another unsupported allegation of trashiness.
Tom

The most judgemental thing you have to say about the man is that he had irresponsible sex and has been part of a contentious custody battle. You get your hackles up when someone points out his ties with the local police department - which have been reported in multiple outlets as being one of his clients. You accused one of the articles of straight out lying about the whole thing. You put a fair bit into defending this man you don't know, and about which you know nothing.

On the other hand... you're completely glossing over the fact that no matter how you cut it this was statutory rape on his part - a fucking 30 year old man who had sex with a 16 year old. And you place "equal" blame on her... except it's not equal - you point out HER shortcomings repeatedly - SHE got drunk, SHE didn't say no to a ride home, SHE didn't run away, SHE has an agenda, SHE is a dumbass parent and a scumbag parent.

Your "equality" is to say that they both got drunk and had irresponsible sex. A 30 year old grown ass man who is alleged to have raped an intoxicated minor... is being cast as "equally" responsible for the pregnancy because they "both" made bad "decisions".

Fuck that.

It is 100% the responsibility of the ADULT to not have sex with MINORS.

I want to step in and assist (because I think you mean well) but you're not making this easy.
Why would I want your "assist"?

Feel free to express an opinion. If you don't want to, then don't. I'm honestly not too impressed with your opinions on this subject, maybe other posters will be.
Tom

I want to step in and assist (because I think you mean well) but you're not making this easy.

Feel free to express an opinion. If you don't want to, then don't. I'm honestly not too impressed with your opinions on this subject, maybe other posters will be.
Tom

Do you really believe I made those posts to impress you?

Tom

Nope
I think you made them to impress other IIDB posters.
Tom

Tom

Nope

Did you use the word scumbag in the same way you used the word impressed? :unsure:

You, for one. You seem absolutely just fine with what the 30 year old did and what he's doing now.

I'm calling bullshit.

I'm certain that nowhere have I said that what Barnes did was "absolutely just fine".

[removed]
Tom
Of course you are.

You don’t like being called out on your words that you write about a 16 year old rape victim. Maybe actually reading them and having them attributed to you makes you uncomfortable because you see how judgmental and hypocritical you are with regards to a 16 year old girl vs a 30 year old man.

I have no idea what goes through your head when you write what you do. But I’m sure that’s not your fault either

Last edited by a moderator:
You, for one. You seem absolutely just fine with what the 30 year old did and what he's doing now.

I'm calling bullshit.

I'm certain that nowhere have I said that what Barnes did was "absolutely just fine".

[removed]
Tom
Of course you are.

You don’t like being called out on your words that you write about a 16 year old rape victim. Maybe actually reading them and having them attributed to you makes you uncomfortable because you see how judgmental and hypocritical you are with regards to a 16 year old girl vs a 30 year old man.

I have no idea what goes through your head when you write what you do. But I’m sure that’s not your fault either
Once again, I'm calling bullshit.

Nowhere have I ever said that what Barnes did was "absolutely just fine".

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom